+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Whats is procedure to apply for canadian colleges?Where to start?

NBN28

Dec 3, 2015
Can somebody please list out step-by-step procedure to apply for Canadian colleges.I am planning to do 1 year graduate certicate course for a May intake & I have not written IELTS/TOEFL yet.

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
This is a very vague question. But I'll try my best answering...

First of all, you would need to find a University/College that matches your educational interests and background.
Second not only education wise but also the area of the school meaning City/State. As not all cities are going to be comfortable to you depending on the weather and general feel of the city. For example if your coming from a country where it's sunny all year round and choose to go to Memorial University then I guaranty you'll be fed up with everything before you're even done with a semester but of course this depends on your ability to take up a challenge and what I mean by the General feel of the city is if you're used to either a very over crowded or the opposite where everyone knows everyone kind of city and end up going to a place where you end up being overwhelmed with what you're not used then this might take some time of getting used to, so be very careful in not only the university you choose but also where it's located.
Thirdly, you're financial ability of what you can afford should be taken into account the most. Because not only do you have to be able to pay for your school but also general living costs which varies from city to city... For example St. John's,NL cannot be even compared to Quebec so take living costs into consideration as well.

Lastly, after taking everything into consideration all you have to do is go to the "Apply" or "Admissions" section of the website of the university/College you choose and follow there admission steps.

Hope this helps.