+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will this trigger RQ

OhCanada12345

May 23, 2014
Hi

I applied in Jan 14 and its possible that I maybe without a job within the next two months. My PR was under FSW. I have held good jobs for the last three years (70k per year) and I am fairly confident that I should get another job soon.

My question is that in case at the time of the interview, I am asked about my job status and I am not having any job at that time, is that likely to trigger RQ. My wife, who also applied with me, is currently on parental leave and she is also having a good job. Will this have any impact in terms of RQ on her or my application at the time of the interview?

Please share your advice/thoughts.

Thanks

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will be fine! CIC understands that Canada has limited jobs and people keep shifting jobs or may loose jobs or get laid off.

You are not doing any crime! Be strong and good luck!

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You'll be ok. However in the case you are interviewed by a stupid officer who thinks that all-the-immigrants-without-a-job-are-fraudsters, I recommend you keep all your EI records/active proofs of presence in Canada for the specific period of time you'll be seeking for a job. You'll be safer.

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
admontreal said:
You'll be ok. However in the case you are interviewed by a stupid officer who thinks that all-the-immigrants-without-a-job-are-fraudsters, I recommend you keep all your EI records/active proofs of presence in Canada for the specific period of time you'll be seeking for a job. You'll be safer.
i agree and this would be the correct answer -- just tell them i lost one just now due to low pay and actively looking for another one with higher one ..lol

OhCanada12345

May 23, 2014
Thanks for your replies.

I have another question. If I take up a job in some profession other than the category of my FSW PR, will that trigger an RQ or can they deny me citizenship on these basis?

L-Tosh

May 19, 2014
I don't think the CIC cares if you are working in your FSW profession or not. I believe all they care about is you just working to support your yourself/family and being able to prove it and filling for your taxes. I am a good example; I've never been able to find work in my FSW field and I got my citizenship about one month ago

L-Tosh

May 19, 2014
@Samjohns22: Yes, working is not (officially) a condition, for now. From my experience with the Judge when I went for my interview, my job history (with proofs) was one of the principal issues that was raised and it helped my case. When the new bill is passed and comes into effect, I am certain that having jobs or proven work history in Canada will officially become one the conditions for eligibility for citizenship.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Job market is cycle...
Just be honest in your interview, nothing to worry about...

Wishing you the best securing your next Job & Citizenship!!

OhCanada12345 said:
Hi

I applied in Jan 14 and its possible that I maybe without a job within the next two months. My PR was under FSW. I have held good jobs for the last three years (70k per year) and I am fairly confident that I should get another job soon.

My question is that in case at the time of the interview, I am asked about my job status and I am not having any job at that time, is that likely to trigger RQ. My wife, who also applied with me, is currently on parental leave and she is also having a good job. Will this have any impact in terms of RQ on her or my application at the time of the interview?

Please share your advice/thoughts.

Thanks

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
L-Tosh said:
@ Samjohns22: Yes, working is not (officially) a condition, for now. From my experience with the Judge when I went for my interview, my job history (with proofs) was one of the principal issues that was raised and it helped my case. When the new bill is passed and comes into effect, I am certain that having jobs or proven work history in Canada will officially become one the conditions for eligibility for citizenship.
Why do you think this? Does the bill say so?