+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit expiring

Yousuf15

Aug 21, 2024
Hello everyone,

I have few questions:
I got an ITA and my permit is going to expire in 3 days.
What would be the best solution for me?
1) Applying for Visitor record? If yes, what shall be mentioned under duration of stay. Will it be more than 6 months or less than?
2) Only after submission of documents and getting AOR, can I apply for BOWP?
3) There is one major issue going on here. I applied under non-accompanying spouse application but due to personal reasons, we are on a verge of getting separated. Looks like without her PCC and medical exam, my application won’t move forward.
Is it possible that I write an explanation letter and submit under medical exam as I already have her PCC?
Please shed some light on these questions as I’m in a very complicated situation and worry some as there is only 3 days for me to decide.
Thank you.

Mohamed 123

Aug 21, 2024
Hello everyone,

I have few questions:
1) Applying for Visitor record? If yes, what shall be mentioned under duration of stay. Will it be more than 6 months or less than?
3) There is one major issue going on here. I applied under non-accompanying spouse application but due to personal reasons, we are on a verge of getting separated. Looks like without her PCC and medical exam, my application won’t move forward.
Is it possible that I write an explanation letter and submit under medical exam as I already have her PCC?
Please shed some light on these questions as I’m in a very complicated situation and worry some as there is only 3 days for me to decide.
Thank you.
Well, u can apply for BOWP and you would be in implied status.As your work permit is getting expiring within 3 days, pls try to apply before or else you would be out of status

Yousuf15

Aug 21, 2024
Well, u can apply for BOWP and you would be in implied status.As your work permit is getting expiring within 3 days, pls try to apply before or else you would be out of status
For Applying BOWP, wouldn’t I be needing AOR as a requirement?

xhalae

Jul 20, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have few questions:
Thank you.
Apply for PR immediately and then apply for BOWP with the AOR, for medicals usually a few months after AOR, they would send you medical request so you can write the explanation letter. Also check if this applies to you or your wife. If you apply for Visitor Record and your work permit expires, you won’t be eligible for BOWP https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams.html