+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES re-evaluation process on completed ECA report

Reehal

Jun 6, 2014
Hello Guys,
I am new to this forum. I have an important query regarding ECA report. I had applied through WES for ECA assessment of all my credentials which are as follows:
Bachelor of Arts (done as private student from PU, chandigarh in 2004)
Bachelor of Science (IT) (done through distance education for Recognized uni in 2005)
MBA (done from recognized uni in 2006 ) got admission in MBA on the basis of B.A. degree

I had applied for assessment of all three degrees. But WES only ended up my credentials evaluation of BSc (IT) and MBA degree and both my degrees they evaluatesd as equalent to canadian degrees. It took almost a month to get the evaluation done. Now I got evaluation report only stating two degrees instead of three.

They completed my report on 29th May, 2014. On the same day I sent them an email just to ask
the reason why they not included my B.A degree in evaluation report. Then without asking me they put my completed evaluation report on "FILE UNDER REVIEW" status and removed my completed evaluation report from their website. Till date I don't receive any further notification from their side.
All my fsw application preparation is done. My big concern is that can I use ECA report which I already got or do I need to wait for new report. My old report can fulfill my fsw education points claim requirement. I am thinking to wait for 2-3 days more then I"ll send my application with old report and when I"ll get new report then I"ll send that to cic along with cover letter.
Plz experts give me some suggestions. I am in delimma now. I don't know what to do? I think I did blunder mistake to ask about my second bachelor to WES. Plz help my out. Your suggestions can change someone's life. Thanks in advance.

God bless you all.

mr.Hope

Oct 12, 2012
Calgary
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04/7/13, DD Charged-29/9/13, PER - 03/12/13
AOR Received.
16/1/2014 Interview: 15-4-2014
Med's Request
22-4-2014 Passport Req:22-4-2014
Med's Done....
28-4-2014 3rd line updated: 9-05-14
VISA ISSUED...
6-6-2014
LANDED..........
Mid Of September !!!
Reehal said:
Hello Guys,
I am new to this forum. I have an important query regarding ECA report. I had applied through WES for ECA assessment of all my credentials which are as follows:
Bachelor of Arts (done as private student from PU, chandigarh in 2004)
Bachelor of Science (IT) (done through distance education for Recognized uni in 2005)
MBA (done from recognized uni in 2006 ) got admission in MBA on the basis of B.A. degree

I had applied for assessment of all three degrees. But WES only ended up my credentials evaluation of BSc (IT) and MBA degree and both my degrees they evaluatesd as equalent to canadian degrees. It took almost a month to get the evaluation done. Now I got evaluation report only stating two degrees instead of three.

They completed my report on 29th May, 2014. On the same day I sent them an email just to ask
the reason why they not included my B.A degree in evaluation report. Then without asking me they put my completed evaluation report on "FILE UNDER REVIEW" status and removed my completed evaluation report from their website. Till date I don't receive any further notification from their side.
All my fsw application preparation is done. My big concern is that can I use ECA report which I already got or do I need to wait for new report. My old report can fulfill my fsw education points claim requirement. I am thinking to wait for 2-3 days more then I"ll send my application with old report and when I"ll get new report then I"ll send that to cic along with cover letter.
Plz experts give me some suggestions. I am in delimma now. I don't know what to do? I think I did blunder mistake to ask about my second bachelor to WES. Plz help my out. Your suggestions can change someone's life. Thanks in advance.

God bless you all.
If you're 100 % sure you can claim 67 points with your present report, then first you should prioritize your time in sending away the package to CIC. do write a covering letter to CIC about WES's mistake.

then, contact WES for new report.

immig_IT_guy

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
16-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not Sure
Med's Request
23-12-2014
Med's Done....
03-01-2015, FBI PCC submitted on 03-04-2015
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-12-2015
mr.Hope said:
If you're 100 % sure you can claim 67 points with your present report, then first you should prioritize your time in sending away the package to CIC. do write a covering letter to CIC about WES's mistake.

then, contact WES for new report.
Reehal take it easy buddy
The way I look at it
They might have missed checking your other degree, And they have already done their analysis without it.
With your additional degree would only add to your ECA report and would not affect negatively.
I think you can just send the ECA report if you qualify for the 67 points with your current ECA.

