+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife Arrived in Canada 13 of September ( Divorced proccedings)

RichardDugan

Jul 22, 2009
Hi All,

Thanks for reply..Yes i sponsor her to come to canada..to give a better life..and we both agreed before that only PR she needs..and all of the sudden right now.she is trying to claim as a wife..i was really shocked.. i dont love her. i dont know her. we didnt live together... even she is here right now in canada... we dont live together as husband and wife.. she tries ...but i dont want to... it is very sad what happen to me... she is not a live in caregiver,,,,right now she works as a live in caregiver in a big city.

I regret by signing the marriages contract while in the Phil. i thought she is going to fullfill her promised that she not going to registered our marriages...

Right now.... I dont not know what to do ...I want her to go back on Phil. coz she is planning to bring her 2 kids here right away... scary for me...
I dont want to be responsible to her and 2 kids... me too old ... Immagine..she never phone me when she is arrived here in canada until 4 to 5 days ...i was really , really shocked ..until now i cant sleep at night too much stress for me.. i scared about whats gonna happen in the future..she is clever and smart..i hope the govt' will help me about this..

hope i can get reply this what happen to me...she is trying to take advantage for being weakness.. i have a very kind heart ... helping people a lots ....

thanks again..have a nice day ..

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This appears to be way more in depth; it looks like the sponsor was aware that the marriage was not "real" and sponsored her purposely facilitating her misrep PR application.

Based on the OP's previous statement I would imagine there is a good chance of action being successfully taken by the authorities.

The usual standard is balance of probabilities i.e. is it more probable than not, and objective (reasonableness) rather than reasonable belief and subjective. The latter can be used (or a variation of it) in the RPD or IAD - though it is conflicting and some sections of IRPA state the standard to be applied, contra s36(3)(d) and s37(1)(a). Either way, rjessomes point of it not being BRD is correct and as such no serious proof, or rather absolute proof is required. One merely has to show that based on all the evidence (etc.) that something was more probable than not. (51% - 49% type).

Regardless, I digress, and in some way, harsh as it may seem, part of me feels that the OP should be responsible for his collusion in the whole episode. How on earth did this application get through the IO's when what appear to be clearcut cases are subjected to unreasonable delay and interview?

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with you Whoopi. He is just as guilty of misrepresentation as she is. SOOOOOO frustrating that cases like this could even be approved.

Richard, what do you mean she arrived here 'claiming' to be your wife? YOU married her and signed the marriage certificate. Why on earth would you do this? You also filled in and signed the sponsorship application and paid the fees signing on the dotted line that she was your wife and that you agreed to support her for a period of 3 years. I'm sure she didn't hold a gun to your head to do that. Why would it be such a "shock" that she actually arrived in Canada?? You were the one that sponsored her! What did you think she was going to do??

I really think you ought to talk to a qualified lawyer ASAP.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
NOW I AM REALY MADE....

RichardDugan , you MADE A DEAL FROM THE BEGINING WITH HER TO MARRY HER FOR 1 PURPOSE ONLY , WICH IS TO GET THE PR!!!!!!!!!!!! AND NOW YOU ARE ASKING FOR HELP....???????????? ARE YOU FOR REAL
JUST I NEED SOMEONE TO TELL ME HOW ON EARTH CASES LIKE THIS CAN BE APPROVED, THE SPONSOR IS OLDER THAN HIS WIFE BY 30 YEARS, IT IS WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY CLEAR THAT THEY DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGHT PROOF OF THEIR RELATION, AND SHE GET THE PR, WHILE OTHER WHO HAS A REAL MARRIAGE, WITH LOADS OF PROOF, GET DELAYED, REFUSED, INTERVIEW.....THAT REALY SUCKS.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
ariell, excuse my ignorance, what you mean calling BS?

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry rorita! BS = bullsh*t. Pardon my language! I mean I don't believe his story.

I just don't think he's giving us the full story. It just doesn't add up. And he sounds suspiciously like another poster way back named spiderpig, though he seems to have deleted most of his posts.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
:) ah ok, I learned a new english word today...:)) I don't believe him either...I feel bad for other who steel waiting and read his story...Sad

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like someone is just playing games!!!!!!!!!! :-(

Seems like "spiderpig" and RichardDugan are one and the same person.

Here's the original post I was referring to by spiderpig -- though he deleted alot of his posts his story sounds very similar to the current story: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/being-denied-is-not-easy-sponsor-for-spousal-visa-t19548.0.html;msg94040#msg94040

Then on this page, spiderpig comments on Richard's story and actually signs his name as Richard!!! http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsorship-cancellation-t23570.0.html;msg126546#msg126546
Similar story, both "duped" by a woman in the Phillipines, and both named Richard. Coincidence? I think not.

Go away RichardDugan/spiderpig and STOP WASTING OUR TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh dear... scammed. What a horrible person to waste others time. I would like to throw my tic-tac mint at him.

You know the sad part of all this? Someone is going to have a genuinely similar story and no-one will answer because we all have been suckered.

"Fool me once, shame on me you, fool me... you can't get fooled again." - Dubbya Bushism.

Curina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2008
Hello,

One way to find out if its the same person is the language skill. It seems as though English is so not his first language. Was it the same for this other person? Ariell? can you recall?

You know it would really suck if this guy is genuine and needs our help.

curina

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whoopi, you are right about the standard of proof being balance of probabilities. There are two standards of proof in immigration law being "balance of probabilities" and "reasonable grounds to believe", the latter being applied more often in refugee cases.

No sympathy dude. You got exactly what you asked for.

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Curina said:
Hello,

One way to find out if its the same person is the language skill. It seems as though English is so not his first language. Was it the same for this other person? Ariell? can you recall?

curina
Hi Curina - I think it's irrelevent anyway. He has received all the help necessary and been advised to see a qualified lawyer so if he is genuine he has not lost out.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Curina said:
Hello,

Curina,

I appreciate your concern for this guy, but I think it is misplaced. I did post the link to one of his previous posts in my last comment. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/being-denied-is-not-easy-sponsor-for-spousal-visa-t19548.0.html;msg94040#msg94040 Anyway, here's a quote from spiderpigRM's posting on that page:

spiderpigRM said:
Anybody here in this furum that can help me out of this process? That nothing involved my name on it...so, she doesnt know that I pulled out the application... Immigration can help me? HOW.?

If I will bring her here to canada, I will supporting her for 3 years , plus the 2 kids at home,while her husband taking care of thier kids. Sounds like I am crazy here..but this is the fact.... true...thanks guys for support also..I dont have any friends here that can give me more advice about this immigration stuff.
And here's a quote from RichardDugan:

RichardDugan said:
Can i dovorce my wife in Canada..She just arrived her 13th the September 2009 .. we didnt live together..she lives in diffrent city. She works now as a live in caregiver . thats her choice..she marry me for convenience..
So.......their English skills are similar.

And based on this quote:

spiderpigRM said:
Hello,

I would like it very much if you could let me know anything about this.

Richard
Both are named Richard!!

And, if you read through the comments in the first link above and in this thread, you'll see that:
* both men are in their 60's
* both married a woman in the Phillipines with 2 young kids
* both wanted to cancel the sponsorship before she arrived
* both wanted to cancel sponsorhip after she arrived

So the chance of this NOT being the same person is next to impossible. Nice try Richard.