+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Whether a family with children can enter Canada with expired PR Cards through US

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kateg said:
david1697, I've answered your question. Multiple times.

If you are unable to understand that, there's little point in continuing the discussion. It's not a conversation when one person sticks their fingers in their ears and goes "la, la, la, I can't hear you."
kateg, what rationale is there for Canada to so aggressively enforce RO? That's what I ask.
Why Canada wants those PR's to stay in Canada so badly that it will strip their PR status if they aren't in Canada?
This aggressive enforcement would make sense if Canada TRULY needed these FSW's, if the Skills, Experience and Education of these people were badly needed by Canada.
The truth is Canada doesn't need them, the Canadian job market is very hostile to these newcomers and only jobs many of them are able to secure are jobs at Walmart, Burger King, taxi cab companies and such. Forcing these PR's to stay in Canada (out of fear for loss of PR status) only makes things worse for everyone else. It adds more workers/supply to already over-saturated labor pool. At the time when there is lack of jobs and extraordinary over supply of skilled labor, what good it does to Canada to bring hundreds of thousands more new PR's (and forcing those who are in as PR to stay and not leave)?

I did NOT ask you where have you spent time yesterday, nor did I ask "Can someone totally clueless in IT field study for software developer from scratch and eventually get hired in Canada". I didn't ask you "Are all PR's created equal?" , nor did I ask your opinion about sperm race for an egg.
May be that's a pinnacle of opportunity in your opinion, to be a sperm with one out of 300,000 chances to succeed and reach egg, may be that's how desperate you were in past. But,I didn't ask your opinion on it nor do I care to know. And, FYI, most people who have skills, education and experience aren't thAt desperate, and don't want to be in a "One sperm out of 300,000 - for one chance at an egg!" game.
I didn't ask "Do you learn French or some other language?".
You are not even fit to speak on behalf of FSW PR's , because you are a sponsored immigrant (had a job and a sponsor before permanently immigrating), so your personal experience is not even relevant to what I am bringing up here.

Where and when did you answer any of the pointed questions I asked? As I said you completely ignore the points I raise and questions I ask, you constantly shift the focus and change the subject from what I am discussing, and how doing so answers the questions I ask?

Please do not spam the thread if you can't (or unwilling to) address the subject I discuss and answer the questions I ask.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
david1697 said:
kateg, what rationale is there for Canada to so aggressively enforce RO? That's what I ask.
To get rid of P/Rs who don't have ties to Canada. They don't want them, and there are those who are more likely to stay and succeed. They don't like people using Permanent Residency as a backup, nor do they like so-called "Canadians of Convenience":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadians_of_convenience

The difference between the two, of course, is that they can actually get rid of Permanent Residents who do not meet their obligations.

Why Canada wants those PR's to stay in Canada so badly that it will strip their PR status if they aren't in Canada?
Because the Permanent Residency program is for people who will make Canada home. When someone takes a slot and leaves, they are depriving Canada of the someone who would stay. Canada does not want to be a safety net for foreigners living abroad.

This aggressive enforcement would make sense if Canada TRULY needed these FSW's, if the Skills, Experience and Education of these people were badly needed by Canada.
Some are needed. Some are not. The trick is to invite the former, while discouraging the latter. It's not an exact science, and Section 15 of the Charter prevents discrimination on the basis of national origin (even if such discrimination would ultimately increase the quality of applicants). The less adaptation needed by the applicant, the more likely they are to succeed.

The truth is Canada doesn't need them, the Canadian job market is very hostile to these newcomers and only jobs many of them are able to secure are jobs at Walmart, Burger King, taxi cab companies and such.
If that's the case, then something is indeed wrong. Where I disagree with you is that new P/Rs shouldn't be permitted to come. Instead, the ones who are taking survival jobs should have been discouraged (or prevented) from coming in the first place. Personally, I'd like to see smaller number of immigrants, and a greater emphasis on LMIAs. Many of these new graduates are competing in the Canadian Labour market - let them find their job that doesn't compete, then get P/R.

Hopefully, the new Job Bank will make it easier both to connect potential workers with needy employers, but also to screen out fraud. If they require applications to go through the Job Bank in order to get a LMIA, then the government can truly see who is applying and whether or not there are qualified Canadians. This can also help place the existing P/Rs in survival jobs - before Tim Hortons (or any of the other companies that have abused LMOs in the past) can hire a single foreigner, all qualified Permanent Residents would have to be considered first. That's how it legally works now, but there is no easy way for Permanent Residents to connect with employers who are attempting to hire foreigners. Launching and fixing the Job Bank could help put the needs of Canada first.

