+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the consequences for overstaying in Canada?

Sebastien1

Feb 3, 2011
I understand that there are probably tons of different factors that can affect the consequences of overstaying in Canada. So i will narrow it down a bit.

-overstayed for less then 365 days past expected leaving date.

-individual was issued special circumstances upon entry into canada (i.e: a 3 month visitor visa).

Generally speaking, if a person disobeys their expected leaving date what are the circumstances? Do they need to stay out of canada for a specific amount of time before attempting to return? I understand the IO has the final say.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Sebastien1 said:
I understand that there are probably tons of different factors that can affect the consequences of overstaying in Canada. So i will narrow it down a bit.

-overstayed for less then 365 days past expected leaving date.

-individual was issued special circumstances upon entry into canada (i.e: a 3 month visitor visa).

Generally speaking, if a person disobeys their expected leaving date what are the circumstances? Do they need to stay out of canada for a specific amount of time before attempting to return? I understand the IO has the final say.
1. If they get caught in Canada, departure order, exclusion order (1-2 year ban) deportation life time ban (need minister permission to re-enter)
2. Not caught but on re-entry, probably refused admission for previous overstay, obvious won't obey Act/Regs.