+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will Canadian immigration ask USA about my past records

Asmau

Oct 11, 2018
my husband will get his pr before the year runs out hopefully, cause he has done everything plus medical and all, we are just waiting for them to request his passport and we’ve been waiting since 3 months now. We going to do our traditional wedding next year though but we have all our wedding certificates, change of name affidavit and declaration of marriage certificate, even my international passport bears his surname, we have different pictures taken together though within 3 months, mails and all. But I’m curious cause I’ve applied for a USA visitors visa before but declined, I claimed I was married, to a particular man I don’t even know his whereabouts anymore. I claimed I was married then reason being that I was trying to exhibit that I have strong ties with my home country. I had papers to show for it then but they didn’t check. Now I’m worried if Canadian immigration will call USA to ask them of the information I gave them in the past, don’t know whether I should get a divorce papers, whether I should fill that I’ve never been married in my Canadian spousal sponship document, please HELP!!!

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
my husband will get his pr before the year runs out hopefully, cause he has done everything plus medical and all, we are just waiting for them to request his passport and we’ve been waiting since 3 months now. We going to do our traditional wedding next year though but we have all our wedding certificates, change of name affidavit and declaration of marriage certificate, even my international passport bears his surname, we have different pictures taken together though within 3 months, mails and all. But I’m curious cause I’ve applied for a USA visitors visa before but declined, I claimed I was married, to a particular man I don’t even know his whereabouts anymore. I claimed I was married then reason being that I was trying to exhibit that I have strong ties with my home country. I had papers to show for it then but they didn’t check. Now I’m worried if Canadian immigration will call USA to ask them of the information I gave them in the past, don’t know whether I should get a divorce papers, whether I should fill that I’ve never been married in my Canadian spousal sponship document, please HELP!!!

Yes canada and usa do share information

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Were you really (legally) married? Or did you lie about being married?

Are you a Canadian citizen or Canadian PR?

Longroadtoimmigration

Sep 19, 2018
App. Filed.......
September 19th 2018
Interview........
I rebuke it ijn
LANDED..........
I shall testify
Yes they do. But I am not sure what information they will be sharing

Asmau

Oct 11, 2018
Were you really (legally) married? Or did you lie about being married?

Are you a Canadian citizen or Canadian PR?
When I applied for USA visitor visa last year, I lied that I was married and got some real legal marriage documents just to convince USA consular that I have a strong tie with my country but was denied visa anyway. So this year, I married a different man legally(he’s waiting for his Canadian pr) we have supporting documents of our legal marriage but we’ve not done the traditional wedding so no wedding pictures yet per say, but we have other pictures to show, I’m not a Canadian citizen or a pr, we are hoping to start processing mine when my husband get his before this year runs out, can I fill in the sponsorship that I’ve never been married or should I fill married before but divorced and show divorce document, apparently getting a divorce papers will be very hard since I don’t even have contact of the previous man I claimed to be married to when I applied for USA visa, will Canadian immigration ask USA the kinda information I gave them when I applied for visitors visa last year. Cause if they do, they will find out about my lies of being married to one man last year who is completely not the man I married now. What should I do please?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
When I applied for USA visitor visa last year, I lied that I was married and got some real legal marriage documents just to convince USA consular that I have a strong tie with my country but was denied visa anyway. So this year, I married a different man legally(he’s waiting for his Canadian pr) we have supporting documents of our legal marriage but we’ve not done the traditional wedding so no wedding pictures yet per say, but we have other pictures to show, I’m not a Canadian citizen or a pr, we are hoping to start processing mine when my husband get his before this year runs out, can I fill in the sponsorship that I’ve never been married or should I fill married before but divorced and show divorce document, apparently getting a divorce papers will be very hard since I don’t even have contact of the previous man I claimed to be married to when I applied for USA visa, will Canadian immigration ask USA the kinda information I gave them when I applied for visitors visa last year. Cause if they do, they will find out about my lies of being married to one man last year who is completely not the man I married now. What should I do please?
This is a messy situation. As mentioned above, the US and Canada share records. It would be a good idea to seek the assistance of an immigration lawyer. You will have to say that you weren't married before (since you weren't legally married). You will also have to declare your US visitor visa refusal in your PR application.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I’m not a Canadian citizen or a pr, we are hoping to start processing mine when my husband get his before this year runs out,
Is your new husband applying for PR himself? If so, did he update his application to include you as a spouse? This doesn't sound like a spousal sponsorship. If you got married before he landed as PR, he needs to update his application to reflect his new status and include you in his. Otherwise, he will NEVER be able to sponsor you.