Forcing these PR's to stay in Canada (out of fear for loss of PR status) only makes things worse for everyone else. It adds more workers/supply to already over-saturated labor pool.
Letting them leave without consequence (as all too many citizens do immediately after getting citizenship) means that Canada is on the hook for healthcare, should they ever return. People leave, go live their lives elsewhere, then come back as a safety net.

Most Canadians don't have the luxury of just hopping on a plane to another country if the job market goes south. Why should Permanent Residents have a better situation than Citizens?

At the time when there is lack of jobs and extraordinary over supply of skilled labor, what good it does to Canada to bring hundreds of thousands more new PR's (and forcing those who are in as PR to stay and not leave)?
I would agree that there are too many people being invited. Unfortunately, the old system was "anyone who meets a minimum gets it, first come, first serve", so there is a backlog of less-qualified candidates. When they tried cancelling large number of applications, they got hit with a lawsuit. If they reduced their targets, they could keep the Express Entry score higher - at 500+ points, applicants who get accepted are going to have an easier time finding jobs, and there will be less competition. With fewer applicants, there would be more pressure for LMIAs, which would help ensure that they aren't saturating the labour market, rather, they are adding to it.

You are not even fit to speak on behalf of FSW PR's , because you are a sponsored immigrant (had a job and a sponsor before permanently immigrating), so your personal experience is not even relevant to what I am bringing up here.
That's ridiculous. I managed to find an employer without having Permanent Residence, resulting in employers being less likely to hire me, not more. It took a year to hire me full-time, yet somehow my experience doesn't count because I had to work harder than someone who could already legally work full-time, permanently?

If it makes you feel better, I didn't even end up needing the LMIA.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kateg said:
To get rid of P/Rs who don't have ties to Canada. They don't want them, and there are those who are more likely to stay and succeed. They don't like people using Permanent Residency as a backup, nor do they like so-called "Canadians of Convenience":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadians_of_convenience

The difference between the two, of course, is that they can actually get rid of Permanent Residents who do not meet their obligations.
But I am not talking about those who "use PR as a backup" or use PR as "convenience". I am talking about those FSW PR's who are forced to stay doing in survival jobs and choose to leave because they can't get a white collared job in a hostile job market with hundreds of thousands of desperate job seekers , in a hostile job market which doesn't afford anything but a survival job. How about them?
Canadian job market is hostile. Jobs are near non-existent if you consider how many desperate people apply for each opening. Canada has a crisis in it's job market. The only way to fix the crisis is to stop further inflow of more PR's and create some jobs for Canadian citizens and PR already in Canada.Canada must REDUCE or completely HALT further high-skill/work experience based immigration to Canada UNLESS it has shortage of those workers.
Forcing as many PR as possible to stay, while bringing hundreds of thousands of MORE PR's to Canada does not solve this problem, it only makes it worse.

With all due respect, I understand why you resort to logical fallacies and straw man arguments: as I noted repeatedly, you are not interested in honest discussion, your goal is to sway the focus of debate, so you can spin it into direction which allows you to do some propaganda of Canadian PR and ignore the bitter facts (such as lack of white collar jobs and extreme over saturation of the labor pool where getting almost any job became a race of a sperm for an egg in Canada).
But no matter how much you try, you can't ignore the facts I state, nor do irrelevant to my questions and points "straw man argument" type of replies answer the questions I ask, Sir.

Because the Permanent Residency program is for people who will make Canada home. When someone takes a slot and leaves, they are depriving Canada of the someone who would stay. Canada does not want to be a safety net for foreigners living abroad.
A lot of those people go back to India, Pakistan, Thailand, Brazil, etc., don't you understand? Most of them would stay if things weren't as bad in job market as they are. I have read a lot of denied cases of people who lost PR due to RO. Many are (from what I have read) going back to their homeland and do jobs there that are providing them A LOT better life style and life quality than Canada offers.
Someone who is working in an office as a professional in India or Brazil will feel depressed and broke if you force them to flip burgers in Canada, and what they get paid in CAD as minimum wage is a lot LESS than what they get back home if you consider cost of living.
How about THESE people? Even of some OTHER "bad" people use Canada as safety net or whatever, why THESE people must pay a price?

