+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will my PGWP be effected if I took leave of absence for semester?

ishaan666

Sep 7, 2016
Then no problem. Don’t worry.
Cause mine was also Concordia university.
1- get a status letter that shows you were a full-time student
2- get you completion letter or degree conferred letter if you got your degree
3-get your official transcript
4- any other documents that are listed by ISO or immigration
Apply, I don’t think you face a problem.
If in any case they recused you contact me via this forum, I will help you prepare an explanation letter as I did for my friend who got refused because of one LOA and then we applied for reconsideration and they accepted our letter and finally issued his PGWP.
Mine got refused

ehsan3001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Toronto
Yes I know that stupid bold LOA on top of your transcript is like an eyesore, but you can’t do anything about it.
The fact is your LOA is fine because it was in summer which is a regularly schedule break at Concordia. But, some officers are not very careful or updated so they might refuse your application. I’ve only seen one application that got refused so far and that one got accepted later. So don’t worry and you’ll be fine

ishaan666

Sep 7, 2016
Yes I know that stupid bold LOA on top of your transcript is like an eyesore, but you can’t do anything about it.
The fact is your LOA is fine because it was in summer which is a regularly schedule break at Concordia. But, some officers are not very careful or updated so they might refuse your application. I’ve only seen one application that got refused so far and that one got accepted later. So don’t worry and you’ll be fine
I have sent my letters to ISO. Could you help me in the reconsideration process. It will be really helpful

Anmol sandhu

Aug 17, 2017
Then no problem. Don’t worry.
Cause mine was also Concordia university.
1- get a status letter that shows you were a full-time student
2- get you completion letter or degree conferred letter if you got your degree
3-get your official transcript
4- any other documents that are listed by ISO or immigration
Apply, I don’t think you face a problem.
If in any case they recused you contact me via this forum, I will help you prepare an explanation letter as I did for my friend who got refused because of one LOA and then we applied for reconsideration and they accepted our letter and finally issued his PGWP.
I was a full time student and recently recieved got refusal. I applied for reconsideration can u help me out?

Sjain24

Dec 31, 2020
I am currently studying in Alder University and doing my Masters degree. Am I able to take summer semester off without having any sort of impact on my PGWP?

Sjain24

Dec 31, 2020
Interesting. Never heard of this school before.
This university is in Vancouver, it is a USA university which has a branch here in Canada and it's DLI number is registered with CIC for PGWP program for certain courses. But my question is general. A person who is doing master, which is basically a 2 years program. Can I take summer semester off? Without having any negative impact on my PGWP?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
This university is in Vancouver, it is a USA university which has a branch here in Canada and it's DLI number is registered with CIC for PGWP program for certain courses. But my question is general. A person who is doing master, which is basically a 2 years program. Can I take summer semester off? Without having any negative impact on my PGWP?
Depends. Is it a scheduled break or would you normally be taking classes according to the program outline?