+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why federal skilled worker not met, but CEC met?

thedecemberists

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
kryt0n said:
She just logs in to her account and picks what she wants to be her primary noc code. To be eligible for fsw her primary noc code must be the noc code that she has at least 1 year of continuous foreign work. For her in the examples you gave that was noc code yyyy.
Oh, I see what you mean. Choosing her primary noc code.
Yes, YYYY is the one that she has at least one year of continuous foreign work in. But right now she's working in a different noc code (XXXX, in the example), and she chose that also because it's related to her study (YYYY wasn't). But you're saying she could've chosen either XXXX or YYYY?

And can she still change it even though the draw has been done and she has received her invitation (she hasn't accepted yet)?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Well now it doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter what noc she works in now etc but to just be eligible for fsw, her primary noc needs to match her 1 year of fsw noc, yyyy. This is what i was trying to tell you.

She's probably now been invited under CEC so unless she declines the ita there's not much that can be done.

thedecemberists

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
kryt0n said:
Well now it doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter what noc she works in now etc but to just be eligible for fsw, her primary noc needs to match her 1 year of fsw noc, yyyy. This is what i was trying to tell you.

She's probably now been invited under CEC so unless she declines the ita there's not much that can be done.
Well, this is a worry, then. Yes, she's been invited under CEC, but I believe for CEC she needs 1-year (12 months) of canadian work experience, which she was a week shy of when her profile was submitted (3 days ago). This, despite the fact that no matter how she defined her canadian work experience (March 2016-October 2016 and Oct 2016-Current, or April 2016-October and Oct-Current, or April 2016-Oct and Nov-Current), the system would still give her 40-something additional points for one-year of Canadian experience.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Yea, the system does that.

So she can either submit her application after her full Canada work has been achieved (risky) or decline the ita and wait for the next draw where she will be 100% safe.

thedecemberists

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
kryt0n said:
Yea, the system does that.

So she can either submit her application after her full Canada work has been achieved (risky) or decline the ita and wait for the next draw where she will be 100% safe.
Correction: She will have her full year of canadian work experience I think on the 31st of March (a week from now). April 1, 2016 is when she started .

Problem is that her work VISA expires on the 28th of March. So she can't really submit her application *after* her full canada work has been achieved. She can't decline the ITA either because the next draw will be after her visa has expired.

The only thing I think she can do is:
1) Use the ITA to apply for eARP and submit her BOWP application to bridge her work visa.
2) Apply for a tourist visa, which takes 10 days. But in those 10 days she'll have an implied status.

If the second scenario is true, then I guess that's her best option, no?

thedecemberists

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
I just realized the 2nd scenario doesn't work, because if her visa expires on the 28th, and her full year is achieved on the 31st, then she'll be shy 3 days. Her implied status, if she applied for a tourist visa, won't allow her to work during those 3 days. Am I correct?
So confusing, this stuff!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Well she can't apply for a BOWP until she sends off her application. She can't send off her application without getting the full year. Catch 22.

Not 100% but she may need to either apply to extend her stay as a worker ,(which will ultimately be refused but work experience gained while on implied status will count as Canadian experience) or she declined this ita, changes her primary noc to yyyy, apply for a visitor visa and wait to get invited under fsw. However she then can't see the extra points she gets for Canadian work without the full year.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
thedecemberists said:
Correct dates:

March 28: visa expires
March 30: one-year work experience achieved.
IF she sends everything off on 28th she may get a kind officer letter her claim this work but it's risky.

thedecemberists

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
kryt0n said:
IF she sends everything off on 28th she may get a kind officer letter her claim this work but it's risky.
Thanks again. I've asked the same question on another thread that I started relating to a different matter. Maybe someone will know something different. Sigh.

rishu12892

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Category........
FAM
I had the same issue, CEC Inland 431 CRS, I update funds as 10,000 After updating to 12,300 it start showing

FMTO

Jun 8, 2019
Hello. Even though this is an old posting I was hoping someone would see it and maybe help me with a question.

I have submitted my EE profile in Sep 2022 and at first, I would only qualify for FSW - eligibility met was showing on my account, which is correct to my view.

Now, in November I had to update my NOC to 2021 system. I have not changed anything else but now my account shows I am also CEC eligibility met.
I believe this is a mistake, because my 1-year Canadian work experience that is on my profile was all of it while I was full-time student. It should not count towards CEC.
When I updated my NOC for the Canadian work experience, I DID flag "yes" to the question if I was a full-time student when this question popped up. Therefore, I am not sure why it is showing eligibility CEC met. Any thoughts?

I am waiting for my BC PNP nomination (600 points), and I am a bit concerned if this CEC-met will be a problem once I have to submit my PR application through the express entry.

Thanks.