+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit application outside canada

Khushboo2105

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hello.
I had applied for work permit through the francophone program outside canada. My spouse and kids were accompanying me as dependent.
But my work permit got refused on the following grounds:
The compensation (monetary or other) indicated in your job offer and your assets and
financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any
accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
You do not meet the prescribed language requirements under C16..

Now i am applying again but as single applicant. Nobody will accompany me.
So my question is,how many months do i need to work in canada so that i can apply open work permit for my spouse and study permit for my kids?

Looking forward to hear back.
Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello.
I had applied for work permit through the francophone program outside canada. My spouse and kids were accompanying me as dependent.
The compensation (monetary or other) indicated in your job offer and your assets and
financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any

So my question is,how many months do i need to work in canada so that i can apply open work permit for my spouse and study permit for my kids?

Thank you.
Do you have spousal sponsorship underway (past posts)?

Do you have new French test scores? Refusal also is due to not meeting language requirements.

What is the NOC and salary? Job offer may not have high enough salary for yourself.

What assets did you show?

As for your family coming, it will depend on your NOC, salary and assets.

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Hello.

Thank you.
What is your NOC ? If A, O or B then you are eligible to apply any time

Khushboo2105

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
I was applying for food service supervisor Noc B. Wage rate is at $18.30 per hour. My score for french test is B1 and B2. I showed around $20,000 cad. Maybe the amount is not enough for all of us as we are 5 people.
If my work permit gets approved this time,can i apply for my other dependent right away before i land in canada?
Or i need to come to canada first?

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
I was applying for food service supervisor Noc B. Wage rate is at $18.30 per hour. My score for french test is B1 and B2. I showed around $20,000 cad. Maybe the amount is not enough for all of us as we are 5 people.
If my work permit gets approved this time,can i apply for my other dependent right away before i land in canada?
I applied for my wife and 3 dependent children study permit and our all application were approved. I didn’t submit my language test or bank statement.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What is your score in each band for TEF or TCF? Do you have CLB 7 in each band to meet minimum language requirements for the program? B1 and B2 (I believe) are CLB 4 & 5. If so you are not eligible to apply to the Francophone Mobility program.

What province? Is your salary, the median or average?

Khushboo2105

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Comprehension ecrite- Reading:B2
Comprehension oral- Listening:B2
Expression ecrite- Writing:B2
Expression oral- Speaking: B1

Province of Alberta.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Comprehension ecrite- Reading:B2
Comprehension oral- Listening:B2
Expression ecrite- Writing:B2
Expression oral- Speaking: B1

Province of Alberta.
So to clarify this is a LMIA exempt permit under Francophone mobility program? TEF or TCF test? Usually it is a number range not a letter. But if Beginner 1 or Beginner 2, this is not CLB 7. It is CLB 4 or 5 so you are not eligible for the program.

Last edited: