+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What actually happens at Sydney ?

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Hi ,

As the processing formats are being changed at CIC i.e. email AOR , faster transfer of files to local office etc , I was just wondering if anyone could shed light on what actually happens at Sydney (central office ).

Both me and my son applied on the same day at the same time ,and our files were received by CIC on the same day , however his file not only came into process more than a month before me , but it was transferred to the local office just after one day of getting in process . However mine is still sitting in Sydney . So I was just wondering which processing steps are performed by Sydney (like Background checks , screening of docs etc), why some files take longer to be transferred to local office than others and what could be the possible factors that could delay the processing of a file at Sydney and local office both .

Any inputs are highly appreciated !

Thanks

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
If it is a family application then your file is also in Sydney, only the ecase was not updated.

If your son is not a minor and you both applied separately then it is possible they have different timings. Usually student's applications go faster as they have a very good proof for their living in Canada. They have school, university attendance records which will show very clear they lived in Canada.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
kumbu.bumbu said:
If it is a family application then your file is also in Sydney, only the ecase was not updated.

If your son is not a minor and you both applied separately then it is possible they have different timings. Usually student's applications go faster as they have a very good proof for their living in Canada. They have school, university attendance records which will show very clear they lived in Canada.
Thanks for the info . What about the Background checks ? Are they done in Sydney or at the local office ?

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They mosey into the office at around 9:15, check their facebook and socialize with their coworkers. At around 10 it's time for a Tim's run. They are back at their desks by 11, usually, and open 2 to 5 envelopes each. Then it's time for lunch, which ends at around 1:20. 3 more envelopes, another trip to Tim's, and it's 3:45, or "quittin' time", as public "servants" call it.

Repeat, with month-long interruptions in August of each year, until age 50 when they retire on a pension higher than most immigrants' incomes.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bambino said:
They mosey into the office at around 9:15, check their facebook and socialize with their coworkers. At around 10 it's time for a Tim's run. They are back at their desks by 11, usually, and open 2 to 5 envelopes each. Then it's time for lunch, which ends at around 1:20. 3 more envelopes, another trip to Tim's, and it's 3:45, or "quittin' time", as public "servants" call it.

Repeat, with month-long interruptions in August of each year, until age 50 when they retire on a pension higher than most immigrants' incomes.
+1
The lack of transparency works perfectly for them isn't it ;)

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BOTH, i was told that my file is still in background check in the local office.

informatics said:
Thanks for the info . What about the Background checks ? Are they done in Sydney or at the local office ?

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bambino said:

Lol excellent ! :D

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As on what my ATIP says,Sydney mostly do the docs capture,security screenings,background checks,RCMP clearance... and local office schedules you for the test, interview( w/c includes verification of docs and info), then Oath. But as of the recent applications, all are forwarded right away unlike in the past w/c would take few months or several. So they might have delegated some stages in the application to the local offices. IMO.