+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will my PGWP be effected if I took leave of absence for semester?

Resettlementincanada

Aug 14, 2021
LOA in summer is justified, as a student has fewer options to choose from, however, your school should approve it. For example, sometimes courses offered in summer are limited or instructors are different so a student might skip the summer semester.
During the fall and winter semester if you need to take LOA you can take it and you should have a good reason for it. That reason should not be, to do full-time work.
Students should also consider, if your degree or diploma is meant to finish in 1 year as per school, you would get a work permit based on that only even if you extend your studies.
LOA shows up in your transcripts, which you might use to get PGWP and the officer can ask about it if they feel their some discrepancies.

ehsan3001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Toronto
Yes one of my friend also took LOA during this summer and he also asked the advisor about the break. She said yes to him also.

Btw I can share you my Convo with her if you want so that you could have better clarity and that would help me feel relaxed. I can share my number or insta Id.
Just do as I told you. If you get rejected then send me a message here, I will help you with the letter of explanation and to apply for reconsideration. In the meantime, try consulting with an immigration lawyer to see what other options you have in case of rejection. Collect as many proofs as possible. Send your advisor another email and ask her if the leave you took is going to make you a trouble. Her answer will be another proof, if she says NO. Prepare a draft letter an save it somewhere to be used in future. You have enough time to both write a letter and collect proofs. I’ll help you, so don’t be scared.

Dkumar56

Aug 24, 2021
Just do as I told you. If you get rejected then send me a message here, I will help you with the letter of explanation and to apply for reconsideration. In the meantime, try consulting with an immigration lawyer to see what other options you have in case of rejection. Collect as many proofs as possible. Send your advisor another email and ask her if the leave you took is going to make you a trouble. Her answer will be another proof, if she says NO. Prepare a draft letter an save it somewhere to be used in future. You have enough time to both write a letter and collect proofs. I’ll help you, so don’t be scared.
Ok thanks alot. Really appreciate it.

Reactions: ehsan3001