+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When do I receive Medicals

maymb

Nov 26, 2008
I had my interview done last week and the IO told me to come and pick up medical forms the day after but the receptionist told me the forms were not and they would be couriered to me.

Why they did not give the medicals on the day they promised and when do you think I will receive them? The visa office is Damascus.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
If they told you, then they will mail you. It recently happened and you will have to wait to receive it. Or you can call after few days or go to pick it up again. May be the forms were not available at the time of your interview. Did they told you that you succeeded in the interview? If all is well, you don't have to worry.

maymb

Nov 26, 2008
Thank you very much for your response. My interview held one year after updates and background check. The IO told me during the interview that if everything went well, I would get my medicals after the interview. At the end of the session she said since it was late, I had to come back and pick the medicals the day after. Now, I wonder why the forms were not ready. Are there stills issues that remained unresolved like security checks or it was just an admin matter.

dbx

Oct 24, 2008
I've just sent my application off to the same office.

Could you tell me how long it has taken you to get to this stage? When did you submit your application?

Thanks.

maymb

Nov 26, 2008
I applied in July 2003. full documents including IELTS sent at the time of application.update request rcvd Oct 2007 with 90 days time span. Updates sent in Nov 2003. Interview scheduled for Nov 2008.