+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh ok .. Congrats Siva.

Looks like they are working saturday too.

I believe you would have given a prepaid priority envelop. In that case you should receive it next day. If you have a tracking nbr keep checking it.

gzheng

Oct 6, 2013
tech.next315 said:
Thanks gzheng for detailed info....
another question.... so we send the passport & the passport request letter ..... ANYTHING ELSE WE HAVE TO SEND?
Hi Tech, that is all I sent, no else as far as I know. Hope all the best.

tech.next315

Sep 6, 2013
gzheng said:
Hi Tech, that is all I sent, no else as far as I know. Hope all the best.
Thanks gzheng.... and laaaast question :) ..... i have my wife's visitor visa also, so I can send both the passports together, right?

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
tech.next315 said:
Thanks gzheng.... and laaaast question :) ..... i have my wife's visitor visa also, so I can send both the passports together, right?
This is the response to my query sent on friday Oct 25th
Dear Sir / Madam,

This is in response to your e-mail below.

Please note that your application is currently in queue for evaluation.

All applications are considered in the order in which they are received. A precise timetable for processing time is not available at this time but our processing time is at least thirty (30) days. Please note that from now on, we deal with applications received on 3 July 2013.

If you need your passport sooner, or wish to withdraw your application, please send an email to this address. Don `t forget to indicate to the following in the subject line:." Request for withdrawal of application "In your email, be sure to include your full name, date of birth, gender, passport number.

Immigration Division

Consulate General of Canada
New York, NY, USA

gzheng

Oct 6, 2013
tech.next315 said:
Hi Tech, a good question, but I have no wife, so no answer for it... :)

Wild guess is as long as you have both letters for CIC. Maybe other experienced people here can give you better idea.

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
WP_Jun13 said:
Rajthilak

is that for online or paper ICT WP?
My application is online,but that was the response i got. So wierd.. the last time i wrote a query i recieved a response stating that my application is in que for assessment and the applications are being processed as of 18th July but this time it is 3rd july. i am really confused.

tech.next315

Sep 6, 2013
gzheng said:
Hi Tech, a good question, but I have no wife, so no answer for it... :)

Wild guess is as long as you have both letters for CIC. Maybe other experienced people here can give you better idea.
Luckily I was able to get hold of my Immigration contact..... it should be separate... posted it already ... figures crossed..

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes Rajthilak. I understand. there is some confusion thats why asked whether it's online or paper. if i am not wrong below are the ones we are sure about

online - tech got his approval for 23-Jul appln
papet - siva got his approval for 24-Jun appln

varun.jasti

Oct 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
varun.jasti said:
Hi all,

I got the work permit approval letter today from New York consulate.
My passport has been posted back to me on October 22. So I should be receiving it tomorrow or Monday.

My Time Line for you guys...

LMO based work permit application
Am inside Canada as a visitor
Applied to New York Consulate through mail (paper based)
Applied date : 13 June 2013
Application processed on 21 October, 2013 (This is the date on my work permit approval letter)
My passport posted back from New York consulate : 22 October, 2013
My lawyer received the work permit approval letter today,through email. (24 October, 2013)

So, expecting my passport back in 1 or 2 days. Will let you guys know, once I receive it.

Hope this info helps the friends here for paper based applications.
Wishing you guys all the very best, for both paper based and online applicants.
Good Luck to everyone.

Thanks,
Varun
Hi everyone,

I received my passport back today from New York Consulate.
They posted it via regular mail on October 22, and I received it in Canada today (October 28).
So, it takes about a week's time, if you are inside Canada, to receive the passport back. (unless u put an express return envelope or so...)

Thanks,
Varun

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got the response for my query

Dear Sir/Madame,

This is in response to your email below.

Please be advised. that your application is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Please be advised that as of today, we are processing files received on June 18, 2013.

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

Immigration Section

Consulate General of Canada

New York, NY, USA

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
Dose any one has latest date for online applications processing at NYC? I think it should be around 27th July. Can someone confirm. May be we the member of this forum should take turns and send one email to NYC office every day asking them about the latest date because some days we have multiple responses showing the same information from NYC and then nothing in between for days.

PCool

Sep 26, 2013
I got my passport back yesterday. Sent vai express mail to the embassy (not VAC) on Thursday, October 17.

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pcool, do you mean that you applied to canada embassy in NY on 17-Oct by mail and you got the approval and passport back today? that's really fast.

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PCool. found from your earlier post that you applied on 10-Jul but send the pp on 17-Oct.