+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will it be a problem for my PR application?

RAG

Aug 9, 2011
Dear PMM,

If i leave country after PGWP expires incase if i do not get work permit/study permit/visitor visa to maintain the status here in canada, do i need to notify immigration since my PR is in process..PR status: the status shows in process(i did sent them mail asking for status: it's in queue for further processing). Do i need to notify them ? Does it needs to be transferred to my home country..or will it be continued here.?

Thank You,

can-vishal

Aug 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2011
AOR Received.
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
26-06-2011
Interview........
10-04-2013
RAG said:
Dear PMM,

If i leave country after PGWP expires incase if i do not get work permit/study permit/visitor visa to maintain the status here in canada, do i need to notify immigration since my PR is in process..PR status: the status shows in process(i did sent them mail asking for status: it's in queue for further processing). Do i need to notify them ? Does it needs to be transferred to my home country..or will it be continued here.?

Thank You,
wat is ur timeline and ur visa office

RAG

Aug 9, 2011
Hi, I came here to canada on student visa in 2008, i have completed my studies, now i am on PG work permit.

I sent my application in Nov 2009 to buffalo office(FSW1 NOC 2174).They moved my application to NY office.
It says application processing started on Oct 28 th 2010

The status says :In process

RAG

Aug 9, 2011
Experts, please let me know..i am asking for worst case situation if i do not get visa..

can-vishal

Aug 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2011
AOR Received.
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
26-06-2011
Interview........
10-04-2013
if ur employer is cooperative tell him to proceed further with LMO and extend ur work permit. u can also go for TRP (temporary resident permit).
Or else u can go on student visa for a while, by that time enquire abt ur status to visa office
i think its better u should not leave from here until its done, if u go back it will take a long time for it.

RAG

Aug 9, 2011
Thank you so much for your response vishal. I am working on open work permit currently, it will expire soon..so i asked my employer about work permit applicaiton(LMO)..he is asking for money..i do not find any reason for me paying money to him..he is not co-operative..

Can i apply for TRP (visitor visa) ? am i eligible to apply for that?(since i came here to canada on student visa and currently i am on post grad work permit status). could you please send me the link to apply online..(is there a different process for students already in canada to apply for TRP)..

Experts, please let me know.

can-vishal

Aug 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2011
AOR Received.
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
26-06-2011
Interview........
10-04-2013
RAG said:
Thank you so much for your response vishal. I am working on open work permit currently, it will expire soon..so i asked my employer about work permit applicaiton(LMO)..he is asking for money..i do not find any reason for me paying money to him..he is not co-operative..

Can i apply for TRP (visitor visa) ? am i eligible to apply for that?(since i came here to canada on student visa and currently i am on post grad work permit status). could you please send me the link to apply online..(is there a different process for students already in canada to apply for TRP)..

Experts, please let me know.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-permit.asp
u can get TRP for at least 6 months

vishal

RAG

Aug 9, 2011
Thanks vishal, but i saw on this forum that visitor visa will be more likely to be rejected..but can stay until i hear some feedback..
do u know anyone who got visitor visa from student status?

can-vishal

Aug 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2011
AOR Received.
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
26-06-2011
Interview........
10-04-2013
RAG said:
Thanks vishal, but i saw on this forum that visitor visa will be more likely to be rejected..but can stay until i hear some feedback..

i got it.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RAG said:
Hi RAG,

You can apply for Visitor status, if you do not have an option to continue with your employer,before the expiry of your current status, ASAP. If you miss the deadline then you will have to apply for restoration of status within 90 days of the expiry of the current status, which is a messy situation and costs a lot.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

when you apply for visitor status, request for as much time you want, but bear in mind, VO may only grant 6 month extension. You have to provide reasons as to why you want to extend your stay in Canada. You may write the following reasons:

1. PR application n process and also mention the current status.
2. If you can enroll for a 6m or less study course to empower/upgrade your skills then mention that with valid documents like fees receipt etc. A 6m and below course does not require a Student permit.
3. You want to visit various places in Canada.

You will have to provide the MO regarding your financial status. You should have enough money to sustain yourself for the time period you want your stay to be extended.

You will be in IMPLIED status until you hear back from MO and that is considered a LEGAL STAY. The current timeline for processing these applications is approx 5-6 m. Check the website for recent updates.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

Mitali

RAG

Aug 9, 2011
Vishal, good to know that u got visitor visa..
what if i do not get my PR in 6 months?..what are the chances of extending my stay from visitor visa?at that time i may not be eligible for applying student visa from visitor status right..please let me know..

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RAG said:
Vishal, good to know that u got visitor visa..
what if i do not get my PR in 6 months?..what are the chances of extending my stay from visitor visa?at that time i may not be eligible for applying student visa from visitor status right..please let me know..
Yes, you can switch from visitor to Student permit......the processing of such applications takes place outside Canada and not in Vegreville, Canada. Alternatively, you can again apply for extension of visitor status.

Mitali