+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

nsawse

Mar 8, 2013
brar_yadvinder said:
No i didn't get any email. My WP had stamp effective 04/16 so i think it was complete yesterday but i didn't receive any communication.
Thanks for your quick reply on this. Your WP status gave little bit of relief to me, I applied on 01/28 and I hope I would get my WP by next week. Once again Congragulations.

nsawse

Mar 8, 2013
samcr77 said:
I am planning to go to the consulate on 4/29. My application was filed on 2/6
May be going on 05/01 or 05/03 would help you. Any way I filed on 01/28 I will let you know once approved.

samcr77

Apr 10, 2013
nsawse said:
May be going on 05/01 or 05/03 would help you. Any way I filed on 01/28 I will let you know once approved.
Thanks let me know when you have an update. I must leave US on 5/2 so I'm planning to go a couple of days early.

nsawse

Mar 8, 2013
Hi brar_yadvinder,
I have one more question, Recently when I sent a email to NY asking status they replied back with a number that starts with 'W'. Did you get any email with 'W number'. I wanted to check if that would help me to find number of applicants between 01/25 and 01/28.

Thanks
nsawse

mo1975

Apr 15, 2013
Has any one applied online? Any updates on processing timelines for the online applications for ICT(WP) will be appreciated?

Thanks

SriSai

Apr 18, 2013
Hello All,

My company applied Canada WP ICT on 02/04 and I'm still waiting.
My max-out to stay in US is 04/30/2013. Please help me out here the next course of action.
By starting next week I'll be in 12th week. Do you suggest me to go in person to consulate?
I stay in Phoenix AZ. It is very difficult for me to travel to NY.

My Details

Visa Type : Canada Work Permit (US Associate) - ICT
Filed Date: 2/4/2013
Current status : Application filed

samcr77

Apr 10, 2013
SriSai said:
Hello All,

My max-out to stay in US is 04/30/2013. Please help me out here the next course of action.
By starting next week I'll be in 12th week. Do you suggest me to go in person to consulate?

My Details

we both are in same boat, mine was filed 2 days later. i would suggest to visit the consulate friday next week.

Apr 8, 2013
nsawse said:
Hi brar_yadvinder,
I have one more question, Recently when I sent a email to NY asking status they replied back with a number that starts with 'W'. Did you get any email with 'W number'. I wanted to check if that would help me to find number of applicants between 01/25 and 01/28.

Thanks
nsawse
I had received the W number in the fitst email they replied to me. This W# is the work permit # that you will get stamped on passport... This is not an indication ... for you if filed on 1/28, i think you can go on monday and you should be ok.

Apr 8, 2013
SriSai said:
Hello All,

My Details

it would be better to go to consulate... with the timeline you have its difficult as per the current processing times for you to get the passport back before than. Mine was stamped on 4/16 (i filed on 1/25) but i got the email today that mine has been approved even thou its different story that i have collected my passports from embassy. after the email, it takes another 2 days to get the passports.
What i mean to say is that if i had not gone then i would have received the passports on 4/22 and i don't think you can wait so long

mo1975

Apr 15, 2013
samcr77 said:
we both are in same boat, mine was filed 2 days later. i would suggest to visit the consulate friday next week.
Have you guys applied online? and have you used any representative(attorney) for filing?

SriSai

Apr 18, 2013
brar_yadvinder said:
it would be better to go to consulate... with the timeline you have its difficult as per the current processing times for you to get the passport back before than. Mine was stamped on 4/16 (i filed on 1/25) but i got the email today that mine has been approved even thou its different story that i have collected my passports from embassy. after the email, it takes another 2 days to get the passports.
What i mean to say is that if i had not gone then i would have received the passports on 4/22 and i don't think you can wait so long
If we go to Consulate in person, does that mean we need to go for withdrawl with emergency case?
Is it that if my passport gets stamped before I go in person to consulate I'll received the stamped passport, they won't do it on that time when we wait? Please clarify. I plan to stay back and go for tourist visa by my max-out date to be safer.
Also mo1975, I've my company's attorney who filed my case.

SriSai

Apr 18, 2013
nsawse said:
Hi,
Mine is also a Intra Company Transfer, I have applied on 28th Jan still waiting, after sending couple emails to NY Consulate they just sent a mail that they have received the application and it is in queue.

Please let me know when you receive your WP or any email from NY consulate.

Thanks
nsawse
What is the latest update? Did you receive approval email and passports?

SA33

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Hi,
My file number is XW and not just W as mentioned by you guys. Any one else has a XW number?

nsawse

Mar 8, 2013
brar_yadvinder said:
I had received the W number in the fitst email they replied to me. This W# is the work permit # that you will get stamped on passport... This is not an indication ... for you if filed on 1/28, i think you can go on monday and you should be ok.
Thanks for the information. I am thinking to wait another week.