+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to do if my wife is in Canada on Visit and gets a Dependent Visa PPR request

ZeeshanAhmd

Apr 27, 2022
Hi All,
I have a concern and would appreciate if anyone can shed some light on this. My wife is currently in India and I have applied for her Dependent PR as an Outside Applicant. The medicals were done on Mar 24, 2022 and we are awaiting for her PPR request now. I had also applied for a visit visa for her while awaiting the PR application to be processed and it got approved and the visit visa is now stamped on her passport. My question is, Can she now travel to Canada on Visit Visa and submit her passport in Canada once she gets her Dependent Visa PPR request? Is there anything which needs to be updated in the Dependent Visa file so that she can get the option of Virtual Landing from IRCC as she has applied as an Outside Applicant as I am assuming since she submitted as an outside applicant, she might only receive a PPR request to submit passport for her PR Visa to make the first landing.
Please help

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is there anything which needs to be updated in the Dependent Visa file so that she can get the option of Virtual Landing from IRCC
Update her address to in Canada when she arrives and they should process using the virtual landing system.

There is a webform to update address or I think you can call and have it done that way.

ZeeshanAhmd

Apr 27, 2022
Update her address to in Canada when she arrives and they should process using the virtual landing system.

There is a webform to update address or I think you can call and have it done that way.
Thank you for your reply and glad to know that it is an option. Is there any visa stamping on the passport with Virtual Landing system, considering that she will already be in Canada?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Just want to clarify. Do you mean Spousal/family sponsorship when you write "Dependent Visa". There is no "dependent visa" available for spouse.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your reply and glad to know that it is an option. Is there any visa stamping on the passport with Virtual Landing system, considering that she will already be in Canada?
No, they will not stamp the passport. An electronic COPR is issued and PR card in due course.