You don't catch a clueless guy on the street and don't put him in prison because someone who looks like him (or came from the same place etc) did something wrong, or do you? Let's speak of THESE people I am talking about all along.

Some are needed. Some are not. The trick is to invite the former, while discouraging the latter. It's not an exact science, and Section 15 of the Charter prevents discrimination on the basis of national origin (even if such discrimination would ultimately increase the quality of applicants). The less adaptation needed by the applicant, the more likely they are to succeed.
I don't need a lecture or explanation of the tricky-magic science of what the trick is.
Canadian professional job market is in crisis, period. It has exponentially more workers available and desperate for jobs than it has jobs to hire.
The problem is macro-economic. Canada has TOO MANY PEOPLE looking for jobs. It either must stop immigration or it must create jobs.
If it keeps bringing more immigrants while job market is in shambles, it will only make things worse.

If that's the case, then something is indeed wrong. Where I disagree with you is that new P/Rs shouldn't be permitted to come. Instead, the ones who are taking survival jobs should have been discouraged (or prevented) from coming in the first place. Personally, I'd like to see smaller number of immigrants, and a greater emphasis on LMIAs. Many of these new graduates are competing in the Canadian Labour market - let them find their job that doesn't compete, then get P/R.
I want ALL IMMIGRATION reduced, and especially LIMA. What business Canada has bringing more LIMA immigrants when Canadian Citizens and PR's are jobless or flipping burgers out of desperation? Let Canada utilize it's own Citizens and PR's FIRST, and then go for LIMA , and LIMA only.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
david1697 said:
But I am not talking about those who "use PR as a backup" or use PR as "convenience". I am talking about those FSW PR's who are forced to stay doing in survival jobs and choose to leave because they can't get a white collared job in a hostile job market with hundreds of thousands of desperate job seekers , in a hostile job market which doesn't afford anything but a survival job. How about them?
You're talking in circles here. If they leave because they can't find a job, they no longer have the ties. Canadians without the luxury of moving to another country have to stay and stick it out. If they have given up on Canada, they don't need P/R.

Canadian job market is hostile. Jobs are near non-existent if you consider how many desperate people apply for each opening. Canada has a crisis in it's job market. The only way to fix the crisis is to stop further inflow of more PR's and create some jobs for Canadian citizens and PR already in Canada.Canada must REDUCE or completely HALT further high-skill/work experience based immigration to Canada UNLESS it has shortage of those workers.
As of July (the latest number released), Express Entry has led to 411 people being admitted. 655 applications were approved in total. They have slowed it down significantly, and the rest of the immigrants are backlog under the old rules, where anyone who met the requirements was admitted.

Forcing as many PR as possible to stay, while bringing hundreds of thousands of MORE PR's to Canada does not solve this problem, it only makes it worse.
They are not forced to stay. They choose to stay, because Permanent Residency is an opportunity for those who do. Those who leave lose it.

With all due respect, I understand why you resort to logical fallacies and straw man arguments: as I noted repeatedly, you are not interested in honest discussion, your goal is to sway the focus of debate, so you can spin it into direction which allows you to do some propaganda of Canadian PR and ignore the bitter facts (such as lack of white collar jobs and extreme over saturation of the labor pool where getting almost any job became a race of a sperm for an egg in Canada).
What I fail to understand is why you have such a hard time with honest answers given to you in this thread, and why you choose to see boogeymen everywhere. I'm largely anti-immigration, and happen to support the new system because it reduces the number of immigrants by being more selective and targeting those that will do better.

But no matter how much you try, you can't ignore the facts I state, nor do irrelevant to my questions and points "straw man argument" type of replies answer the questions I ask, Sir.
You use this word "fact". I don't think it means what you think it means. The job market has a lot of opportunity in it, and I almost certainly hang out in a different crowd from you. If you are skilled, educated, and know how to interview well, then you can find a job quickly. No, it's not the 1990s where the job market was more like this:

It is, however, much better than the doom-and-gloomers make it out to be.

A lot of those people go back to India, Pakistan, Thailand, Brazil, etc., don't you understand? Most of them would stay if things weren't as bad in job market as they are. I have read a lot of denied cases of people who lost PR due to RO. Many are (from what I have read) going back to their homeland and do jobs there that are providing them A LOT better life style and life quality than Canada offers.
You make it sound like that's a bad thing. They came to Canada to make a better life. They failed to do so, so they moved back to have a better life. Others move to Canada to make a better life and succeed. They stay.

