+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

samcr77

Apr 10, 2013
Folks - did anyone get their visa's today? i had cancelled my wife's temporary resident visa y'day and got the passports through fedex today. i am still waiting for my application that was filed on Feb 6, 2013. it is frustrating to see that cancellation happens in just 1 day whereas the visa takes a very long time. i am in the 10th week now.

nsawse

Mar 8, 2013
samcr77 said:
Folks - did anyone get their visa's today? i had cancelled my wife's temporary resident visa y'day and got the passports through fedex today. i am still waiting for my application that was filed on Feb 6, 2013. it is frustrating to see that cancellation happens in just 1 day whereas the visa takes a very long time. i am in the 10th week now.

I am also waiting from long time. This is my 11th week. Hope for the Best.

vanillasky

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
For he fourth time receiving this message

Dear applicant,

This is in response to your email below

Your application is currently in queue for assessment

Regards

Immigration Section

Consulate General of Canada

New York, NY, USA

if anyone could help me for those who have applied online. which forms did you sign?
1. IMM application form
2. Family Information
2. Statutory Declaration
3. Authorized Representative

i really need help in this. kindly put a mark (x) f signed. thanks so much guys

SA33

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
@samrc77 & nwase
Guys,

Did you got a mail from counsulate indicating that the application is in progress?
When was that? Does it takes >30 days even after receving this mail?

SA33

chellesii76

Star Member
Dec 24, 2009
samcr77 said:
[/quote

Do you need medical exam? Thanks!"

ashajay

Apr 12, 2013
Any body else who applied in Jan last week from 28 thru 31 st Jan 2013 and got the passport back , website says 60 days and email response say 30 days but one seem to be relevant.

dchinmay

Feb 14, 2013
Folks, finally have some good news to share. After waiting for 11 weeks, and after 10 days of withdrawing my application, when I didn't hear from them, I decided to fly down to new york consulate (as my US visa is expiring in 5 days). Here is my experience -

Went to consulate (1251 6th Ave, New York) at 8:00 am. There is an entrance at 49th street and the queue is formed there. So just wait there. Go early so that your chance comes first. About 8:30, one person comes from the counsalte and will take everybody down to the consulate. Just before the security check, they asked me why I am there. I said it's been 3 months and haven't heard of my WP application. I am here to withdraw my application and take back the passports. He handed me a urgent request form. I filled the form - wrote that there is a medical emrgency + my visa expires in 5 days and would like to withdraw my application. Got a token and was asked to wait. When my turn came, I explained the visa personnel that it's been 3 months. I have medical emergency + visa expires in 5 days so need to fly back to India soon. I was asked to wait for some. Waited for about 3 hrs with full anxiety. Was called again and was given passports + WP for me and my wife. Thrilled :).

Hope, it works for rest of you too. Good luck guys.

samcr77

Apr 10, 2013
dchinmay said:
Folks, finally have some good news to share. After waiting for 11 weeks, and after 10 days of withdrawing my application, when I didn't hear from them, I decided to fly down to new york consulate (as my US visa is expiring in 5 days). Here is my experience -

Went to consulate (1251 6th Ave, New York) at 8:00 am. There is an entrance at 49th street and the queue is formed there. So just wait there. Go early so that your chance comes first. About 8:30, one person comes from the counsalte and will take everybody down to the consulate. Just before the security check, they asked me why I am there. I said it's been 3 months and haven't heard of my WP application. I am here to withdraw my application and take back the passports. He handed me a urgent request form. I filled the form - wrote that there is a medical emrgency + my visa expires in 5 days and would like to withdraw my application. Got a token and was asked to wait. When my turn came, I explained the visa personnel that it's been 3 months. I have medical emergency + visa expires in 5 days so need to fly back to India soon. I was asked to wait for some. Waited for about 3 hrs with full anxiety. Was called again and was given passports + WP for me and my wife. Thrilled :).

Congrats. when was your application filed and when did you submit the withdrawal

dchinmay

Feb 14, 2013
samcr77 said:
Congrats. when was your application filed and when did you submit the withdrawal
Application submitted on 1/24. No word. Withdrawn on 4/2. No word. Personally collected passport + WP on 4/12.

Apr 8, 2013
dchinmay said:

Do they ask you what kind of medical emergency is that? also is med emergency a big factor in getting the WP at consulate. Reason i am asking is i am planning to go there on tuesday and i had filed on 1/25. If you can just guide me on what to say there for a better chance :)