+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does this message mean ?

Taskin

Oct 3, 2018
Hi...
We have applied for a visitor visa for me and my father on 1st October . Today(3rd October) this message appears when we track the item online:

Visa application, tracking ID(...) – Your passport has been sent from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 03/10/2018 by courier.
Any idea what this means?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Without visa means rejection, link it online on MyCIC? If not you should get mail within a few days/weeks with reason.

Taskin

Oct 3, 2018
I’ve got a letter, indicating that they thinks I’ll not leave Canada after my visit. Total non-sense

Last edited:

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I’ve got an letter, indicating that they thinks I’ll not leave Canada after my visit. Total non-sense
What documents did you include for the application? Before saying it is total nonsense, list your documents you provided and we may be able to suggest more documents you can include in the next application. This reason can mean a lot of things. You didn't satisfy them you have strong ties to your home country, your employment situation may be improved if you stay in Canada etc.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You can get caips notes to get a better picture but you need to show better ties to home country, i.e reasons for you to return both through docs and your explanation letter.

Taskin

Oct 3, 2018
I’m a full time student here in the UK, I’ve provided documents about that. My family is here as well. My mother is currently in Canada at my aunts place. I planned to visit Canada for a week this half-term and come back with my mum to the UK. With the form, I included my return tickets to Montreal, my bank statement, my sponsor letter, photocopy of my UK permanent resident permit card.
After a day of application they sent back my passport with a letter .

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Where are you from? What is your mothers status in Canada? Is your mother your sponsor? Do you have any funds? Did you provide any ties to your home country.

It sounds like you may have more ties to Canada right now that you do to your home country. As you are not a UK national, the CIC will think there is no reason why you won't go to Canada and stay there.

Taskin

Oct 3, 2018
I’m from Bangladesh, and permanent resident of the UK. My mother is also from United Kingdom. He’s in Canada to visit my aunts house. My uncle was my sponsor, who’s Bangladeshi born Canadian.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
So your mother is from Bangladesh too? Not from the uk. As previously stated, the CIC will look at your application with scrutiny because your Aunt and Uncle are from Canada. What did you provide for financial evidence? Is the trip totally financed by your Uncle? How much funds have you got? Are you working in the UK? If you are get a letter from your boss saying you have a leave of absence and still have a permanent position there.

You may be genuinely visiting Canada, but there are a lot of people that come here and stay. That's why the CIC need a lot of evidence to prove you won't stay. Do you own any property, or do you have a rental lease? This information would have to be in the application too.

Taskin

Oct 3, 2018
Thanks , you’re so much helpful.
Me, my parents every is from Bangladesh, but we’re permanent resident of UK. And my mother provided less documents than me when she applied, still she got 5 years of visa. Secondly I’m a student too, I’m not going to stay in Canada by quitting my study here and to be frank I’ll not get the same benefits in Canada which I’ll get here in the UK. I don’t see any reason for staying in Canada, if I want to stay I’ll apply for that type of visa not a temporary resident visa. And I’m a full time student and work part time. The trip was totally financed by my Uncle, and I’ve shown $1000 for 1 week, which I guess is enough. As in the letter it was clearly mentioned my uncle will cover all the cost for my accommodation and flight tickets.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
You have to convince them though. Your mothers application does not have any bearing on yours. $1000 a week is not enough. You being a student is a huge red flag. You are not working full time so in their eyes you don't have any reason not to stay in Canada. You need to show your college course is important to your life either in the UK or in Bangaladesh. To be honest it is going to be hard for you to get a permit as 1. you don't live in your home country and 2 you have bigger ties (Uncle and Aunt) in Canada than you do either in the UK or Bangladesh. Doesn't help your case that your mother is now there.