+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience

dionisyy

Mar 29, 2013
Hello,
I need some advice regarding work experience please.
I finished school in April 2012 and applied for Post-grad Work Permit right after but I got it just on June 18th. I started to work on May 5th so its going to be one year pretty soon.
Am I eligible to apply in May? I am asking because my contract is over in May and I was thinking to go to visit my family.

Any advice appreciated :)))

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
See the CEC guide. Only the time you worked on the PGWP permit can be counted towards CEC.

"Note: Any periods of self-employment, unauthorized work, or periods of employment during which you were engaged in full-time study (e.g. work experience gained on a co-op, off-campus or on-campus work permit) will not be included when calculating the period of qualifying work experience."

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
scylla said:
See the CEC guide. Only the time you worked on the PGWP permit can be counted towards CEC.

"Note: Any periods of self-employment, unauthorized work, or periods of employment during which you were engaged in full-time study (e.g. work experience gained on a co-op, off-campus or on-campus work permit) will not be included when calculating the period of qualifying work experience."
Few days ago I learned on here that you are allowed to work for up to 3 months after graduation using your OCWP until PGWP arrives. I do recommend he finishes his one year on PGWP to be sure but I do wonder whether that "bridging period" would count as valid experience since he was not a student anymore. Still not worth the risk.

PB02

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
CIC doesn't count implied status under CEC category. So in your case you will have to gain one and half month more until June 17th in order to be eligible

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
PB02 said:
CIC doesn't count implied status under CEC category. So in your case you will have to gain one and half month more until June 17th in order to be eligible
also what i have heard they check your graduation date on your actual diploma for calculating your experience apparently...not sure if it is still the case...seniors please advise...