Someone who is working in an office as a professional in India or Brazil will feel depressed and broke if you force them to flip burgers in Canada, and what they get paid in CAD as minimum wage is a lot LESS than what they get back home if you consider cost of living.
Yes, they should. There's not much point in them staying under those conditions, so it would make sense for them to leave.

How about THESE people? Even of some OTHER "bad" people use Canada as safety net or whatever, why THESE people must pay a price?
As you say, they don't benefit from staying. So, they don't, and they lose P/R. Losing P/R keeps it from being a safety net.

You don't catch a clueless guy on the street and don't put him in prison because someone who looks like him (or came from the same place etc) did something wrong, or do you? Let's speak of THESE people I am talking about all along.
And what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

I don't need a lecture or explanation of the tricky-magic science of what the trick is.
Canadian professional job market is in crisis, period. It has exponentially more workers available and desperate for jobs than it has jobs to hire.
Unemployment in Canada is about 7%. The average period of unemployment (per Statistics Canada) is about 20 weeks. Most people can and do find jobs.

Unfortunately for them, many of the immigrants have attributes that make them more likely to end up in that 7%. Poor communication or language skills, coupled with a lack of a support network, can make it hard to break in. My family is friends with an immigrant from Iran. He's working on his PhD, and has very very good language skills. For him, finding a job is easy. If you come from a background in sales, or marketing, or most customer-facing white collar jobs, poor language skills are going to make things difficult.

We shouldn't be importing more people with poor language skills. We also shouldn't be turning away those that are going to create jobs in the interest of "protecting" those who have already demonstrated a failure to succeed.

The problem is macro-economic. Canada has TOO MANY PEOPLE looking for jobs. It either must stop immigration or it must create jobs.
If it keeps bringing more immigrants while job market is in shambles, it will only make things worse.[/quote

You seem to be under the misunderstanding that immigrants never create jobs. This is incorrect. Where there are genuine labour shortages, or where there are entrepreneurs, immigrants make things better. Where there isn't, well, I suspect we would agree that Canada is better off not inviting them.

I want ALL IMMIGRATION reduced, and especially LIMA. What business Canada has bringing more LIMA immigrants when Canadian Citizens and PR's are jobless or flipping burgers out of desperation? Let Canada utilize it's own Citizens and PR's FIRST, and then go for LIMA , and LIMA only.
Have you tried to get a LMIA? To get one, you have to demonstrate that there were no Canadians available who qualified. The company I went to work for spent the better part of a year to hire me, and hired every single qualified Canadian who came in the door while that process was ongoing. Hiring me was expensive and time consuming, and I ultimately ended up laid off because they couldn't hire enough Canadians to be able to meet customer demand, forcing them to start turning away business. It wasn't that they were paying poorly - they were in the top 10% of wages in the province.

If there is to be a reduction in immigration, the LMIA is the last place to start. Family class (where applicants don't qualify for economic immigration), and those with enough points to qualify without a job offer are much better targets.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kateg said:
Unemployment in Canada is about 7%. The average period of unemployment (per Statistics Canada) is about 20 weeks. Most people can and do find jobs.

Unfortunately for them, many of the immigrants have attributes that make them more likely to end up in that 7%. Poor communication or language skills, coupled with a lack of a support network, can make it hard to break in.

LOOOOL :p ;D :D ;) :)
This has made my day!

Tell those words to my spouse, a manager of the program at an International Organization , working out of downtown Washington, DC office , who not only speaks multiple languages but also prepares reports in English for the United States Congress and other government bodies here in US.

Ha-ha-Ha!!!

So, that's why she struggled so much to find a job in canada, along with me :D Apparently she has poor communication and language skills.

Tells who? kateg, who doesn't even read my posts written in plain English before responding or he would know very well how much we tried to find a job in Canada and how my spouse didn't get as much as an interview scheduled, despite her qualifications (I was luckier! After sending hundreds of resumes I had ONE interview scheduled!). :D

Ok, we are clear now. You can continue your propaganda now , Sir. ;D

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
david1697 said:
So, that's why she struggled so much to find a job in canada, along with me :D Apparently she has poor communication and language skills.
You said it, not me.