Reehal

Jun 6, 2014
immig_IT_guy said:
Reehal take it easy buddy
The way I look at it
They might have missed checking your other degree, And they have already done their analysis without it.
With your additional degree would only add to your ECA report and would not affect negatively.
I think you can just send the ECA report if you qualify for the 67 points with your current ECA.
Thank u mr.hope and immig_IT_guy for prompt reply. I am qualifying with current ECA report. But the problem is this report is no longer available on WES website. In "ORDER DETAILS" menu they are showing "FILE UNDER REVIEW". My completed report is no longer available in "VIEW REPORT" section. So my concern is if I send this ECA with my application and when CIC will try to verify this report on WES server then what will happen with my application? Plz suggest me what to do? Can I request WES to not to change my ECA Report. Can I send them email stating that I am satisfied with current ECA report and this report can surve my fsw application purpose. Plz reply asap. Thanks a lot

mr.Hope

Oct 12, 2012
Calgary
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
6-6-2014
LANDED..........
Mid Of September !!!
Reehal said:
Thank u mr.hope and immig_IT_guy for prompt reply. I am qualifying with current ECA report. But the problem is this report is no longer available on WES website. In "ORDER DETAILS" menu they are showing "FILE UNDER REVIEW". My completed report is no longer available in "VIEW REPORT" section. So my concern is if I send this ECA with my application and when CIC will try to verify this report on WES server then what will happen with my application? Plz suggest me what to do? Can I request WES to not to change my ECA Report. Can I send them email stating that I am satisfied with current ECA report and this report can surve my fsw application purpose. Plz reply asap. Thanks a lot
since you already have the report on you, Send it to cic, and do a covering letter explaining cic the error with WES, it shouldn't be a problem then.

good luck !

Reehal

Jun 6, 2014
mr.Hope said:
since you already have the report on you, Send it to cic, and do a covering letter explaining cic the error with WES, it shouldn't be a problem then.

good luck !
Thanks for reply mr.hope. as I explained earlier that my present completed report is no longer available on my WES refrence a/c. They abolish my report from "VIEW REPORT". So if I send this yo cic along with cover letter and when CIC want to verify it on WES then my report would be different in future. CIC may reject my application becsuse of this issue. Can I request WES to not to do re-evaluation process and revise my completed report as my correct report. Plz reply me. I want to take any action asap. Thanks in advance.

mr.Hope

Oct 12, 2012
Calgary
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
6-6-2014
LANDED..........
Mid Of September !!!
Reehal said:
Thanks for reply mr.hope. as I explained earlier that my present completed report is no longer available on my WES refrence a/c. They abolish my report from "VIEW REPORT". So if I send this yo cic along with cover letter and when CIC want to verify it on WES then my report would be different in future. CIC may reject my application becsuse of this issue. Can I request WES to not to do re-evaluation process and revise my completed report as my correct report. Plz reply me. I want to take any action asap. Thanks in advance.
send WES a case specific query mentioning - URGENT in subject.

I am of the opinion that, CIC won't refuse your application, unless you're short of the 67 mark and if your degrees mentioned on the WES report have been not evaluated equally with the Canadian standard.
since, you have mentioned you already have 67 points, you should recheck with your complete documents and mail it to CIC.

teddydeeps

May 1, 2014
hi reehal

your score would be for the highest level of education... mba.
it does not matter if you have 2 under graduate degrees.
i would suggest mail it with your present eca. add a covering letter that the your second ug degree is pending assessment from wes.. and you have taken up with them..

all the best.
td.

IonM

Jul 5, 2014
Hi Reehal,

I have the same dilemma. I have two degrees and I asked a document-by-document evaluation. WES has sent me the evaluation report for the MA degree from US, but did not say anything about the second degree - the undergraduate degree from Romania. So when I asked them whether I will get back my original BA diploma and why it does not show on the WES page they suggested they speeded up the process to allow me to meet the FSWP 2014 deadline and that should I wish to add a second degree then I should email them and subsequently they will put on hold the report and it will not be available to the Canadian immigration authorities. I did not email them and I thought the issue was solved, but now I want to send the package and I checked the WES website and it says FILE UNDER REVIEW and there is no trace of the previous evaluation report.

How did you solve the problem? Did you send the package with the original report?

Best,
Ion

Sarah1791

Aug 4, 2014
IonM said:
Hi Reehal,

I have the same dilemma. I have two degrees and I asked a document-by-document evaluation. WES has sent me the evaluation report for the MA degree from US, but did not say anything about the second degree - the undergraduate degree from Romania. So when I asked them whether I will get back my original BA diploma and why it does not show on the WES page they suggested they speeded up the process to allow me to meet the FSWP 2014 deadline and that should I wish to add a second degree then I should email them and subsequently they will put on hold the report and it will not be available to the Canadian immigration authorities. I did not email them and I thought the issue was solved, but now I want to send the package and I checked the WES website and it says FILE UNDER REVIEW and there is no trace of the previous evaluation report.

How did you solve the problem? Did you send the package with the original report?

