+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When do received Docs get updated on the system?

SAK1979

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
I sent my PCCs about a month back and received an email today from CIC that the documents have been received by them and attached to my case. However, when I logged into CIC I didn't see any updates to my application.

Is the receipt of PCCs updated on the application status; if so what does it show as?
How long does it take to reflect it on the system?

omere

Jun 4, 2015
SAK1979 said:
I sent my PCCs about a month back and received an email today from CIC that the documents have been received by them and attached to my case. However, when I logged into CIC I didn't see any updates to my application.

Is the receipt of PCCs updated on the application status; if so what does it show as?
How long does it take to reflect it on the system?
nope

ETguru

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Hi,
From which ID did you get an mail stating that they have received your documents ? How long do they took to revert ?

Even I have sent my spouse documents/forms a month ago and still no update

iCanadaVisa

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
ETguru said:
Hi,
From which ID did you get an mail stating that they have received your documents ? How long do they took to revert ?

I sent PCCs and renewed passport copies to CIC through mail and emails. I received 'acknowledgement' automated emails (not 'documents received' confirmation) only from CIC immediately. I never received documents received confirmation email. When I checked my GCMS notes, I noticed that they received and updated my PCC to my file. CIC will attach the documents to your file and review when file processes. No worries regarding confirmation. This is my experience.

SAK1979

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
ETguru said:
Hi,

Hi ET
I sent the email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and got a response from them approximately 3 weeks later that they have received my documents and attached to my file. You can try the same.

Nick666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Getting a confirmation reply email from CIC inside Canada, is like a winning lottery.
After many emails and additional documents I have sent, they just replied to one of them after a week (got surprised!).
So don't waste your time, don't expect a reply. sadly their policy is keeping you in the dark.

For PPC and RPRF fee, you can order GCMS and it will appear there as incoming correspondence.