+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

Mar 20, 2013
dchinmay said:
Congrats Vamsee. Did you receive any email notification of any sort before you got your passport back yesterday? I applied on 24th Jan, no word yet. Current i94 is expiring on 4/17.
Hello Chinmay - I have sent an email after 60 days for the status check and they responded back stating that it is still under review process. I have sent another email after 70 days and they responded back stating that my application is finalized and will be sent shortly. You can pbly follow the same approach. Here is the email id - newyork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca.

Mar 20, 2013
dchinmay said:
Congrats Vamsee. Did you receive any email notification of any sort before you got your passport back yesterday? I applied on 24th Jan, no word yet. Current i94 is expiring on 4/17.
Chinmay - If you are not too far, I would recommend you to stop by and get it in person. I guess you have a valid reason to do that.

vanillasky

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
vamsee.gourishetty said:
Hello Chinmay - I have sent an email after 60 days for the status check and they responded back stating that it is still under review process. I have sent another email after 70 days and they responded back stating that my application is finalized and will be sent shortly. You can pbly follow the same approach. Here is the email id - newyork-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca.
is that a 60days including weekends or purely weekday?

vanillasky

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
vamsee.gourishetty said:
Hello - 60 days incl weekends. The processing time on their website is 2 months, so they will respond after that.
thank you so much..therefore im on my 49thday hopefully it will come soon.

vahid.gh

Feb 21, 2013
vamsee.gourishetty said:
Hello Chinmay - I have sent an email after 60 days for the status check and they responded back stating that it is still under review process. I have sent another email after 70 days and they responded back stating that my application is finalized and will be sent shortly. You can pbly follow the same approach. Here is the email id - newyork-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca.
Hi vamsee,
Congrats.

I submitted my WP application to LA consulate. I want to know which way is better to contact with consulate: email to lngls@international.gc.ca or los-angeles-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca or fill the web form enquiry.

Thank you in advance.

Mar 20, 2013
vahid.gh said:
Hi vamsee,
Congrats.

I submitted my WP application to LA consulate. I want to know which way is better to contact with consulate: email to lngls @ international.gc.ca or los-angeles-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca or fill the web form enquiry.

Thank you in advance.
Hello - I believe it is los-angeles-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca, but no harm in sending it to both the ids. You will recieve a confirmation email immediately.

dchinmay

Feb 14, 2013
vamsee.gourishetty said:
Chinmay - If you are not too far, I would recommend you to stop by and get it in person. I guess you have a valid reason to do that.
Hi Vamsee, this is what I see on their website "4.Passports and original documents will no longer be returned in-person.".
So not sure if I go, they wud entertain me :-(

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
vahid.gh said:
Hi vamsee,
Congrats.

I submitted my WP application to LA consulate. I want to know which way is better to contact with consulate: email to lngls @ international.gc.ca or los-angeles-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca or fill the web form enquiry.

Thank you in advance.
Hi,

When did you send your WP applications? LA consulate is not processing wp applications starting January 29, 2013 only study permit and TRV will be processed in LA office. You can further read about the changes through this site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2013-01-29.asp

If you submitted online applications it would be fine but if you mail your applications it might be returned to you or wait for their further instructions :)

Mar 20, 2013
dchinmay said:
Hi Vamsee, this is what I see on their website "4.Passports and original documents will no longer be returned in-person.".
So not sure if I go, they wud entertain me :-(
Chinmay - Yeah, I have read that. I guess you have a valid case and can explain that in the emergency form. As per some of the recent forums, ppl collected it at the consulate without any issues.

vahid.gh

Feb 21, 2013
@ Buleg

Hi,
My application was received on 7th Jan with LA, without any update from their side till now :(
I already informed about changing their scope of work in LA by reviewing their Web page but I'm not sure if my application, which had already been received, would be transferred to NY office or they process at LA.

vanillasky

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
guys if you could help me, im also waiting for my passport from NYC. my problem is if i get to receive my passport will i be able to go to the border to get my work permit and stamp if my trv is expired without having a us visa? im a visitor here in canada. thanks

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
vanillasky said:
guys if you could help me, im also waiting for my passport from NYC. my problem is if i get to receive my passport will i be able to go to the border to get my work permit and stamp if my trv is expired without having a us visa? im a visitor here in canada. thanks
Hi,

When is the expiration of your TRV? Processing time of TWP in NYC consulate takes 2 months or so. I guess you need to extend your TRV if it'll expire soon. Call the CIC office about your situation. When you receive your approval from NYC you can flagpole. You can search on the "search box" located at the right side of this forum and type "flagpole". You will see how it works even without US visa. I hope you'll receive the result of your applications soon. What are you applying for and when did you submit your applications?

vanillasky

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Buleg said:
Hi,

When is the expiration of your TRV? Processing time of TWP in NYC consulate takes 2 months or so. I guess you need to extend your TRV if it'll expire soon. Call the CIC office about your situation. When you receive your approval from NYC you can flagpole. You can search on the "search box" located at the right side of this forum and type "flagpole". You will see how it works even without US visa. I hope you'll receive the result of your applications soon. What are you applying for and when did you submit your applications?
i submitted our application on feb11 the expiry on the visa sticker is april4 but we arrived in canada oct18 so to make it 6mos it will be on april 17 for the actual 6month expiry. thanks