+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

when do you receive the AOR ?

chelidio

Jun 25, 2007
Hi all,

My spouse's sponsorship application was approved on March 6, 2008. She received a letter from CIC basicly telling my file was sent to the local visa office for my PR to be processed.

Frequently checking the e-Cas with my sponsor's credentials, I noticed my status changed to IN PROGRESS at the end of April with a note "We started processing YOUR HUSBAND's application on April 25, 2008". As far as I understand, local visa office normally sends an AOR, but I have not received such document as of now. Ofcourse since I don't have my Immigration File Number, I can't follow my case on e-Cas entering my file number and my name.

I can only access e-Cas with my sponsor's credentials and all I get is the same notification. "We started processing YOUR application on April 25, 2008". Would there be any other info about my case if I could have entered e-Cas with my own credentials and Immigration File Number? Do you think I should contact the local visa office and ask about the AOR and File Number?

Wish all of you the best.

thanks..

DutchMan

Mar 12, 2008
I never received an AOR from the local visa office (Berlin). My case is being processed normally though.
I did receive a request for additional documents after a while, which included my case number.

Checking Ecas can be done using your partner's credentials. There is no difference in the info you will see.

Best regards,
DutchMan

Mridula R

May 6, 2008
Hi Chelidio,
I dont know which Visa office your case is being processed but mine is from Delhi, India. After the local visa office recieved my file they have not sent any ackowledgement until they sent out a mail asking for my passport. Thats only when i knew that my file is being looked in to actively. Approximatly 12 weeks after I knew the case is trasnfered to Delhi.

From what I hear from other people experiences, its better to leave the visa office to do their job and give them enough time before you start requesting a status update. Also it says in the web site that they would respond to queries only if is falling out side of the regular processing times. You would be better off checking that before you email them?
I know how you must be feeling right now, absolutly helpless. Thats how I am feeling.

All the best.
Mridula

chelidio

Jun 25, 2007
Oh well, they will contact me somehow, sometime I s'pose. In the meantime, all I have to do is wait and wait and yet wait .... :)
My case is being processed in Ankara office by the way.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.