+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
May15th said:
Please share if you would receive the response from them. I believe I am exactly in same shoes with you. I applied on May 15; my job (post-doc) was supposed to start on July 1, 2013. I haven't heard anything yet. I applied online, too.
Looks like they are still dealing with the early Apr application.

BTW, do you need to get an updated offer letter? My appointment is supposed to start September 1, but there does not seem to be any chance of hearing from the consulate by the end of the month. I am wondering if I receive the letter of authorization in September or October, can I still get the work permit at the border? I will have missed the start date on the offer letter. Anyone with such experience please share.

Apr02-13

Jun 3, 2013
Pbc said:
Congrats .. Hope u get your visa soon.. Keep us posted
Thanks. My work permit was approved too!. Actually it was approved on the 9th itself, but the approval email was sent to the attorney's email address. My passport with visa will be coming tomorrow :).

Apr02-13

Jun 3, 2013
JavaBeetle said:
My employer submitted my ICT application in New York Consulate on Apr'26 and still didn't heard back anything from them.

Is there any way that we can ask for our Passport back just for a week time to renew my driving license (H1 got extended in between) and send it back to Consulate without any issue with ongoing application process?
As far as I know you don't need your passport to renew your Driver's License. You just need your I-797C receipt that you received when you applied for your extension. I may be wrong ; I don't know if some states in the US ask for your passport.

hp2261

Jul 17, 2013
@waiting4long - I believe you applied on Apr 5th. Was your application paper-based as well? Please keep us posted on your appln status. You are probably the closest after Apr 2nd on this forum, if I'm not wrong.

waiting4long

Jul 24, 2013
hp2261 said:
@ waiting4long - I believe you applied on Apr 5th. Was your application paper-based as well? Please keep us posted on your appln status. You are probably the closest after Apr 2nd on this forum, if I'm not wrong.
Thats right. I am closest, but still waiting for confirmation email. Hoping I should hear something this week. I will surely update as soon as I hear.

waiting4long

Jul 24, 2013
waiting4long said:
Thats right. I am closest, but still waiting for confirmation email. Hoping I should hear something this week. I will surely update as soon as I hear.
& sorry I missed to mention, yes, my application was paper-based.

gocando

Jun 24, 2013
I got a response for my general inquiry submitted on Aug 7. They say "Our office is currently finalizing applications received on April 8, 2013."

msiva1981

Jun 22, 2013
Does anyone know if the embassy will entertain inquiries from someone who goes there on my behalf? I have a letter from my company stating that they need me to start working urgently but I'm unable to make the trip to NYC, because I live in Houston, TX.

mann007

Jun 17, 2013
Hi guys,

I applied my work permit with lmo and passport on 28 march 2013.It was received by the new york office on 1 april.I sent them email and i got my file no 4 days ago starting with W300558077.. what does it mean?And today I got email

Dear Sir:

Your original documents were sent on August 12 via regular mail to the address indicated on file.

What does it mean?Did I get approved or not?I'm in canada right now.

mann007

Jun 17, 2013
Ratings: +0

Re: Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013
« Reply #759 on: August 13, 2013, 12:36:41 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove
Hi guys,

I applied my work permit with lmo and passport on 28 march 2013.It was received by the new york office on 1 april.I sent them email and i got my file no 4 days ago starting with W300558077.. what does it mean?And today I got email

Dear Sir:

Your original documents were sent on August 12 via regular mail to the address indicated on file.

What does it mean?Did I get approved or not?I'm in canada right now.

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
gocando said:
I got a response for my general inquiry submitted on Aug 7. They say "Our office is currently finalizing applications received on April 8, 2013."
Hi, which address did you send you email to? They are not replying my email now.

mann007

Jun 17, 2013
Apr02-13 said:
Applied by mail April 2nd. There seems to be difference in processing time for applications by mail and online. Here is what I received today.

Dear Sir/Madame,

This is in response to your email below

Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on March 18, 2013

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
New York, NY, USA

Hey I applied on 28 march 2013 and new york received on 1 april 2013.It was work permit with lmo and they asked my passport with my file.I got email 4 days stating that my file no W300558077 and its in processing from new york?

I sent them email again yesterday and I got reply today something like this:

Dear sir,

What does it mean?Did i get approved or not?

darxider

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
darxider said:
^ sure, i will update with more information once i hear back.

EDIT: for case-specific inquiry from New York office, fill out this form and submit:
dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=new%20york
i got a reply to my inquiry, sent to the NY office on August 10, about my application, submitted online on June 29.

it says:
Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on April 8, 2013.
oh the wait!

mann007

Jun 17, 2013
darxider said:
i got a reply to my inquiry, sent to the NY office on August 10, about my application, submitted online on June 29.

it says:
oh the wait!

I applied on 1 april 2013 and 4 days ago i got file no w300558077 and today i got email from new york as follows:

What does it mean?Did i get approved or not?

please leave your suggestion.

thanks