+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

why offering immigration to forigen nationals when they alread have skilledworkr

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
Hansdza said:
Interesting

so can I simplify like this

LMIA = 600 points

So..

A Food processor plant NOC B + LMIA age 25 english clb 5 single 2 yrs exp overseas NOC B > 800----> Higher Quality
B Computer programmer from MIT singe non LMIA age 25 2 years exp in google = 416 ----> Lesser quality

So my conclusion is A>B in terms of
1. CRS/Quality
2. Benefit to Canada

Please correct me if I am wrong

I am really sorry my math is terrible, I guess I am not qualified as well to immigrate to Canada :D
As far as Canada's labour market is concerned, yep. You have it :)

The person from MIT may take a job from a Canadian. The food processor should not (if the LMIA process was followed). As such, the food processor is more important to the Canadian economy, and first in line :)

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
kateg said:
I'm on the Autism spectrum, which can make emotional communication difficult. The goal of my posts is not to attack anyone, but to understand why the system is what it is, and how we can all be better for it. I read posts of immigrants who come here and struggle, and yet others come here and thrive - it seems a tragedy for someone to uproot their life, spend their life savings, get here, and not thrive in their new life.

I love Canada, and the people in it. I want to protect it, and to welcome those who make it better. Like many here, I've seen cases of fraud and abuse, and it is saddening.

I don't know if any of my posts were the ones you saw as "anti-immigrant" - it can be difficult at times to express the desire to bring in the good, but leave out those who defraud or abuse the system, or who would bring the worst of their home countries. If so, it was not my intent to hurt anyone.
Sorry if I was being unclear - I was not saddened by your posts at all. In fact, it was good to see some rational discussion. So I was glad about your posts!

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah I agree, they should not hire the highly real qualified person from MIT because that person will likely steal job from Canadian since there are so many software developer in Canada looking for job

I remember one of my friend once told me that he had friend from New York who really wanted to immigrate to Canada because he was sick with the system in the US.

This is his story..

Despite his long experience as computer geek He decided to go to one year program in some random sport program in Douglas College in Vancouver just to get in to Canada and find real job and to Immigrate to Canada after he "graduate". How did he get the study permit for just one year college in a field that is not related to his job. But anyway he got it... good for him
After a few week landed in Vancouver he started looking for part time job as his study permit only allowed him to work 20 hrs per week. He was so damned lucky he found an employer that wanted to hire him full time with the condition that he should get a PR

He convinced the company to apply for LMIA for his position and, again, lucky enough the company was granted the LMIA. I was wondering how did they manage to get LMIA for an IT position? was it true that they couldn't find any Canadian from east coast to west coast who want and capable of doing that job. hmmm.....

With the shiny LMIA letter in his hand, he jumped excitingly and started applying for EE right away. Of course as a native speaker he must have a perfect english (12/12/12/12) in all part of Celpip otherwise it would have been really weird. I would be getting flawless score as well if I were tested my own language. Perhaps I can get the test done in few minutes while drinking my beer and watching comedy video on youtube. ;D. He said he only wanted to immigrate to English speaking country because he was afraid there would a hell lot of problem if he need to learn another language. Perhaps he couldn't speak french or Spanish or Arabic or Urdu ;D

Now he got his PR and he is happy. I was hoping he can share his experience to help other people who is looking for a better life and opportunity in Canada.

Moral of the story. There is so such thing called quality whatever blah blah blah in the EE system... it is just about following rule of the game. Canadian government wants to protect local workforce by enforcing LMIA requirement to those who want to hire TFW. How the mechanism work in LMIA is a pure luck. How can you prove that there is no Canadian to fill the position if it is just a general field such as software engineer. It might make sense to give LMIA for people who want to work in the farm, or as meat cutter in food processing plant or as a qualified welder as Canada is really in need of those kind of worker.

It's really a combination of luck and hard work to find one who wants to apply LMIA for you and the officer processing your LMIA.

To those who really want to immigrate to Canada might want to follow my friend's friend story. Come to Canada to "study" and find employer who want to apply LMIA with you. Hire a lawyer to overcome challenges that might come from officer processing the LMIA.

Now that my friend's friend is a recent Canadian PR. I am happy for him. His dream of getting out of US came true. No complain to Canadian Immigration system from him since he got his PR application approved. Otherwise he would have been joining this forum and sputtering around as his score would have been in the range of 350 - 450..

Yep, that is the story of his life....

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
Interesting "friend", Hansdza. Not too dissimilar from my story, except for a few things:

• The gender
  • The degree being real, related, and multiple years
  • Finding the LMIA being a matter of skill
  • A willingness (and desire) to learn another language
  • Hiring a lawyer

Funny how that works.

You ask how you prove that no Canadians are qualified. The answer is specialized knowledge. The company in question used particular software that I had experience for. Their entire backend was written using that software long before I ever showed up, and they were unable to find Canadians with experience in it. They really did try, and they really couldn't find any Canadians. They tried hiring and training a few people and it didn't work.

