+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

will 2 continual courses of 1 year will be consider as 2 year study??

vikas.deep

Aug 15, 2011
Hi
can any one tell me 2 continual courses each of 1 year will be consider 2 years continuous study by embassy to get 3 years work permit or not kindly make it clear with.
regards

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vikas.deep said:
Hi
can any one tell me 2 continual courses each of 1 year will be consider 2 years continuous study by embassy to get 3 years work permit or not kindly make it clear with.
regards
No, you can't stack the courses so you get a 3 PGWP. You will get 1 year.

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
PMM said:
Hi

No, you can't stack the courses so you get a 3 PGWP. You will get 1 year.
You dont even know the rules for crying out loud..I know so many people who did stacked their courses one after another and they got 3 years of pgwp... And more than that you told that a 2 year diploma wont be eligible for 3 years permit cuz the actualy study time is 16 month..My buddy completed his course in 16 months and got a 3 years of work permit..You made me depressed too...Prolly this is one of the field you need to learn more about..Dont answer questions about PGWP, You dont know about it too much..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

icecool222 said:
You dont even know the rules for crying out loud..I know so many people who did stacked their courses one after another and they got 3 years of pgwp... And more than that you told that a 2 year diploma wont be eligible for 3 years permit cuz the actualy study time is 16 month..My buddy completed his course in 16 months and got a 3 years of work permit..You made me depressed too...Prolly this is one of the field you need to learn more about..Dont answer questions about PGWP, You dont know about it too much..
1. Probably know a lot more that you.
2. The OP takes a 1 year course, and then takes another 1 year course not the second year of the first. S/he is going to get a 1 year PGWP.

Exception: Students holding a one-year graduate degree from a provincially accredited post-secondary
educational institution in Canada (pursued full-time) after having obtained, within the prior two years, a
degree or diploma from an accredited post-secondary educational/training institution will qualify for a
three year work permit. This exception also applies to students who have left Canada temporarily
between the graduations.

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
PMM said:
Hi

2. The OP takes a 1 year course, and then takes another 1 year course not the second year of the first. S/he is going to get a 1 year PGWP.

Exception: Students holding a one-year graduate degree from a provincially accredited post-secondary
educational institution in Canada (pursued full-time) after having obtained, within the prior two years, a
degree or diploma from an accredited post-secondary educational/training institution will qualify for a
three year work permit. This exception also applies to students who have left Canada temporarily
between the graduations.

No you dont know about PGWP at all, I have been observing questions related to pgwp and your responses on them and all of them are wrong...Your the one who said that a person with a 16 month study will only be granted a 16 month permit despite the fact that the official length of the program is 2 years..Well my friend completed it in 16 months and he now got 3 years....Just because you have this VIP rating doesnt make you smarter than others, and I know you just given me a poor rating, no need to be jealous..

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
PMM said:
Hi

between the graduations.
Maybe your right about this claus but you were not right about the fact that 16 month of study will only get 16 months of permit despite the official length...you need to learn more about immigration in terms of pgwp, i am sure you didnt got this rating by doing pgwp's ya know..

aswinb

Aug 16, 2011
I had the same question..

Is there any official information regarding this on the Canada Immigration website?