+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

working holiday confused...

moey03

Nov 12, 2012
when i was in japan, i applied for a working holiday visa, but when i came here to Toronto i saw that the sheet they attached to my passport says work permit? are those the same? confused... I know i cannot extend my working holiday visa... but i really would like to stay more... I am now working at Tim Hortons for 2 months.. and my visa will expire next year... what should I do?? thanks for all the help... should i get my employer to apply for an LMO for me? and then proceed on applying for an extension? what should i do I am very confused...

sypnicole

Oct 22, 2012
moey03 said:
when i was in japan, i applied for a working holiday visa, but when i came here to Toronto i saw that the sheet they attached to my passport says work permit? are those the same? confused... I know i cannot extend my working holiday visa... but i really would like to stay more... I am now working at Tim Hortons for 2 months.. and my visa will expire next year... what should I do?? thanks for all the help... should i get my employer to apply for an LMO for me? and then proceed on applying for an extension? what should i do I am very confused...
Hi

The Visa from immgration is called work permit but they have all your informations so they know what kind of Visa you are holding and yes we cannot extend working holiday visa except some of the countries.
Before you worry about how you can stay longer in Canada you should ask your employer if they can apply an LMO for you. On the other hand you have lots of time to apply it.

My employer applied LMO for me in September and i just got it in November before my working holiday visa expired in 15 days. My job is a jewellery Sales Associate and i had more than 10years experience in this field plus i've been working for my employer sinced i am in Canada.Its easier to apply with a job which related to your experience.
I am not a expert but i hope it might helped.