+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the odds my Iranian Common law partner will be approved for PR?

alc

Jul 13, 2015
We are a couple that has been together for will over a year. She is here on student visa and we are applying for PR through common law. What is the odds she will be accepted? I'm very worried about it because we love each other very much and my son and her also have a strong mother son bond. It seems the Canadian government isn't to open to Iranians lately.

Another question I am curious is the best way to have her Iranian sister approved for a visitor visa. She is close with her sister and it would be great if we could get her to come here and visit at least once (hopefully every now and again).
Thanks

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
alc said:
We are a couple that has been together for will over a year. She is here on student visa and we are applying for PR through common law. What is the odds she will be accepted? I'm very worried about it because we love each other very much and my son and her also have a strong mother son bond. It seems the Canadian government isn't to open to Iranians lately.

Another question I am curious is the best way to have her Iranian sister approved for a visitor visa. She is close with her sister and it would be great if we could get her to come here and visit at least once (hopefully every now and again).
Thanks
What makes you think the gov. isn't "open to Iranians"? What they care about is if your relationship is genuine, and that she's not using you to get her PR. That's what you have to prove.

I don't know how hard it is for Iranians to get a visitor visa, but check out this thread for some helpful tips: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-grantedwife-of-pr-t273759.0.html . This is from someone who was a wife getting her PR, not just a visitor, but some of the tips are relevant to anyone.

The big thing is proving that she will return to Iran when her visa is up. Request a small amount of time, not 6 months.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
With lots of proof that your relationship is genuine, and that you have lived together for more than 12 months, the odds are very good that she will be accepted. Her strong bond with your son is one piece of evidence that the visa officers consider important, but which not everyone might think to include.
For her sister to get a TRV, she has to provide proof that she will leave Canada. So she should include, if possible, proof she has a job, with a letter from her boss giving her some time off; proof of a lease, mortgage, or property ownership; proof of funds; proof she is enrolled in school; proof of anything else that ties her to Iran.