+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
Anyone hearing anything from the consulate lately? I sent an email for a status update over a week ago and still haven't got a reply. Are they working at all?

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
Congratulations!

It is puzzling that somehow they jumped from late March to late April within a week. Hope it is a good sign instead of a random thing.

carrasqu said:
This is our experience.
Applied online April 24th for TWP (with job offer) with my wife (open work permit). No medical exams required.
Passport request for both of us on July 30th.
Passports sent through USPS express mail on July 31st.
Passports arrived at NYC consulate on August 1st.
I received my POE online on August 5th.
I received my passport back on August 7th.
My wife received her POE online August 7th.
My wife received her passport back August 8th.

Overall, the whole process took 107 days. It seems they are processing April applications but who knows in what order; perhaps it was because our US visa stamp expired on July 31st.

Good luck with your applications!

Sri1

Mar 13, 2013
Here is my timeline

Applied online on 27th March (New York)
Passport request on 30th July
Passport sent on 31st July (sent to New Delhi)
Passport reached embassy on 1st Aug
Received email that work permit is approved on 5th Aug
Passport received on 6th Aug

I applied online when I was in New York, but had to return to my home country last month. After receiving passport request, I sent my passport to New Delhi embassy and got it stamped in a weeks time.

carrasqu

Jan 14, 2013
Yes I hope it is not a random thing.

Congratulations!

It is puzzling that somehow they jumped from late March to late April within a week. Hope it is a good sign instead of a random thing.

[/quote]

Apr02-13

Jun 3, 2013
gocando said:
Any updates? People who applied in 1st or 2nd week of April, have you heard from the consulate?
As of this morning my wife's open work permit and my daughter's Study permit have been approved. I haven't heard anything about my own TWP-ICT though. This was informed to me by email.

Paper based application along with passports (no medical) - Submitted 02 April 2013 - Employer decided to use a attorney in Toronto to represent my application(s). The applications were then submitted at NYC by the attorney. 130 days and counting. Keeping my fingers crossed for my own application. :)

Apr02-13

Jun 3, 2013
carrasqu said:
Yes I hope it is not a random thing.

Congratulations!

Applicants those who jump the line almost always meet a different criteria. In most cases they are US citizens

Freeworld

Aug 8, 2013
Sri1 said:
Here is my timeline

Applied online on 27th March (New York)
Passport request on 30th July
Passport sent on 31st July (sent to New Delhi)
Passport reached embassy on 1st Aug
Received email that work permit is approved on 5th Aug
Passport received on 6th Aug

I applied online when I was in New York, but had to return to my home country last month. After receiving passport request, I sent my passport to New Delhi embassy and got it stamped in a weeks time.
Hi, can you help me with the info on indian passport application in NYC for canada work permit? would you suggest applying in New Delhi or New York if on a visitors visa ? thank you

darxider

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
i applied for a work permit online on June 29; my job (post-doc) starts on September 20, 2013. i haven't heard anything yet, so i called CIC and was told they can't give me any information (since i've applied outside Canada) except that my application was sent to the NYC visa office. i called the VAC in NYC, but the rep could not find my application (he said it's because i have applied online) and suggested that i send an email to the NYC office (he said the email is ny-info @ csc-cvas.com which is the email for the same VAC office!)...i did and am waiting for a reply now.

is there a phone number i can call and inquire? the VAC phone number is useless to me since i have not applied in person or by mail. CIC does not help since i've applied outside Canada. i guess applying online was a mistake given the situation i described (even though CIC web pages encourage people to actually apply online!).

Pbc

May 30, 2013
Apr02-13 said:
As of this morning my wife's open work permit and my daughter's Study permit have been approved. I haven't heard anything about my own TWP-ICT though. This was informed to me by email.

Paper based application along with passports (no medical) - Submitted 02 April 2013 - Employer decided to use a attorney in Toronto to represent my application(s). The applications were then submitted at NYC by the attorney. 130 days and counting. Keeping my fingers crossed for my own application. :)
Congrats .. Hope u get your visa soon.. Keep us posted

May15th

Jul 26, 2013
darxider said:
i applied for a work permit online on June 29; my job (post-doc) starts on September 20, 2013. i haven't heard anything yet, so i called CIC and was told they can't give me any information (since i've applied outside Canada) except that my application was sent to the NYC visa office. i called the VAC in NYC, but the rep could not find my application (he said it's because i have applied online) and suggested that i send an email to the NYC office (he said the email is ny-info @ csc-cvas.com which is the email for the same VAC office!)...i did and am waiting for a reply now.

is there a phone number i can call and inquire? the VAC phone number is useless to me since i have not applied in person or by mail. CIC does not help since i've applied outside Canada. i guess applying online was a mistake given the situation i described (even though CIC web pages encourage people to actually apply online!).
Please share if you would receive the response from them. I believe I am exactly in same shoes with you. I applied on May 15; my job (post-doc) was supposed to start on July 1, 2013. I haven't heard anything yet. I applied online, too.

darxider

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
^ sure, i will update with more information once i hear back.

EDIT: for case-specific inquiry from New York office, fill out this form and submit:
dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=new%20york

JavaBeetle

Aug 12, 2013
My employer submitted my ICT application in New York Consulate on Apr'26 and still didn't heard back anything from them.

Is there any way that we can ask for our Passport back just for a week time to renew my driving license (H1 got extended in between) and send it back to Consulate without any issue with ongoing application process?