+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

hp2261

Jul 17, 2013
gocando said:
I got a response for my general inquiry submitted on Aug 7. They say "Our office is currently finalizing applications received on April 8, 2013."
Was your application paper-based or online?

mann007

Jun 17, 2013
ss28 said:
Today i got the request for passport for myself 6 days after they send the request for passport for my spouse and kids. I had applied for a Closed work permit but no where they are saying if my work permit is approved or not. The letter says "they have taken a decision on my temporary residence and need my passport for finalizing". So when will they notify me of my work permit status ? will that be send along with my passport back or will they send another email stating my work permit status.

Hello sir,

I'm in the same situation I've not got any approved email from new york office.I got my file no starting with w"---------".

tHEY ME TODAY THEY SENT ME ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS IN THE MAIL TODAY .

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
I am new to this thread.. I have applied for Open WP in NY on April 19th I send them couple of emails but still no replies.. I would like to know apprx when will my application be processed as I am on H1 and my visa is expiring early next month.. not sure whom to contact too and cant visit personally as I am in West coast.

Thanks

darxider

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
rp_tp said:
I am new to this thread.. I have applied for Open WP in NY on April 9th I send them couple of emails but still no replies.. I would like to know apprx when will my application be processed as I am on H1 and my visa is expiring early next month.. not sure whom to contact too and cant visit personally as I am in West coast.

Thanks
fill this out with your information and send (add h-t-t-p-s-:-/-/ without the dashes to the beginning):
dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=new%20york

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
darxider said:
fill this out with your information and send (add h-t-t-p-s-:-/-/ without the dashes to the beginning):
dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=new%20york
I tried this but the link seems not working when you hit submit.

mann007

Jun 17, 2013
Please help anyone thanks:_

I applied on 1 april 2013 and 4 days ago i got file no w300558077 and today i got email from new york as follows:

Your original documents were sent on August 12 via regular mail to the address indicated on file.

What does it mean?Did i get approved or not?

please leave your suggestion.

thanks

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
gocando said:
i filled the case specific enquiry form on canadian consulate NY website.
were u able to submit that.. in my case its throwing error on submit..did couple of times now

nshukla

Aug 27, 2012
mann007 said:
Please help anyone thanks:_

I applied on 1 april 2013 and 4 days ago i got file no w300558077 and today i got email from new york as follows:

Your original documents were sent on August 12 via regular mail to the address indicated on file.

What does it mean?Did i get approved or not?

please leave your suggestion.

thanks
Hi Mann,

Did you get any further communication from CIC? Did you get to know if your WP has been approved or not?

Thanks!

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
This is what I received today:

===== =====
Dear Sir/Madame,

This is in response to your email below.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Please be advised that as of today, we are processing files received on April 9, 2013.

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number.

Immigration Section

Consulate General of Canada

New York, NY, USA
===== =====

gocando

Jun 24, 2013
sealy said:
This is what I received today:

===== =====
Dear Sir/Madame,

This is in response to your email below.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Please be advised that as of today, we are processing files received on April 9, 2013.

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number.

Immigration Section

Consulate General of Canada

New York, NY, USA
===== =====
thanks for sharing, moved from apr 8 to 9 in 2 days.. a good sign i hope

mann007

Jun 17, 2013
nshukla said:
Hi Mann,

Did you get any further communication from CIC? Did you get to know if your WP has been approved or not?

Thanks!

Hi there,

I emailed them if my wp has been approved or not but I've not got any reply from them.They already sent my original documents on aug 12 but I've not got anything yet in the mail.I'm so stressed right now.I don't know if its approved or not?According to this forum you always get approval email but I've not got that?what do you think about my application and yh it was paper based?when did you apply?

thanks