+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What other countries are you applying for :) ?

takingchance

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
Nomination.....
PER: 21-02-2015
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
Warsaw
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-06-2015,TLU: 10-06-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
pziegler1986 said:
In terms of skilled workers, people tend to get paid higher in Australia, especially in Accounting + Finance, I would estimate 10-20% higher, also get more vacation. There are less monopolies/oligopolies referring to Communications/Air travel/Auto Insurance - Canadians get absolutely pick pocketed for this, fuel and utilities would be more expensive.

This is from first hand experience as an Australian citizen and living and working in Canada for the past 19-20 months on a non-LMIA open work permit.
Agreed. And the jobs are good for people with good skills and experience and there is less discrimination for outsiders in those kind of jobs. Also, weather wins hands down. I would love to move to Australia. The only reason I want to move to Canada is because my family is there and in USA. And I don't want to stay on the other end of world from them. Other wise weather and lack of IT jobs and discrimination for outsiders is a big negative in Canada.

Waqas.A

Nov 4, 2014
Granadoespada said:
I applied for the UK and I'm already in London but I'm still applying for Canada. I also applied for the USA but I'm still waiting for it. Australia, I didn't appmy for it because I'm a nurse and I saw in the news that many local nurses in Australia were joblesx
How did you manage to get into UK. They have stopped HSMP and Tier-1. However for Tier-2 its almost next to impossible :(

please enlighten me on any other option :p

n4mo

Feb 2, 2015
vaibkv said:
Hey Guys,

Just curious to know what all countries this group is applying to. For example, I am considering only Canada and Australia at this point of time.

What all countries you guys are applying to?

Best!
I applied to NZ back in 2012 and got an ITA but held off as I got an extension on my contract/visa here in the US (plus, almost all of my family is based here).

I lived in Australia for almost a year - fond memories: beautiful place, friendly people.

I would say if you come from a country which was a former British colony, Australia (or NZ) would be an easier transition because of:
- right-hand drive vehicles
- terminologies (ex: you call it lift, we call it elevator, torch = flashlight, etc) & spelling of english words (ex: aluminium instead of aluminum)
- sports (cricket & rugby is big in AUS & NZ, but almost non-existent here in North America).