Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

msiva1981

Jun 22, 2013
tech.next315 said:
Written to consulate on monday but no reply yet
Mine is Paper based, outside Canada
Sent a query on Sep 10th - Queue was May 6
Sent a query on Sep 30th - Queue was May 14

the pace is quite worrying..Any other paper based applicants have news?

Capa

Aug 11, 2013
Mine is paper based , sent it on 12 april , still nothing! I am already in Canada , like visitor so i think my case is different!

Petoto

Sep 5, 2013
Dear all members

Please share your status who is in Canada currently and sent work permit application to consulate in NY (paper base), especially wanted to hear your status who sent application after VAC opened in NY (after middle of July). I am about sending my work permit application soon by mail to the consulate in NY directly from Canada. Also I still wonder we are eligible to apply our initial work permit within Canada just holding visitor status in Canada. If I can do that, then my application will be checked outside Canada which means at a consulate in NY.

Thank you VERY much for your information or valuable advice in advance!

varun.jasti

Oct 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msiva1981 said:

the pace is quite worrying..Any other paper based applicants have news
Hi all,
I am new member here.… i am following this blog for a while…i am in canada now as a visitor,and applied for work permit (paper based) at NYC,outside Canada. I submitted application on June 12, 2013.

I wrote a query on october 1 (2days ago) and got this status update just a while ago…
So this is the latest info, for paper based guys…

Dear Sir/Madame,

This is in response to your email below

Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on May 22, 2013

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

Immigration Section

Consulate General of Canada

New York, NY, USA

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
varun.jasti said:
Hi all,
I am new member here.... i am following this blog for a while...i am in canada now as a visitor,and applied for work permit (paper based) at NYC,outside Canada. I submitted application on June 12, 2013.

I wrote a query on october 1 (2days ago) and got this status update just a while ago...
So this is the latest info, for paper based guys...

Dear Sir/Madame,

This is in response to your email below

Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on May 22, 2013

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

Immigration Section

Consulate General of Canada

New York, NY, USA
Any updates for the online application. I have written to the consulate but havent got any response yet.

varun.jasti

Oct 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajthilakICT said:
Any updates for the online application. I have written to the consulate but havent got any response yet.
For online, june 25th was the latest date, posted on september 30th…
No new info yet…

varun.jasti

Oct 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msiva1981 said:

the pace is quite worrying..Any other paper based applicants have news?
Hi siva,

R u sure that may 14 applications were being processed on sep 30th?
Because i wrote a query october 1st(just 1 day after you) and got the reply today that they are processing May 22nd applications(paper based)

In that case, did they process 7-8 days(may 14-may 22) in just 1 working day ?
Just curious to know and analyze the situation…

Thanks,
Varun

msiva1981

Jun 22, 2013
varun.jasti said:
Hi siva,

R u sure that may 14 applications were being processed on sep 30th?
Because i wrote a query october 1st(just 1 day after you) and got the reply today that they are processing May 22nd applications(paper based)

In that case, did they process 7-8 days(may 14-may 22) in just 1 working day ?
Just curious to know and analyze the situation...

Thanks,
Varun

Yes, those were the queue dates that I got from the embassy's reply. We can only speculate for now.

varun.jasti

Oct 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msiva1981 said:
Yes, those were the queue dates that I got from the embassy's reply. We can only speculate for now.
Hi Siva,

Thats good then…if they are doing it so fast.
My information is also official from the embassy…just received the email 4 hrs ago from now.

Thanks,
Varun

Pbc

May 30, 2013
sukatta said:
Finally received my approval email for my paper based application applied on May 14,today.
Anyone knwo how much time it will take to receive passport and documentation.
Did u receive your passport? How many days does it take??

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
Applied online on August 8th from NY. Still waiting. Any update from any one who got their work permit application accepted any time soon.

Also how much dose NY office takes to get the stamping done on your passport for online applicants once your initial application is approved?