+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit extension

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
my work permit is expiring this month, and I applied for PR on Feb 2023. Anyone knows if I should apply for a work permit extension or I should wait since my PR is probably a few months away. Does employers take any in-progress PR document or there is no such thing? your help is appreciated

Newstart2022

Star Member
Jul 29, 2022
my work permit is expiring this month, and I applied for PR on Feb 2023. Anyone knows if I should apply for a work permit extension or I should wait since my PR is probably a few months away. Does employers take any in-progress PR document or there is no such thing? your help is appreciated
There is no guarantee that you would receive your permanent residency before your work permit expires. It’s best to get a renewal. with that automatically you will get an extension for up to six months a within a week or two after you’ve applied .

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi,
Pls apply for extension before it expires. You need to apply. Once you apply they will send you an email says that you can keep working until decision. You can’t know what’s going to happen with pr application. Just extend it.

Reactions: Star55

Star55

Jul 6, 2023
Hi,
Pls apply for extension before it expires. You need to apply. Once you apply they will send you an email says that you can keep working until decision. You can’t know what’s going to happen with pr application. Just extend it.
Hi,
You know after received email for extended of 6 months , how long take to receive original one by mail?

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi,
You know after received email for extended of 6 months , how long take to receive original one by mail?
Submission confirmation: April 22
WP-EXT only except PGWP: April 23
Correspondence letter: May 27
In Canada Approval Letter: May 29

Physical wp received in the mailbox: June 4

Reactions: Star55

TSQUARE

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
who initiates the WP renewal, you or your employer? I am on a closed WP and will be renewing anytime soon.

Brainsys

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
Hello
I have applied for WORK PERMIT extension on 2nd April and after 2 days I received letter saying you can keep working but still I didn’t receive any approval it’s been 4 months now any idea why it’s take that much time

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hello
I have applied for WORK PERMIT extension on 2nd April and after 2 days I received letter saying you can keep working but still I didn’t receive any approval it’s been 4 months now any idea why it’s take that much time
Submission confirmation: April 22
WP-EXT only except PGWP: April 23
Correspondence letter: May 27
In Canada Approval Letter: May 29

Physical wp received in the mailbox: June 4

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hello
Have you try to call them or send them a webform?