Best,
Ion
Hello guys,
I am stuck with the same problem as u both and am so much frustrated ! Only my MA degree has been assessed and my BA has been left out of the ECA report. My file has been put under review and there is no indication or estimate of how long I should wait for a revised report. Ion and Reehal, you have been through this hell and know better what I am going through right now! Has your ECA revised report been issued yet and if yes how long did it take? Thanks

IonM

Jul 5, 2014
Hello Sarah1791

After two months and two weeks I still did not receive my revised ECA report. Moreover it begins to look like a never-ending quest.

Here is what happened. I waited for six-seven weeks and then I asked them to give me a timeline or at least some kind of clue how long do I have to wait. My request did not elicit any clear deadline or any meaningful response from WES. Tired of waiting I kindly asked WES to cancel the addition of the second credential, and return my original documents. I also asked them to re-post the initial report for my Master's degree. They returned my documents, however did not update my online status. I had to send them another email asking them to update my status online. Finally they did it, but included a third credential which I simply do not have and which I requested to be cancelled back in May. Now I am sending them emails asking to remove the unnecessary credential, but they simply ignore my emails or maybe some of the employees are incompetent and do not know how to fix the problem. The bottom line of this story is that after 10 weeks of waiting and paying 299 US dollars I did not get my final ECA report.

So the ordeal is not over yet. I called them, but the people answering the phones are not connected to the evaluators and they simply tell me what's on my profile and tell me to wait.

It is a very frustrating experience and if it is not resolved I plan to complain to the Canadian Office of Consumer Affairs or write an extensive review for the Ripoffreport .

It seems they can get away with it simply because they have been selected by the Canadian government as one of the four institutions to issue ECA reports and as there is a steady demand for these kind of reports they don't care about their customers. So even though they call themselves a non-profit, I think profit is definitely a problem here. I just hope that they do not do it on purpose, but given that it is a rather small company this might be a possibility.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Ion

meelan

Mar 11, 2013
Hello friends

Its been almost three weeks since my application to WES came under "File Under Review" due to the same reasons above. Have any of you ever received a reviewed new report ever?
My problem is that WES missed my highest educational qualification and desperately need this in my report. I sent several mails asking for the current status. No proper reply so far.

preethi.lb

Jan 4, 2015
IonM said:
Hello Sarah1791

After two months and two weeks I still did not receive my revised ECA report. Moreover it begins to look like a never-ending quest.

Here is what happened. I waited for six-seven weeks and then I asked them to give me a timeline or at least some kind of clue how long do I have to wait. My request did not elicit any clear deadline or any meaningful response from WES. Tired of waiting I kindly asked WES to cancel the addition of the second credential, and return my original documents. I also asked them to re-post the initial report for my Master's degree. They returned my documents, however did not update my online status. I had to send them another email asking them to update my status online. Finally they did it, but included a third credential which I simply do not have and which I requested to be cancelled back in May. Now I am sending them emails asking to remove the unnecessary credential, but they simply ignore my emails or maybe some of the employees are incompetent and do not know how to fix the problem. The bottom line of this story is that after 10 weeks of waiting and paying 299 US dollars I did not get my final ECA report.

So the ordeal is not over yet. I called them, but the people answering the phones are not connected to the evaluators and they simply tell me what's on my profile and tell me to wait.

It is a very frustrating experience and if it is not resolved I plan to complain to the Canadian Office of Consumer Affairs or write an extensive review for the Ripoffreport .

It seems they can get away with it simply because they have been selected by the Canadian government as one of the four institutions to issue ECA reports and as there is a steady demand for these kind of reports they don't care about their customers. So even though they call themselves a non-profit, I think profit is definitely a problem here. I just hope that they do not do it on purpose, but given that it is a rather small company this might be a possibility.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Ion

Dear IonM,

I need some urgent suggestion. My friend sent my original degree certificate by mistake. I see that you have got back your documents. Can you please guide me how you got back your documents, as WES refuses to give back documents. Your inputs will mean a lot to me. Please please guide.

rubyindia

Apr 6, 2018
Hi,

I have 4 year bachelors degree and 2 year Masters from Indian Universities, In ECA report, its mentioned as the below:

Credential - Bachelor Degree : Bachelor of Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor Degree(4 year's)

Credential - Master Of Science
Canadian Equivalency: Post Graduate Diploma (1 year)

Where my Post Graduate course was not a diploma course, and it was a 2 year course. (The same I had given for ECA verification)

Kindly advice how to contact WAS to correct the same.

maggi3005

Mar 20, 2020
hi,

have 4 year bachelors degree and 2 year Masters from Indian Universities, In ECA report, its mentioned as the below:

Credential - Bachelor Degree : Bachelor of Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor Degree(4 year's)

Credential - Master Of Science
Canadian Equivalency: Post Graduate Diploma (1 year)

Where my Post Graduate course was not a diploma course, and it was a 2 year course. (The same I had given for ECA verification)

Does WES revise their report