Tells who? kateg, who doesn't even read my posts written in plain English before responding or he would know very well how much we tried to find a job in Canada and how my spouse didn't get as much as an interview scheduled, despite her qualifications (I was luckier! After sending hundreds of resumes I had ONE interview scheduled!).
There are three parts to finding a job. The first is to build a credible picture (job experience and education). The second is to convey that credible picture in a resume (when you are one of multiple applicants, you need to stand out in a good way). The third is to interview well. If your callback rate is that abysmal, you are likely messing up part #2, and possibly part #1.

In the past, my wife has sent out poor resumes (including while living in the US). Her first round of applications in Canada were not that good, and she didn't get callbacks. After she worked at it and incorporated the changes I suggested, she sent out another round of applications, and got the interviews. It was her immigration status (Open Work Permit, not P/R) that caused employers to have issues with her. We made the decision to wait until after she received P/R to apply again. The last round of applications took a week to find employment, once the Permanent Residency issue was resolved. It's in her field (biology/academia), and not a survival job.

Ok, we are clear now. You can continue your propaganda now , Sir. ;D
It's not propaganda - you asked for a rationale, and I gave you one. I'm also not a sir. My name's Kate - it's right there in the username. I'm blunt and an asshole sometimes, but I'm not a sir.

Sydkadra

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Hi All
The job prospects in Canada is dismal for the FSW PRs who have been struggling to find jobs in their field of expertise and if they don't find job they are forced to leave as they can't afford to stay and pay all the expenses for them and their dependent family members. As it is that the PRs who stay in Canada no matter how to eke out the living will succeed is wrong as they stay as PR until they get their citizenships and once they get it they fly-out to the countries who offer them commensurate jobs either in Middle East, Europe or in their own home countries. That's the reason, I believe that the undertaking of staying back in Canada to be given by those PRs who become citizens and this kind of undertaking is not sought anywhere in the world, if you are citizen you can stay away from your country of citizenship as much time as you wish. The only binding force in a country who tries to keep the residents/citizens in that country is to offer better living standards compared with other countries so that they themselves are discouraged to leave to other country of their citizenship. I believe that the immediate requirement is to reduce the immigration and offer jobs to existing thousands of unemployed citizens and PRs who are disparately seeking job in the economic down turn being faced recently.
hope that the new government which is to take office is to take note of the plight of all the PRs who are un-employed and present in Canada of outside Canada and create job opportunities for them so that not only they get job but contribute to Canada's economy and those who stay outside will return and then work in Canada and eventual become citizens.
So the need of the hour is to analyze the job situations and available work force as citizens and PRs in Canada and customize the immigration requirement accordingly. Canada needs immigrants to develop and maintain its economic growth and hence there shall be more opportunities available to the would be immigrants to attract and retain. If there are tough rules for RO for the PRs who are out of the country not by their volition but due to not finding proper job to sustain their families this kind of situation will discourage the would be immigrant in future as the would be immigrants will be fearful of being in the same situation as of those PRs who remain unemployed and forced to leave the country. So it needs pragmatic approach to tackle the situation as no one spends time in years and money to become PR and then find him/herself in a situation in the breach of RO on no fault on their own.

Thanks

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
Sydkadra said:
As it is that the PRs who stay in Canada no matter how to eke out the living will succeed is wrong as they stay as PR until they get their citizenships and once they get it they fly-out to the countries who offer them commensurate jobs either in Middle East, Europe or in their own home countries.
That's why the new citizenship rules require intent to live in the country.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/grant/residence/intention.asp

Subsection 5(1.1) of the Act states that for the purposes of paragraphs 5(1)(c.1) and 11(1)(e), the person’s intention must be continuous from the date of their application until they have taken the Oath of Citizenship.
If they leave immediately after getting citizenship, then they lied, and they run the risk of having their citizenship stripped for misrepresentation.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kateg said:
If they leave immediately after getting citizenship, then they lied, and they run the risk of having their citizenship stripped for misrepresentation.
Actually I think that must be fairly low risk. PNP PR's have been leaving their PNP provinces right after landing for years and nothing is happening to them, although I tend to advise people to stay for at least a few months as to not make it obvious.

Intentions can change too. You could have intentions to stay in Canada when you apply as well as when you get citizenship and the very next day you hear that one of your parents had a stroke and needs care or maybe your best friend David in the US gets you the best job offer ever ;) So yeah, intentions can change and it will be hard for immigration to prove that somebody didn't have intent to stay when they gained their citizenship. I think they just put this there as scare tactics and maybe to use in the most blatant abuse cases where the person already left Canada right after applying and obviously never had intent.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kateg said:
You said it, not me.
I was being sarcastic and made fun of what you implied earlier. Oh, well....

