+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

nsawse

Mar 8, 2013
SriSai said:
What is the latest update? Did you receive approval email and passports?
No Not yet, I am still waiting on everything. I will let you know if I see any email from them

nsawse

Mar 8, 2013
samcr77 said:
Thanks let me know when you have an update. I must leave US on 5/2 so I'm planning to go a couple of days early.
Hi,
Today I received a WP approved email from NY consulate, Now I am waiting for my passports.

vanillasky

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
nsawse said:
Hi,
Today I received a WP approved email from NY consulate, Now I am waiting for my passports.

Thanks
Santhosh Keesari
Thats good news when was your application received? Or when did you apply so i can compare mine. Thanks

nsawse

Mar 8, 2013
vanillasky said:
Thats good news when was your application received? Or when did you apply so i can compare mine. Thanks
I applied on 01/28 and today I received a approved email. I don't know how much time it would take for passports.

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
SA33 said:
Hi,
My file number is XW and not just W as mentioned by you guys. Any one else has a XW number?
Hi,

W is for first time TWP applicants, XW I guess is for ICT applicants. Just my 2 cents :)

k8rj2

Apr 16, 2013
Hi guys,

I thought I'll share my wife's & my visa timeline with you guys.

I applied for Work Permit (ICT, LMO exempt) + TRV, whereas my wife's is Open Work Permit + TRV (no LMO).
We sent our documents + passport via USPS on Jan 26th.
It reached the New York consulate on Jan 28th.
After waiting for 45+ days, my lawyers sent an inquiry on March 20th.
Received the standard reply "in queue for assessment, processing time is 30 days" email on April 1st.
My lawyers received the letter of authorization today, April 19th, for both of us.
The date on the letters are April 18th and it says "Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved" :)
Now we are waiting for our passports, which i just checked on USPS' website and the status still says "Info unavailable" (We had sent a self addressed return express mail envelope with our documents).

Someone in the forum mentioned about LA consulate no longer accepting WP applications, probably that's the reason of the delay?

So looks like if you have time on your current visa, then its better to just wait.

Hope you guys hear about your application soon. Good luck!

k8rj2

Apr 16, 2013
Also my letter of authorization has a W# (which it says is the application number) and mine is ICT.

samcr77

Apr 10, 2013
k8rj2 said:
Hi guys,

I thought I'll share my wife's & my visa timeline with you guys.

I applied for Work Permit (ICT, LMO exempt) + TRV, whereas my wife's is Open Work Permit + TRV (no LMO).
We sent our documents + passport via USPS on Jan 26th.
It reached the New York consulate on Jan 28th.
After waiting for 45+ days, my lawyers sent an inquiry on March 20th.
Received the standard reply "in queue for assessment, processing time is 30 days" email on April 1st.
My lawyers received the letter of authorization today, April 19th, for both of us.
The date on the letters are April 18th and it says "Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved" :)
Now we are waiting for our passports, which i just checked on USPS' website and the status still says "Info unavailable" (We had sent a self addressed return express mail envelope with our documents).

Someone in the forum mentioned about LA consulate no longer accepting WP applications, probably that's the reason of the delay?

So looks like if you have time on your current visa, then its better to just wait.

Hope you guys hear about your application soon. Good luck!
Thanks for the detailed update and Congratulations!

samcr77

Apr 10, 2013
anyone who applied between Jan end & Feb mid? I don't see anyone who filed their applications in these dates. Just wanted to get a perspective of how many are waiting that applied between Jan end and Feb mid.

saaik85

Apr 12, 2013
samcr77 said:
anyone who applied between Jan end & Feb mid? I don't see anyone who filed their applications in these dates. Just wanted to get a perspective of how many are waiting that applied between Jan end and Feb mid.
Hi samcr77......I have applied on Feb 20th. I did not hear anything till date.

vanillasky

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
samcr77 said:
my application was received on feb13..

SriSai

Apr 18, 2013
samcr77 said:
Mine is on 4-Feb still waiting, planning to goto consulate in person by 29-Apr
As my maxout is 30-Apr