+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who to sign the forms for minor child (KID) who cannot sign

ppragnyas

Nov 9, 2013
Hi
I am filling the application forms for CANADA IMMIGRATION to sponsor my 3 (THREE ) year daughter born in INDIA under FAMILY CLASS sponsorship.
I and my wife both are Permanent Residents.
My Question is "Can I (father) SIGN the forms on behalf of minor daughter where ever the "signature of the applicant" is required?" As my daughter just 3 years old, she cannot sign.

If not "who or how" to sign the forms in place where "signature of the applicant" is asked?

Please help and appreciate your replies from the members.

I am the father of the KID and also the sponsor. I have been living Canada for almost 3 years of continuous stay.

"Signature of the applicant" is required in the following forms.

IMM 1344 - Application to sponsor, sponsorship agreement and understanding.
IMM 0008 Generic Application form for CANADA.
IMM 5406E Additional Family information
IMM 5669E Schedule A Background / Declaration
IMM 5476 Use of Representative

MY kid is now in CANADA on a TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA (VISITOR) permitted for 6 months until 14MARCH 2014.
Immigration officer at the PORT OF ENTRY said I can request to get her stay extended once my application for PR is done or MEDICALS done .

I have chosen the processing office as NEW DELHI as my daugther's stay in Canada is less than 1 year .

Thanks in advance.
Ppragnyas.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Hi,

You can sign all forms where your daugter needs to sign. did u done medicals to ur daughter. you have to fill sponsr ship forms also

Regards
ram

ppragnyas

Nov 9, 2013
Thanks for the quick reply.
I have scheduled for doing my daughters UPFRONT Medicals this 14th Nov 2103 and ant to send them along with the application.
I am also waiting for my OPTION C Notice of assessment (for the year 2012 last year tax returns) form from Canada Revenue Agency, which am expecting any time soon in next three to four business days as it was stated in the application to be submitted along with the application.

One more question, I have already made the payment of application fee onlie CAD 550 ?
Is this correct amount? Some posts stated that fee for Minors child is $175/-

Thanks
Pprgnyas

ppragnyas

Nov 9, 2013
ramkris said:
Hi,

You can sign all forms where your daugter needs to sign. did u done medicals to ur daughter. you have to fill sponsr ship forms also

Regards
ram
YES I am filling the following listed forms:
IMM 1344 - Application to sponsor, sponsorship agreement and understanding.
IMM 5481 Sponsorship EvALUATION
IMM 0008 Generic Application form for CANADA.
IMM 5406E Additional Family information
IMM 5669E Schedule A Background / Declaration
IMM 5476 Use of Representative
Document Checklist [IMM 5443]
Receipt [5401]

This is the complete list forms I have filled.

I am not filling the below two forms as my dependent child is only 3 years old and I think these two forms not required for her as she has no dependents of her own or she has no spouse either. Am I correct?

- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP]
- Spouse/Common-law Partner Questionnaire [IMM 5285]

Thanks

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Hi,

when you had all forms and information why you need a representative. coz i saw in another thread if lawyer forgets to send all papers it would be your mistake.

2. All forms are correct. and also check visa office specific forms and photos and submit along.

3. you paid lot of extra fees which is not required. you need to pay 75 for sponsor ship and 75 for permanent resident fee a total of 150 per child ( I paid for my child 150 it was approved)

ppragnyas

Nov 9, 2013
I had sent my application to CPC-M Mississauga today by EXPRESS POST.
I have requested for refund of incorrect fee paid and made new payment of $150 ($75 sponsor +$75 minor dependent child).

I am filling the forms on behalf of my daughter and Hence I thought I have to complete the USE OF REPRESENTATIVE form.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Its double work they would have deducted from ur amount and sent u back

Other thing what is the role of representartive here since yours is small child u r already responsible