+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience

JinuTheresa

Sep 21, 2024
i have two years 4 months of part time experience in India. But i did not add it in my study permit or work permit because it was not a full time job and also because the job didn't relate to my study here. Can I add it in Express Entry. Will it be a misrepresentation? What are the procedures and the documents i need to put it in the profile?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
i have two years 4 months of part time experience in India. But i did not add it in my study permit or work permit because it was not a full time job and also because the job didn't relate to my study here. Can I add it in Express Entry. Will it be a misrepresentation? What are the procedures and the documents i need to put it in the profile?
yes, it is misrep. You HAVE TO add it to your EE profile, upto IRCC to decide whether they are okay with it or not.

JinuTheresa

Sep 21, 2024
yes, it is misrep. You HAVE TO add it to your EE profile, upto IRCC to decide whether they are okay with it or not.
But I don't have salary slip to back it up. It is a local shop and I was working as a graphic. Designer as a part time doing all their logos, ads, sales posters and such when I was a full time student. I was getting paid in cash too. That is the initial reason why I did not add it

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
But I don't have salary slip to back it up. It is a local shop and I was working as a graphic. Designer as a part time doing all their logos, ads, sales posters and such when I was a full time student. I was getting paid in cash too. That is the initial reason why I did not add it
Salary slips are not mandatory. First thing that IRCC needs is reference letter that says you performed certain duties(what you claimed under your NOC code) and then the number hours worked each week + duration of work.

I don't remember it precisely anymore, but that alone is what IRCC asks for. You can back up your employment by tax statements showcasing the income, bank deposits of the income, etc.