+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will I be accepted for Masters with this percentage?

maria93

Dec 2, 2016
Hello,

I am from Pakistan, and have secured 69% (grade B) in BS (Public administration, with major concentrations in Leadership & HRM). Now I want to apply for Masters in Canada. Will I be accepted (and granted scholarship) with this percentage (in universities of British Columbia and saskatchewan)?

crisgov

Dec 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 25, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jun 20, 2016
Nomination.....
May 30, 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2016
Med's Request
Jun 30, 2016
Med's Done....
Jul 07, 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 05, 2017
It will depend on the Academic institution you are intending to apply. Universities suchs as UBC, Uot, UoW, Mcgill, have a requirement of at least 70 GPA, and in order to get an scholarship the requirement is even higher.

That being said, the scholarship depends on grants, which are given to specific professors. You will have to do your homework and start researching about the subject you want to study, the universities which are doing some research in this topic, and finally you have to do a short list of supervisors which whom you will like to interact.

If their research match whatever thing you know/ like to do, then you might have a chance. Send the supervisor an email, and up to 3 reminders afterwards and get an Skype interview, if the interview is successful your chances to get both an letter of acceptance and a scholarship are high, regardless of that 69 GPA.

Reactions: maria93

maria93

Dec 2, 2016
crisgov said:
It will depend on the Academic institution you are intending to apply. Universities suchs as UBC, Uot, UoW, Mcgill, have a requirement of at least 70 GPA, and in order to get an scholarship the requirement is even higher.

That being said, the scholarship depends on grants, which are given to specific professors. You will have to do your homework and start researching about the subject you want to study, the universities which are doing some research in this topic, and finally you have to do a short list of supervisors which whom you will like to interact.

If their research match whatever thing you know/ like to do, then you might have a chance. Send the supervisor an email, and up to 3 reminders afterwards and get an Skype interview, if the interview is successful your chances to get both an letter of acceptance and a scholarship are high, regardless of that 69 GPA.
Thanks a lot. It will be of great help. :)