+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience - what can I count and proof?

Ndy_18

Nov 1, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi,

Two questions:

1) I worked for one employer full time for 3 years and 2 months, took one week off and then worked for my second employer for 9 months. Can I only count the first employer as the one week gap made it not continuous? Or can I count both?

2) One of my employers has said they are happy to provide me with a reference on headed/signed paper, but that it is company policy for them to send this directly to the next employer/immigration department as opposed to sending it to me directly. Is there somewhere they can send it to at IRCC? Has anyone else had this issue before?

Thanks for any help!

monkeyspanner

Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
19-12-2017
1) What EE strand are you applying for?
2) You need a confirmation of employment letter from each employer which details your job, duties, start/finish dates and hours of work. You are not looking for a standard employee reference letter which is about performance.

Ndy_18

Nov 1, 2018
NOC Code......
1) FSW
2) Yes I have requested exactly that and stated it was not a reference. They have responded that they can only send this letter directly to the immigration department and not through me. Is there a way for them to send this evidence to IRCC that is not through the portal? (I have not yet submitted an application just trying to get documents in order)

monkeyspanner

Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
19-12-2017
1) Sorry can't answer this. Outside my experience.
2) The only ways I can think this could be done is after you apply either by mail quoting your name, reference number or by a case specific enquiry form which applicants can use to add detail e.g. address change. Alternatively you could call IRCC help centre (if you are in Canada) and ask for their suggestion.

Reactions: Ndy_18

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
1)The continuity requirement is only applied and necessary for the 1st year of work in the specified NOC. That one week vacation doesn't break anything at all. You can definitely count just the 1st job of 3 years, and that gets you max CRS points. The rest, put it in personal history.

2)If there is absolutely no way of getting the reference letter in hand, ask the manager to write this limitation on company letterhead with contact information, and upload that. The letter should mention that they'll wait for IRCC contact information for them to send/upload the reference letter directly. That's my two cents. As far as I know, there is no way for them to send it directly without going through your MyCIC account.