For what it's worth, I didn't end up using the LMIA for immigration - my wife had enough points with her education, and the company laid me off later (it hurts financially when you can't hire someone for a year). They were desperate when I interviewed, legitimately, and they needed me to help them. They had 82 candidates apply, and only 3 had any experience with the software in question. They offered jobs to two, but the candidates in question were already hired. The third was me.

I turned down my own ITA.

My wife wanted to do a sports program, but it was full. She wanted it because she likes personal exercise, and was sitting around - academia doesn't like hiring people on an OWP. I, on the other hand, am in a multi-year Business Administration program, which is certainly related to my ongoing job of running a company. Despite having P/R, I'm enrolled in next semesters classes and going to try to transfer to SFU - I told the immigration officer that I was a legitimate student, and I meant it. I'm finishing what I started. My GPA's acceptable (but not perfect), and I'm trying to give back by serving on the Education Council for the college.

Despite what you might think, I didn't game the system. I don't lie, nor do I manipulate it. I follow the rules.

It's true I expected this to take longer. In that sense, I was lucky, in much the same way that people on the 25 NOC list last year were. I was going to get here one way or another. The luck came in the manner, not the outcome.

To those who really want to immigrate to Canada might want to follow my friend's friend story. Come to Canada to "study" and find employer who want to apply LMIA with you. Hire a lawyer to overcome challenges that might come from officer processing the LMIA.
That's silly. If you want to do the LMIA, come to Canada, tell the immigration officer you're looking for someone to hire you on a LMIA. Have a return ticket and obligations back home, and go look for a job. Expect to get a visitor record, and have some interviews lined up beforehand. No need to bother with a study permit if that's your only plan.

Now that my friend's friend is a recent Canadian PR. I am happy for him. His dream of getting out of US came true. No complain to Canadian Immigration system from him since he got his PR application approved. Otherwise he would have been joining this forum and sputtering around as his score would have been in the range of 350 - 450..
If you're sputtering, you're doing it wrong. Be one step closer to your goals every day than the day before.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Holy hana..

Didnt realize the story was so similar.. i am 101% sure it s just a pure coincidence.. whoa.. what a story you wrote there..

Anyway thanks for sharing it.. i am pretty sure other members and readers of this thread can grasp moral value of your story and my friend's friend story..

Happy long weekend everyone...

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
Hansdza said:
He said he only wanted to immigrate to English speaking country because he was afraid there would a hell lot of problem if he need to learn another language. Perhaps he couldn't speak french or Spanish or Arabic or Urdu ;D
I have some degree of proficiency in Spanish and German. My French is getting better, and the citizenship exam will be in French.

I don't like being unable to communicate effectively. That does not mean that learning another language is a problem, it's just unnecessary for long-term goals given that Canada is a short distance away, and ideal in other ways.

Punjab_rocks

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Chandighar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 oct 2010
Passport Req..
26 oct 2010
VISA ISSUED...
27 oct 2010
LANDED..........
soon
Refusing inland's applications and again, giving immigration to out-landers in one to two months.Not fair to the people already in canada.

and I dont want to compliant to cic about fraud work experience i witnessed. I dont want to spoil someones life.

However, I just dont like the way they process inland and outland application. It has to be one way of processing application. How come people from outside canada do not need to show tax form, pay slips other government related documents.
Just feeling sad for my friends who work hard everyday, paid tuition fees ,taxes and still not sure if they getting immigration or not...............................

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Punjab_rocks said:
and I dont want to compliant to cic about fraud work experience i witnessed. I dont want to spoil someones life.
Immigration laws change and get tougher when federal and provincial agencies realize that people are misusing them and getting away with it. One small way of keeping immigration laws sensible is by being a whistle-blower. If enough people do that, the laws wouldn't need to be as tough and strict as they are currently and that would only help you.

Every individual who refuses to complain about wrongdoing is an unwilling participant in the wrongdoing and, in your case, possibly hurting your own chances by 'helping' someone who cheated the system. Think about it.

All the best!

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
kateg said:
.... and the citizenship exam will be in French.
and this says who ?

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
Asivad Anac said:
I imagine they meant that they would be taking it in French. It is indeed available in English or French.
Yes. We will be taking it in French.

We value assimilation, and adopting the culture of where we immigrate. Canada has two official languages - it's important to us that we know both.

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
kateg said:
Yes. We will be taking it in French.

We value assimilation, and adopting the culture of where we immigrate. Canada has two official languages - it's important to us that we know both.
good to know.

On a personal front, I would go with Spanish or Japanese. (Europe is going to be such a mess in the coming 10 years with the refugee crisis and all)

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kateg said:
If you're sputtering, you're doing it wrong. Be one step closer to your goals every day than the day before.
This is solid advice for anyone pursuing any goal. With this attitude, success will eventually come if persisted long enough.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
EmmEmm said:
good to know.

On a personal front, I would go with Spanish or Japanese. (Europe is going to be such a mess in the coming 10 years with the refugee crisis and all)
They are on the list. I can understand Spanish decently, and Japanese is on the list.

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
kateg said:
They are on the list. I can understand Spanish decently, and Japanese is on the list.
awesome, and may I ask how are you learning it, books, dvds, classes ?

please advise :)