+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work History - City ?

shahnaz71

Aug 4, 2019
In personal activities section, at
Activity type: Employment
City/Town where the activity took place: Here, it is clear that they are asking for the city where I am doing the job. And not the employer address.

But in Work history,
Job Title:
Employer name:
State
:
City: Here, What will be the state and city?

Question: Do I need to provide the city and state of the employer (or) the city and state where I'm doing the job? Please let me know

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Where you're working - the location. For example, say you're working for IBM, which has its global HQ in the US, but you're working in the New Delhi office - you would say New Delhi, India.

Reactions: shahnaz71

shahnaz71

Aug 4, 2019
Where you're working - the location. For example, say you're working for IBM, which has its global HQ in the US, but you're working in the New Delhi office - you would say New Delhi, India.
Got it, I was confused because my employer office is in New Jersy but I live in Illinois and work for his client under his payroll. So I think like you said I need to go with the location which is on my paystub (where i reside, Illinois).

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Got it, I was confused because my employer office is in New Jersy but I live in Illinois and work for his client under his payroll. So I think like you said I need to go with the location which is on my paystub (where i reside, Illinois).
Yeah, keep it simple and put the location where you actually go every day to work. It won't make sense if you say you live in Illinois but work in NJ (unless you say you work remote or something).

Reactions: shahnaz71

shahnaz71

Aug 4, 2019
Yeah, keep it simple and put the location where you actually go every day to work. It won't make sense if you say you live in Illinois but work in NJ (unless you say you work remote or something).
True and this avoids the mismatch between personal activity and work history location. And In my work experience letter, it does not anywhere say about my client location (but my paystub proves I live in Illinois). Do I need to get a new letter saying where my client location is or not necessary?