+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why Student visa from my country are processed by a different office than the office mentioned in the IRCC website?

XYZAnonymous

Aug 26, 2024
Hi Friends,

I applied for a student visa online from the D.R. Congo. According to the IRCC website, applications from Congo are typically processed by offices in Kenya or Dakar. However, my application was processed by a different office in Romania.

I’m concerned that this office may not have experience with applications from Congo, especially when assessing supporting documents.

I’ve spoken with other friends from my country who have also noticed this issue—applications being processed by offices different from those mentioned on the government website. Unfortunately, all of these people, including myself, had their visas refused.

Could this be the reason for our refusals? If yes when did our application reached to a different office?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Applications can be moved to different offices if there are too many applications for one office and not enough staff.

So your visa was refused? If so what were reason.

XYZAnonymous

Aug 26, 2024
I have requested the note to know details of rejection. The rejection letter says it because of financial issue, but my financial assest or bank statement were better than some applicant I know whose application was approved.

XYZAnonymous

Aug 26, 2024
Applications can be moved to different offices if there are too many applications for one office and not enough staff.

So your visa was refused? If so what were reason.

I have requested the note to know details of rejection. The rejection letter says it because of financial issue, but my financial assest or bank statement were better than some applicant I know whose application was approved.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What is program and number of years? Did you pay first year tuition? How much did you show in cash (personal bank statements)? So how many people do you know and was it the same program and school?

XYZAnonymous

Aug 26, 2024
What is program and number of years? Did you pay first year tuition? How much did you show in cash (personal bank statements)? So how many people do you know and was it the same program and school?
I applied for a master program since my current level of education is bachelor. I did not pay the tuition yet and it is not mandatory to pay tuition fees before visa application. The reason I did not pay is because the statement of account was not release yet. I could only pay from August onward.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for a master program since my current level of education is bachelor. I did not pay the tuition yet and it is not mandatory to pay tuition fees before visa application. The reason I did not pay is because the statement of account was not release yet. I could only pay from August onward.
The minimum is $21k cash plus tuition so if you only showed minimum amount and program is 2 years, IRCC may wonder how you will pay for second year.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What school are you attending? Not being able to get an account summary until August makes no sense and you should have been able to access funds at any point if the funds were in your account. You should be able to show that you had sufficient savings for 6 months.