Reactions: sveta and 1887CAN

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
to me sounds like some serious fraud and misrepertation

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Is your new husband applying for PR himself? If so, did he update his application to include you as a spouse? This doesn't sound like a spousal sponsorship. If you got married before he landed as PR, he needs to update his application to reflect his new status and include you in his. Otherwise, he will NEVER be able to sponsor you.
Weird fraud situation aside, this.

@Asmau, if your husband's PR application is already being processed and you guys are actually married, he MUST add you to his application before he lands. If he lands without declaring you as a spouse, you will forever be excluded from family class and he will never be able to sponsor you.

You cannot wait for him to first get his PR and then start your process if you're already married. He has to declare his status as married and declare you as his spouse on his current PR application.

Reactions: Asmau and carolbb23

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

@Asmau, if your husband's PR application is already being processed and you guys are actually married, he MUST add you to his application before he lands. If he lands without declaring you as a spouse, you will forever be excluded from family class and he will never be able to sponsor you.

You cannot wait for him to first get his PR and then start your process if you're already married. He has to declare his status as married and declare you as his spouse on his current PR application.

i dunno why people from certain countries do this. when cic and ircc finds out your in hot water

Asmau

Oct 11, 2018

Many thanks. But what about my previous lie with US embassy that I was married, should I get a divorce paper cause I’m worried CIC might find out from US embassy about my previous marriage, it’s not a marriage per say, I had to fill that I was married for US visitors visa back then cause I needed to exhibit strong ties with my home country. I was denied the visa though

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
Many thanks. But what about my previous lie with US embassy that I was married, should I get a divorce paper cause I’m worried CIC might find out from US embassy about my previous marriage, it’s not a marriage per say, I had to fill that I was married for US visitors visa back then cause I needed to exhibit strong ties with my home country. I was denied the visa though
Has your legal husband declared you as his spouse in his PR application? Cos if not, that’s going to be a bigger problem for you if he lands and you are not included. You might never set foot in Canada or USA.

Asmau

Oct 11, 2018
Is your new husband applying for PR himself? If so, did he update his application to include you as a spouse? This doesn't sound like a spousal sponsorship. If you got married before he landed as PR, he needs to update his application to reflect his new status and include you in his. Otherwise, he will NEVER be able to sponsor you.[/QUOTE
Well...he hasn’t landed yet, that’s why I’m trying to mail some documents to him so that he can update his pr and include me a spouse. We met through his mom in May. We started talking on social media, voice and video calls mails, etc in July. Then he came to Nigeria in August, we did introduction and got some marriage certificate and all in September. The traditional wedding wedding would be August next year, but we can’t wait until next year when we’ll be able to provide wedding pictures before we begin our sponsorship process, since we have other documents now. What are our chances, what’s your best advice for us? Wouldn’t CIC thinks that the relationship is rather too early for all of these? What other documents can we add to support this
We already have marriage certificate
Court declaration of marriage
Affidavit as to change of name
Newspapers publications
I’m planning to have my international passport changed to his surname by next week
We have pictures taken together when he was around and a lot of screenshots of FaceTime, social media post and mails too.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

So basically they do share information and if it goes through and they talk to us you may have a realtionship interview or they ser it has a moc