+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wife denied visa

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
are you saying you applied for a trv, was denied, then applied for a pr visa, and once the application was accepted you applied for a trv again and got it? can you give more details?

rolia

Jul 6, 2011
Do any of you know if it's hard to come for a visit from Venezuela? (trying to invite my boyfriend for a visit) What is Canadian policy with regard to that country?

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
rolia said:
Do any of you know if it's hard to come for a visit from Venezuela? (trying to invite my boyfriend for a visit) What is Canadian policy with regard to that country?
I think it's 'hard' to come from any country, but if you have enough information supporting that your boyfriend will go back to Venezuela (property papers, house papers, letter from job, children, family etc etc) then it'll be much easier.
Goodluck!

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
The goal of denying visas to questionable people is laudable, but the practice leaves much to be desired.

Visa Officers (VOs) must try to guess an applicant’s intention from mere documents. Can’t be done conclusively, so the decisions tend to be subjective and inconsistent. A Canadian acquaintance I knew here in China got a TRV for his Chinese wife. Her circumstances were almost identical to my wife’s, yet my wife was denied a TRV for the usual reason: insufficient evidence that she would return to China on time.

I complained to the embassy, and debated the matter with the Director of Policy there. At the end of the discussion, she advised me to include my arguments in a cover letter the next time I applied – not realizing that I had already done so in the original cover letter to the original application!! The point here is that the Director of Policy found to be reasonable an application that a VO had arbitrarily denied.

And these Napoleans have no one to answer to for their decisions. The Director of Policy had no power to influence the VO’s decision.

So, to the member who advised against using strong language when referring to VOs, because ( he said) no one in this forum welcomes such language, I say emphatically that strong language against arbitrary VOs is very much welcomed by many in this forum.

I agree with the sentiment that a Canadian has a right to bring his/her spouse to Canada, and not have to beg a VO for permission, but this must be balanced by protections against fraudulent visas. The question is how can a VO distinguish the frauds from the legitimate people? Preliminary interviews? Lie detector tests? The trouble is, the VOs don’t have time to assess each application properly; they have less than a minute per application, according to report!!

The VO tries to decide whether the TRV applicant has ties to his/her home country. Giving a spouse money doesn’t do that. Mentioning that she has a third ownership in a house, but doesn’t live there (lives with her Canadian partner), doesn’t do so either. She still seems mobile, and that worries VOs.

Many Chinese women who had never left China, and so of course had ties to their country, nevertheless jumped ship once in Canada. So, the ties have to be strong, and the VO has to be in a good mood the day he/she assesses your TRV application.

I dealt with this issue in a post about a month ago. Search under my username, toby. In brief, I recommended re-applying, even if there is nothing new to add to the case, and I explained why.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
job_seeker said:
Congratulations Toby!!!! Looks like your wife was finally granted permanent residency:)
Thanks; we're finally getting out from under the burden of begging favours from CIC! Now all we have to do it apply for the PR card, and renew it every five years. Now we can plan trips with greater certainty.

By the way, everyone, don't make plans based on CIC or embassy estimates of deliverables. We had the interview on April 4th, and were told that it would take 6-8 weeks for the passport to arrive at our door. We got it on 8 July, 12 weeks later. Had we bought plane tickets etc, we would have been out of luck.

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
wolanila said:
are you saying you applied for a trv, was denied, then applied for a pr visa, and once the application was accepted you applied for a trv again and got it? can you give more details?
Hi,

I was such a fool to apply for TRV for the first time for my wife. That was 5 days before marriage. I was dumb and thinking that the New Delhi VO will issue visa for my wife then we can happily fly back to Canada. (I even booked tickets for both)

The courier came the day after we entered into wed lock.

And I was responsible for making my wife cry - The visa was rejected.

I was so smart and thought maybe the visa officer thought we are not in a relationship. So I struggled with the Indian system and got a marriage certificate and applied again.

But time was running out and I had to cancel her tickets and fly back to Canada alone.

My wife cried when in the airport. Pity

The courier came after two days by that time I was in Canada
Visa rejected again.

Now this system is making dumb people like me smarter and smarter

So last month I applied for PR
and this month I applied for TRV for her this week.

Hoping that the VO will grant visa because she has to come back for the interview or such bull spit

The courier is already on the way and it will come tomorrow to India
(I will be asleep at the time)

..so?

Watch for my post tomorrow
this is better than a thriller movie

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sivathegreat said:
Hi,

I was such a fool to apply for TRV for the first time for my wife. That was 5 days before marriage. I was dumb and thinking that the New Delhi VO will issue visa for my wife then we can happily fly back to Canada. (I even booked tickets for both)

The courier came the day after we entered into wed lock.

And I was responsible for making my wife cry - The visa was rejected.

I was so smart and thought maybe the visa officer thought we are not in a relationship. So I struggled with the Indian system and got a marriage certificate and applied again.

But time was running out and I had to cancel her tickets and fly back to Canada alone.

My wife cried when in the airport. Pity

The courier came after two days by that time I was in Canada
Visa rejected again.

Now this system is making dumb people like me smarter and smarter

So last month I applied for PR
and this month I applied for TRV for her this week.

Hoping that the VO will grant visa because she has to come back for the interview or such bull spit

The courier is already on the way and it will come tomorrow to India
(I will be asleep at the time)

..so?

Watch for my post tomorrow
this is better than a thriller movie
I am afraid that 3 times is not going to be lucky in your wife's case. Expect another refusal.

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
PMM said:
Hi

I am afraid that 3 times is not going to be lucky in your wife's case. Expect another refusal.
Refused again