+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why federal skilled worker not met, but CEC met?

thedecemberists

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
I've applied under the express entry. I had done this before and when I submitted my profile, it would say I've met the requirements for the federal skilled worker but the rest (provincial nominee program, Canadian experience class, federal skilled trades) would say 'NOT MET'. However, due to a problem with my degree equivalency, eventually my profile was rejected.

Now I've submitted it again. For the federal skilled worker, I score 67 out of 100. I meet the English language test minimums, the minimum education level, experience, my age is right, etc. And my overall points is in the high 400s.

However, now it's saying:
Federal Skilled worker: not met
Provincial nominee program: not met
Canadian experience class: met
federal skilled trades: not met

I don't understand why the change. I need to apply as a federal skilled worker and not the CEC due to the minimum work requirements for the CEC (1 year in Canada, of which I'm short 10 days).

If anyone can understand what's going on and explain it to me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Either not having enough funds or not having one year of continuous skilled work experience.

bskap

May 17, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2016
AOR Received.
04-08-2016
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
Passport Req..
15-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
thedecemberists said:
I've applied under the express entry. I had done this before and when I submitted my profile, it would say I've met the requirements for the federal skilled worker but the rest (provincial nominee program, Canadian experience class, federal skilled trades) would say 'NOT MET'. However, due to a problem with my degree equivalency, eventually my profile was rejected.

Now I've submitted it again. For the federal skilled worker, I score 67 out of 100. I meet the English language test minimums, the minimum education level, experience, my age is right, etc. And my overall points is in the high 400s.

However, now it's saying:
Federal Skilled worker: not met
Provincial nominee program: not met
Canadian experience class: met
federal skilled trades: not met

I don't understand why the change. I need to apply as a federal skilled worker and not the CEC due to the minimum work requirements for the CEC (1 year in Canada, of which I'm short 10 days).

If anyone can understand what's going on and explain it to me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
The system accepts a date in months for the experience. So, you might get 1-year experience on 31 March 2017, but as you entered your start work on Mar 2016. It will assume March 1 2017, that you have 1 year experience. It's a system glitch.

Moreover, it gives preference to CEC over any other.

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
Remove the Canadian work exp and put it in personal history after ITA. This way you will qualify for FSW only. It looks like if you qualify for both they are always putting people as CEC.

thedecemberists

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
Either not having enough funds or not having one year of continuous skilled work experience.
But it wasnt' saying 'not met' back when I submitted my first profile a few months ago.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thedecemberists said:
But it wasnt' saying 'not met' back when I submitted my first profile a few months ago.
The minimum required funds were updated about a month ago.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thedecemberists said:
$12,300, which I meet.
Then unless you provide the information for which you calculated 67/100 points we'd be unable to help you.

thedecemberists

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
Then unless you provide the information for which you calculated 67/100 points we'd be unable to help you.
Language exam: CLB9 in everything (24 points)
Education: 2 post-secondary/diplomas (22 points)
Work Experience: 1 year (9 points)

Met the minimum fund requirement as well.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Is your primary noc code the same as your fsw experience noc?

thedecemberists

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
bskap said:
The system accepts a date in months for the experience. So, you might get 1-year experience on 31 March 2017, but as you entered your start work on Mar 2016. It will assume March 1 2017, that you have 1 year experience. It's a system glitch.

Moreover, it gives preference to CEC over any other.
I realized that after I submitted my first profile yesterday. I started working end of March, and then realized it's giving me extra points for a one-year Canadian work experience. So I changed my start date to April (hadn't realized I can edit my profile so I withdrew and submitted a new one) . Still got the same number of points. So then I changed another date: I left my old job in mid-oct and started a new job right away, so I thought maybe the system's counting October twice. This time, I edited my profile and changed the start of my new job to November (so April to October, then Nov to current). Yet I still get the points for one-year of Canadian work experience. The system's so confusing. They should just allow for precise dates and be done with it. I spent more than an hour trying to figure out what my dates are because of this. You'd think after so long the Canadian government would come up with an intelligent UX and input options, but nope.