+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

will i get admitted to a university

kuri43jestin

Oct 12, 2014
Hey,
My profile -10th-83%
. 12th-72%
. BE(electronics and communication)-63%
What are my chances of getting admitted to a university for m.eng ? I am a fresher.
Are the tution fees too high in universities compared to pg diploma?

kuri43jestin

Oct 12, 2014
I already got admitted to Conestoga for this January intake.
My consultant told me that it is very difficult to get admission in a university with this profile. So I decided to go for pg diploma.
Also he told me that university education is very expensive and very difficult to find a job after m.eng.
Is it true??

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
kuri43jestin said:
My consultant told me that it is very difficult to get admission in a university with this profile. So I decided to go for pg diploma.
Also he told me that university education is very expensive and very difficult to find a job after m.eng.
Is it true??
well it may be tough but not impossible.....consultant gets money from college to send students to the college so they try to convince u to go to a college or else they wont get paid...they dont have ur best interests at hand....u do research ur self and decide . dont believe just one person ...u dont even trust me trust ur self....search on google search on various websites and then make a decision talk to friends ask questions on this forum....masters education is tough yes but rewards r better too....

Zaain

Jun 24, 2014
kuri43jestin said:
So,is it possible to apply for m.eng after my pg diploma in Canada?
Check university site they have complete info there about the minimum requirements so if you meet there requirements go for it. As per my info for all MEng admits 70% atleast required in BE but you check yourself may b you can find some uni

AkashdeepS

May 23, 2014
kuri43jestin said:
Is it true??
Don't believe this councillors. My profile was similar to your profile. Every councillor told me that I can't get admission in good University. But I took risk and didn't though about money and applied universities. And I got acceptance letter from Concordia University for master of applied computer science. Just do your research and apply yourself. You can keep colleges as a backup plan because university will take around 1-2 months for replying back.
In my opinion diploma is not worth to spend such a kind of money. You can find some universities with low tuition fees with very good ranking. All universities in canada are good as they are government funded universities. I think with 63% your can get in some good universities but make your SOP as good as you can. And degree is far better than diploma.
Mead said correct, that councillor are paid by college. So don't get in their trap.
And best of luck.

Harki52

Jan 28, 2015
I have done btech in electronics and engineering with 72% and have also taken GRE (294)and ILETS (6.5). I just want to ask master is better or pg and will I get admission in any good university.

rishu12892

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Category........
FAM
Harki52 said:
I have done btech in electronics and engineering with 72% and have also taken GRE (294)and ILETS (6.5). I just want to ask master is better or pg and will I get admission in any good university.
Masters is always best, yea you can get admission but search hard and then enrolled

yesplease

Dec 30, 2013
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
25-07-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
with application
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
apply in concordia,dalhousie

Tanvikaur

Jan 27, 2015
My agent is saying that masters or pgdm both have equal salary jobs after completion and there is not kuch difference moreover pgdm are more job relevant!!

ssstanly

Oct 4, 2014
Most of Canadian universities need atleast 70% to get admission ! If applicants are low sometimes you will get admission. Depends on your luck!

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Tanvikaur said:
My agent is saying that masters or pgdm both have equal salary jobs after completion and there is not kuch difference moreover pgdm are more job relevant!!
ofcourse he is going to say that he wont get money if u go to a university...haha....do ur research see job title and avg salaries in canada on google to get a general idea.

ssstanly

Oct 4, 2014
Tanvikaur said:
Masters are always more valuable than Pg diploma.. you can get pg diploma in college too!!

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
I think most universities require min. 70 % for admission into their MS programs. If student has lesser than this, he may require to attend a preparatory course and it costs a lot. Try to write emails to different Universities yourself to ask about your eligibility into your intended program of study.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
kuri43jestin said:
Is it true??
My advice for anyone that is enrolling into a STEM degree, do a lot of research and compare the options available. It is important to enroll in a program that guarantees you access to real world situations as part of its curriculum in addition to the required internship. This sets you up to work on real client projects (during your learning process) which gives you the opportunity to network with people that are actively employed in your area of study, which in turn increases your chances of obtaining employment if you prove to be good at what you do and play your cards right. The key is getting the opportunity to build relationships (networking) and using those relationships to the full (getting your foot in).

Also, if you have no summer school, instead of going around touring the country, find internship openings - to get a job, you must find a way of getting your foot in the door way before you graduate.

So it may be difficult, but you may need to make sure your going about it the right way before you wave your white flag. You have to be smart, you must be ready to deviate from the traditional methods i.e. got to school, graduate then job hunt.