+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

SA33

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
nsawse said:
Yes, Mine is an intra company transfer too.
For you its already past two months!
I thought they do get the visas out within two months.

Did you submitted your passport(s) along with the application?
Any medical etc...?

nsawse

Mar 8, 2013
Ya, I have submitted passports along with the application. When did you send the email to NY consulate.

Thanks

dchinmay

Feb 14, 2013
SA33 said:
For you its already past two months!
I thought they do get the visas out within two months.

Did you submitted your passport(s) along with the application?
Any medical etc...?
10 weeks for me n still waiting:-( not even a notification.

SA33

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
dchinmay said:
10 weeks for me n still waiting:-( not even a notification.
these guys suck big time. I have never seen any such WP processing.
@dchinmay - Yours should be arriving any moment now. do keep us updated.
@nsawse - I have sent ~3-4 mails last week including one yesterday, but as usual there's no response.

sanwait

Apr 2, 2013
Hi Guys,

Waiting sucks...i have applied for Work permit after LMO approval.

Documents send on Jan 30th received on Feb 1st..This is the response i received today for my email which was sent 6 days back.

This is in response to your email below

Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days.

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

BVL702

Mar 18, 2013
Hi guys! I'm also in the same situation. I submitted my WP application in person last Jan 25. Until now, I received nothing. Not even a word. Is it standard procedure for both mail-in and in-person application to be notified by email once they finalized the application? It's really agonizing and depressing to wait this long.

dr.mcq

Apr 2, 2013
Hello everybody, I'm just so glad that I found this forum. At least I have some hope now.

I applied for a wp Feb-4th (arrived to the NY office) and haven't heard anything from them until now. I sent a couple of emails with no response.

I'm a physician so my application requires a medical exam, which depressingly I have not received the medical exam form yet.

My question is, for those who required a medical exam, how much time did it take to receive the medical exam form? and once submitted how much time did it take to have the approval?

I'm supposed to start June 1st & now I'm really freaking out that Ill miss that date & I have nothing to do about it.
Best of luck for you guys

sanwait

Apr 2, 2013
I dont know much about Medical exam form...

I am the one really running short of time...I94 expires April 18th..I have to withdraw my application before that..Not sure what to do.

Is going to NY Consulate a good option ? I read some where about Urgent Request form...will that help?

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
sanwait said:
I dont know much about Medical exam form...

I am the one really running short of time...I94 expires April 18th..I have to withdraw my application before that..Not sure what to do.

Is going to NY Consulate a good option ? I read some where about Urgent Request form...will that help?

Hi,

I suggest go to CHC-NYC personally and bring copy of the necessary docs with you together with a copy of your passport. State your situation as it falls under urgent situation. You should be there early before 8am. Try to back read NYC applications under Visa Offices in North America and you'll know some of them got their passport back when they went to CHC-NYC. Goodluck :)

vanillasky

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Hi, again if anyone could help me and my partner with some useful information. We applied last feb11 to the nyc consulate until now no response received we are under visitor visa here in canada and our visa is expiring on april4 but we arrived 18th of october that would make 6 months to expire is on 17 of april. The worry is when the visa got expired when the application is received could we still be able to go to the border to get work permit and be back to canada without hassle because we dont have a visa?

Mar 20, 2013
Hi All,

I have submitted my application on Jan 12th through mail and received my visa yesterday - Apr 2nd. The consulate is very prompt in responding to the emails, so that's the best option to check the status.

Thanks,
Vamsee

sanwait

Apr 2, 2013
Hi,

I suggest go to CHC-NYC personally and bring copy of the necessary docs with you together with a copy of your passport. State your situation as it falls under urgent situation. You should be there early before 8am. Try to back read NYC applications under Visa Offices in North America and you'll know some of them got their passport back when they went to CHC-NYC. Goodluck

They might also just handover the passport which i dont want. I do have 16 days time before i can go and take my passport back

nsawse

Mar 8, 2013
vamsee.gourishetty said:
Hi All,

I have submitted my application on Jan 12th through mail and received my visa yesterday - Apr 2nd. The consulate is very prompt in responding to the emails, so that's the best option to check the status.

Thanks,
Vamsee
From the above information looks like Canadian consulate is taking about 12 weeks to process WP. That's a bad news.

Thanks
NSAWS

dchinmay

Feb 14, 2013
vamsee.gourishetty said:
Hi All,

Thanks,
Vamsee
Congrats Vamsee. Did you receive any email notification of any sort before you got your passport back yesterday? I applied on 24th Jan, no word yet. Current i94 is expiring on 4/17.