+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work experience while studing

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karthik506 said:
Can I use my research activities during Ph. D as working experience under noc 4012? I got paid for it. It was around 15 hrs per week between 2009 and 2013.
Yes if it was outside of Canada. Otherwise, no.

Cheers. :)

lellis2

Nov 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A question for you DelPiero07:

I completed my M.Sc. in the USA and had a valid graduate assistantship (NOC 4012) while I was there. I held 2 contracts as a research assistant (during year 1: August 23, 2013 - May 22, 2014; 39 weeks at 20 hours/wk) (during year 2: August 23, 2014 - May 22, 2015); 39 weeks at 20 hours/wk). Taking those dates and hours into account, I do (barely) reach the working hours requirement (1560 hours over 24 months). However, will CIC even consider these hours when there was a summer school break in-between May 22, 2014 and August 23, 2014?

Mahmoud.zaki

Dec 23, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
1. No work experience gained while being a full time student in Canada can be counted. No points for those. Only exception to this is NOC 4012.

2. Paid NOC 0/A/B work experience acquired within the last 10 years while being a full time student OUTSIDE of Canada can be counted towards CRS points for foreign work experience and/or FSW eligibility points. Of course, this has to be supported with a valid reference letter.

3. Such experience will be part time or full time depending on the number of hours worked/week in addition to full time studies. If hours/week were less than 30, they would count as such. If more than 30, it will be treated as a full time experience.

Hello Guys :)

Please i need help answering this question i am sure u gonna help

I was working Part-time while studying Part-time BSc. In my home country so does this work experiance counts under the FSW ?? I've posted in many groups but didnt get a satisfied reply :(

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mahmoud.zaki said:
Hello Guys :)

Please i need help answering this question i am sure u gonna help

I was working Part-time while studying Part-time BSc. In my home country so does this work experiance counts under the FSW ?? I've posted in many groups but didnt get a satisfied reply :(
Yes if it was paid and NOC 0/A/B

Work experience during studies outside of Canada does count.

Mahmoud.zaki

Dec 23, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
Yes if it was paid and NOC 0/A/B

Work experience during studies outside of Canada does count.

Yea my NOC (B)

@DelPiero.

Thank you soooooooo much you cant imagine how much i am happy about this answer which i was waiting for it long time back :D do you have any supporting link from CIC or someone who had already applied and approved ?

Also it is count either it is Full time exp with Part-time Study and vise versa ? Right :D ( Question for my friend in this situation

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mahmoud.zaki said:
Yea my NOC (B)

@DelPiero.

Thank you soooooooo much you cant imagine how much i am happy about this answer which i was waiting for it long time back :D do you have any supporting link from CIC or someone who had already applied and approved ?

Also it is count either it is Full time exp with Part-time Study and vise versa ? Right :D ( Question for my friend in this situation
This is an example for teaching assistants - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=855&top=6

As you can see work experience during studies in Canada does not count towards CEC but work experience outside of Canada during studies does count for FSW.

If you need more evidence look at what one of the most respected seniors said here (Avisad anac): http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/work-experience-while-studing-t399930.15.html

Finally regarding your friend, as long as it was outside of Canada it would count.

Mahmoud.zaki

Dec 23, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
This is an example for teaching assistants

As you can see work experience during studies in Canada does not count towards CEC but work experience outside of Canada during studies does count for FSW.

If you need more evidence look at what one of the most respected seniors said here (Avisad anac):

Finally regarding your friend, as long as it was outside of Canada it would count.
DelPiero07 said:
This is an example for teaching assistants -

If you need more evidence look at what one of the most respected seniors said here (Avisad anac):

My NOC is ( 2282 ) User Technical support but Teaching Assistants are different as they have exception NOC

Also my experience in IT different from My study ( Law ) in the example of TA they suppose that both exp and study are same

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wasn't implying that you're a TA, it was simply an example of how having a position outside of Canada can count towards work experience.

My answer remains the same, you can use that work experience. You are free to use the search feature to find more threads which will prove so.

Mahmoud.zaki

Dec 23, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
I wasn't implying that you're a TA, it was simply an example of how having a position outside of Canada can count towards work experience.

My answer remains the same, you can use that work experience. You are free to use the search feature to find more threads which will prove so.

Noooo i just wanted to clear the information just in case :D :D i do trust your words and they respected seniors

Thank you so much DelPiero Your quick reply is so much Appreciated :-*

M4Z

Jan 9, 2017
jsjsjsj said:
Can't speak for CEC, but I got an ITA and applied with NOC 4012 (FSW Outland). I'm in a full time PhD program outside of Canada and have been working part-time as a TA while being registered as a full time student. My university issued an employment letter stating my average hours and duties. I haven't received PPR yet so I can't be sure, but I hope it's all good!
Could you please share updates regarding your application? I am just in the same position as you were

Ahmed_adel107

Jan 22, 2017
I have just graduated from faculty of pharmacy 6 months before.

I have been working a full time job since my second year in college as a pharmacist NOC 3131 before getting my degree of course which is legal in my country.

can my work experience during studying award me points in FSW program ?

I can provide a reference letter, an experience letter and my employer contact information.
all my payment were in cash so i can't provide payslips nor bank statements of the payments

what do you think?

tonykaram123

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Ahmed_adel107 said:
I have just graduated from faculty of pharmacy 6 months before.

I have been working a full time job since my second year in college as a pharmacist NOC 3131 before getting my degree of course which is legal in my country.

can my work experience during studying award me points in FSW program ?

I can provide a reference letter, an experience letter and my employer contact information.
all my payment were in cash so i can't provide payslips nor bank statements of the payments

what do you think?
Yes as long as it's outside canada.

luckyx27

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
It is a bit confusing some were suggesting not to mention work experience gained during full time studies whilst some are saying we can include and can get the points.
I am on the same boat and want an expert opinion on this. Would be highly appreciated if someone can answer.

I have total 3 years of experience. However, 2 years out of that were during my MBA in the UK on student visa. Though it is clearly mentioned on my reference letter that I worked 30 hours per week on average which means some time 50 hrs/week and sometimes it 20 hrs/week(Part time is also mentioned). Will that be fine or no?