+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

when do you start counting 120 days?

gillian

Sep 12, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello there!when do you start counting the 120 days? is it starting from the date of the email? thanks!!

Royal.Prince

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2010
Doc's Request.
28-09-2010
Nomination.....
19-10-2010
AOR Received.
01-11-2011
IELTS Request
Done already
File Transfer...
00-00-0000
Med's Request
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
01-24-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-11-2011, Submitted at 01-24-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Yes. The date of email that your received from Sydney recommending you for further steps , Full Application etc.

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Royal.Prince said:
Yes. The date of email that your received from Sydney recommending you for further steps , Full Application etc.

So the CIO will inform you of this via email, and not regular mail?

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poissonmagique said:
So the CIO will inform you of this via email, and not regular mail?
Usually via email now days...so keep checking your spam and inbox once you send file to CIO. Better to send it via goof courier company so that it can be tracked.

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rocky272727 said:
Usually via email now days...so keep checking your spam and inbox once you send file to CIO. Better to send it via goof courier company so that it can be tracked.
Some more questions here: Is it standard procedure for every person from every country to send the forms first to CIO, with no exceptions?

And will there be an interview at any step of the process, and when?

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poissonmagique said:
Some more questions here: Is it standard procedure for every person from every country to send the forms first to CIO, with no exceptions?

And will there be an interview at any step of the process, and when?

Yes, any applicant who is applying under FSW, must send their application first to Sydney.
quote from CIC website

***** All applicants in the Federal Skilled Worker Class, must submit their initial application to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Canada as of April 1, 2009. *****

Interview may require at your Local visa office stage , after submission of full application. If your documents are well prepared and less confusion for IO, chances of Interview are very slim under fast track application.

maapl

Feb 22, 2010
The email will come from FSW-Centralized-Intake-Office@cic.gc.ca with subject line "Application for Permanent Residence in Canada‏" so you can add this ID to your safe IDs list.

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
From the date you received the Initial approval from CIO. and if you are not sure about it you can check on CIC website the date the CIO approved your application.

gillian

Sep 12, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have another question. do i need to secure another birth ceritificate, marriage cert.? since i secured one last dec. 2009. would it still be valid? or il secure another one just to be safe?

SD

Star Member
Jan 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Gillian - 120 days start counting down from the date on the email. It is on the PCC and the IELTS results which expire. Civil docs like birth / marraige certificates do not expire so as long as you have unabrigded copies ( giving full names of parents / spouses) you will be fine.

@poissonmagique - Yes - every single person that wants to apply under Federal Skilled Worker program has to apply to the central office in Nova Scotia. Once they determine that you are eligible, they transfer your file to the local visa office and intimate you via email of 120 days to submit full and comprehensive docs.

gillian

Sep 12, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks SD for the reply. follow up question. before you submitted complete docs did you print again the forms?or just the photocopy of the forms you submitted to CIO? what about if there are changes like education? or the passport no. of my new born? do i attach a separate sheet for that? do you have a sample if ever? thanks so much!

SD

Star Member
Jan 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Gillian - we printed some forms which we wanted to make a change on and needed original signatures. (refer to the guide to see which ones).

Of course - you can make the relevant changes before submitting the complete package to the local visa office - but ensure that you explain properly in a cover letter so that they dont think you left out info deliberately with the initial application.

On your local visa office website - you will find the document checklist - i would recommend that you follow it to the T in terms of what you need to submit. We even kept it in the same order as per the checklist and inserted explanation letters where necessary.

Letter can be simple:

Date:

To
Canadian High Commission
(City)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Ref: Application for immigration under Federal Skilled Worker - File number ***********

This is with reference to the above. Explain what you are changing and why.

We trust this is in order.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information that you require.

Yours sincererly.

I think if you need to add a new family member - you need to fill in their details in one of the forms, make sure you go over all the other forms to ensure consistency. Attach their passports and details as asked by the guide.

gillian

Sep 12, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks so much SD! ill print only those pages with changes and attach the letter.

ainex_francois

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
Taif, Saudi Arabia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all!

i really need your help. i am going to apply for the FSW visa, and I studied the docs. It is stated there that whether I am alone or not in applying, I should still declare my family members, and attach their pictures. I am here in saudi and I dont have their pics, do I have to attach their pics in my initial application? I am single and is planning to apply alone. Also, do I have to declare my funds in the initial application? THank you so much guys! GBU all!

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ainex_francois said:
hi all!

i really need your help. i am going to apply for the FSW visa, and I studied the docs. It is stated there that whether I am alone or not in applying, I should still declare my family members, and attach their pictures. I am here in saudi and I dont have their pics, do I have to attach their pics in my initial application? I am single and is planning to apply alone. Also, do I have to declare my funds in the initial application? THank you so much guys! GBU all!

You have to declare all your family members but no need to send their pictures ( at least what I know), unless they are going with you to Canada. You will need to declare your family members ( no spouse as you said you are single/alone) but father, mother, brothers, sisters, step brother/sisters etc.

No even your/any else Pictures at initial stage Sydney Canada. You will need to send pictures later at your local visa office.

Yes, You have to declare/write in forms, how much available funds you have. You don't need to send any proof at initial stage Sydney.

Hope this helps. Good luck