There are three parts to finding a job. The first is to build a credible picture (job experience and education). The second is to convey that credible picture in a resume (when you are one of multiple applicants, you need to stand out in a good way). The third is to interview well. If your callback rate is that abysmal, you are likely messing up part #2, and possibly part #1.

In the past, my wife has sent out poor resumes (including while living in the US). Her first round of applications in Canada were not that good, and she didn't get callbacks. After she worked at it and incorporated the changes I suggested, she sent out another round of applications, and got the interviews. It was her immigration status (Open Work Permit, not P/R) that caused employers to have issues with her. We made the decision to wait until after she received P/R to apply again. The last round of applications took a week to find employment, once the Permanent Residency issue was resolved. It's in her field (biology/academia), and not a survival job.
I don't know where your wife is from. We lived over 20 years in US. My spouse went to school here, graduated and got a good job in very competitive job market. It was hard, took her few months of applying and interviewing, but she got it. And same with me.
We are in US. Our economy is NOT what it used to be prior to 2008. We know a thing or two about #1, #2 and #3 you mentioned.
So, no need to tell me obvious. There are no jobs in Canada, and open vacancies get hundreds of desperate applicants. That's where the problem is.
If 400 people apply for ONE job (let's say teaching music at conservatory), even if you bring 400 Mozarts and each writes an opera only ONE will get hired.

It's not propaganda - you asked for a rationale, and I gave you one. I'm also not a sir. My name's Kate - it's right there in the username. I'm blunt and an asshole sometimes, but I'm not a sir...
In the past, my wife has sent out poor resumes (including while living in the US). Her first round of applications in Canada were not that good, and she didn't get callbacks.
My name's Kate - it's right there in the username. I'm blunt and an asshole sometimes, but I'm not a sir...
No comments

Sydkadra

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Hi All Experts
As it was posted the family want to travel to Canada is having US non-immigrant visa (B1/B2) valid of 10 years. The question is if the family enters US via New York and take a Car on rent and drive do Niagara Falls and head to the Queenston-Lewiston Bridge, whether the US immigration officials may want to see the documents which satisfy them that the family having travel authorization to Canada. The question
1- whether they see the expired PR cards as acceptable documents for entry into Canada and allow the family to leave US border
2- Whether the family can return to US say in case they want to return my intention here is whether it is allowed to enter US border same day with the B1/B2 Visitor Visa or there shall be lapse of some days or weeks. As in some country once you leave the country, you can not re-enter without a lapse of 8 weeks.
I just want to know about multiple entry US Visa whether it can be used to enter and leave US for many number of times or the entry exit is restricted with intersperse of time lapse.
If somebody want to shed more light and provide more details about the land travel for those who are from non-exempt Visa countries and enter Canada by land through US land border.
Thanks

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. CBP will want to know why you are seeking admission into the US. They can ask for proof you can enter Canada or they may not bother. Perhaps you shouldn't bring the "I'm just on my way to Canada" to their attention if this is not asked.

2. Sure you can seek re-admission into the US after one day or within the day if you have the relevant visa. CBP will inspect you afresh and will consider the date and duration of your last US entry as well as your reasons for the re-entry.

Sydkadra

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Msafiri said:
1. CBP will want to know why you are seeking admission into the US. They can ask for proof you can enter Canada or they may not bother. Perhaps you shouldn't bring the "I'm just on my way to Canada" to their attention if this is not asked.

2. Sure you can seek re-admission into the US after one day or within the day if you have the relevant visa. CBP will inspect you afresh and will consider the date and duration of your last US entry as well as your reasons for the re-entry.
Dear Msafiri
Thank you for the above reply. However, my question was a bit different to your answer to Q-1. I intended to ask about the CBP officials at the border of Lewiston-Queenston Bridge on US side as to how they want to ensure themselves that the person leaving the US border is having the valid authorization to enter another country and in our case is Canada and whether they are satisfied with expired PR cards and COPR document or whether they don't bother at all and just allow the person(s) to leave putting the just exit stamp on the passport. This I need clarification as the family never traveled by land previously.

Thanks alot

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They would allow you to leave without worrying about if you are allowed to enter Canada or not.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't ask for permission to leave US. There is no border control on US side when you leave the country. You only face CBP when you re-enter US.