+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What Happens If My CRS Score Drops After Receiving an ITA?

Jasimshafeek

Oct 24, 2017
Hi everyone,

I’m seeking some advice regarding my Express Entry application. I received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) with a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of 514. This score was calculated based on 2 years of Canadian Experience Class (CEC) experience.

However, after reviewing my work history more closely, it turns out that I only qualify for 1 year of CEC experience. As a result, my CRS score has dropped to 501. I’m concerned about how this might affect my application.

Here are my questions:

1. Will my application be automatically refused because of the drop in score?
  2. How should I handle this discrepancy in my application?
  3. Is there a risk of refusal if my score is now below the cutoff, even though I received the ITA based on a higher score?
Any advice or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

I’m seeking some advice regarding my Express Entry application. I received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) with a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of 514. This score was calculated based on 2 years of Canadian Experience Class (CEC) experience.

However, after reviewing my work history more closely, it turns out that I only qualify for 1 year of CEC experience. As a result, my CRS score has dropped to 501. I’m concerned about how this might affect my application.

Here are my questions:

3. Is there a risk of refusal if my score is now below the cutoff, even though I received the ITA based on a higher score?

Thanks in advance!
1. Yes.
2. Don’t send in application until you have 2 years of refusal.
3. If your score is not high enough, then application is refused. You got a ITA with incorrect information.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi everyone,

Here are my questions:

Thanks in advance!
Did IRCC issued you points for 2 years exp and you have something like 1 year 10/11 months CEC exp? If so, don't decline the ITA.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
If your CRS is below the draw cut off, don't submit the application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

Here are my questions:

Thanks in advance!
Decline ITA.

Amrit2024

Aug 26, 2024
Why can‘t you calculate it using a calculator?
From October to May, I have full 8 months of 30 hours a week. First 3 weeks of june till 21st is also ok. How should I add up the days of September and one day of June? These 6 days?

Last edited: