+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
People need to gives themselves a shake . Unemployment rates are still extremely high in the country, the Government has a mandate to ensure that no unemployed qualified Canadian can do the job in question BEFORE a foreign worker can do it . Strange but true

Nikhil3382

Feb 29, 2020
I don’t think that should be the case since those who are having positive LMIA means no other Canadian employee can do and foreign worker is needed for that job. Need to wait until border opens and vfs office reopens for the processing to kick start again.

Reactions: RnDtech

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
Thanks for sharing these links, doesn't look promising to me for GSS/GTS. If they don't extend the pause after 30 June we would have hope,

ifaint

Jun 7, 2020
My employer said they are only resume processing applications for essential industries. So we still need next update from IRCC now

VimRawat

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Guys, any one got Work Permit application processed in last 3 months ?
Any update on your application? My application was filed on Feb 2020 still no response. I am waiting since last 4 months

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Any update on your application? My application was filed on Feb 2020 still no response. I am waiting since last 4 months
When did you apply? Also what was the mode of application? Online or offline? Did you apply from India?

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Pls I need advice as per my application, MPNP have sent my Nomination certificate and Work Permit Approval Letter on 22nd Of May . I then email the representative of the Farm hiring me in Manitoba to send my LMIA exemption Number (Offer Of Employment Number) to complete my work Permit application so that I can submit.

She email me that they have suspended mobilizations Of foreign workers cos of Covid-19 that she will update me best time she will continue the process

I am just surprised cos my NOC 8252 falls on essentials (Livestock Supervisor)

VimRawat

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
When did you apply? Also what was the mode of application? Online or offline? Did you apply from India?
My application was filed on Feb 2020 online by a third party who sits in Canada (legal to my company). I am operating from India. Any idea or update on how long will the process take?

ifaint

Jun 7, 2020
below is IRCC's twitter, which I think is good news for "online application":
As of July 1, 2020, we will resume processing all online applications for visitor visas, transit visas and electronic travel authorizations (eTAs). Please be advised that due to current travel restrictions, most people will not be able to travel to Canada at this time. (1/2)
We continue to process study permit and work permit applications submitted online as well as permanent residence applications. Paper applications for visitor visas, study and work permits will not be processed until further notice. Learn more: https://canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/ircc-resumes-processing-1-july-2020.html… (2/2)

VimRawat

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
below is IRCC's twitter, which I think is good news for "online application":
As of July 1, 2020, we will resume processing all online applications for visitor visas, transit visas and electronic travel authorizations (eTAs). Please be advised that due to current travel restrictions, most people will not be able to travel to Canada at this time. (1/2)
We continue to process study permit and work permit applications submitted online as well as permanent residence applications. Paper applications for visitor visas, study and work permits will not be processed until further notice. Learn more: https://canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/ircc-resumes-processing-1-july-2020.html… (2/2)
That is really good news. Hope they start processing the visa even if the travel restriction is on. At least if the decision is out it will give a ray of hope to many candidates who are waiting to travel to Canada in near future

ifaint

Jun 7, 2020
That is really good news. Hope they start processing the visa even if the travel restriction is on. At least if the decision is out it will give a ray of hope to many candidates who are waiting to travel to Canada in near future
yeah, that is you:"online application". And you should be able to travel if you have an job offer for close work permit. Good luck.

AfricanGiant912

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Hi guys,

I have applied for a closed WP under LIMIA Exempt IMP (Francophone Mobility) last year here is my timeline:

Oct 7th 2019: Submitted App Online
Oct 8th 2019: AoR
Jan 22nd 2020: Additional Documents Requested
Jan 27th 2020: AD submitted
Mar 5th 2020: Medical Request
April 22nd: Medical submitted
May 19th: Medical Passed

Since they have announced that they are going to resume processing as of July 1st, does anyone know how long it takes to get Final decision usually once Medical is passed? Are there any other steps before a final decision is made ?

Good luck everyone!

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
Hi guys,

I have applied for a closed WP under LIMIA Exempt IMP (Francophone Mobility) last year here is my timeline:

Oct 7th 2019: Submitted App Online
Oct 8th 2019: AoR
Jan 22nd 2020: Additional Documents Requested
Jan 27th 2020: AD submitted
Mar 5th 2020: Medical Request
April 22nd: Medical submitted
May 19th: Medical Passed

Since they have announced that they are going to resume processing as of July 1st, does anyone know how long it takes to get Final decision usually once Medical is passed? Are there any other steps before a final decision is made ?

Good luck everyone!
At this moment, no one can tell you how long it is gonna take. Not even IRCC. People might tell you something you would like to hear, but reality is, no one knows.