+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wes EVALUATION

mrugank

Oct 27, 2014
Hi,

I've received WES report lately, concluding Canadian equivalency of Bachelor Degree (4 Years).

Now, the issue is, I have completed M.Sc (2 Years) and B.Sc (3 Years) programs from INDIA.And my report have concluded that your Master degree period is calculated in conjunction with Bachelor Degree that is 3+2 years and still they have concluding Canadian equivalency of Bachelor Degree (4 Years).
How can I calculate my points for FSWP?
As M.Sc it is 23 or as B.Sc it is 21.

Please suggest.

ashishv

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi -> Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
March 2015
Med's Request
May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
mrugank said:
Hi,

I've received WES report lately, concluding Canadian equivalency of Bachelor Degree (4 Years).

Now, the issue is, I have completed M.Sc (2 Years) and B.Sc (3 Years) programs from INDIA.And my report have concluded that your Master degree period is calculated in conjunction with Bachelor Degree that is 3+2 years and still they have concluding Canadian equivalency of Bachelor Degree (4 Years).
How can I calculate my points for FSWP?
As M.Sc it is 23 or as B.Sc it is 21.

Please suggest.
Canadian equivalency of Bachelor Degree - Take points for Bachelor Degree as CIC will only consider the equivalency given by WES. Moreover, you can get in touch with WES and seek clarification.

mrugank

Oct 27, 2014
Thanks a lot, but will they change the report? My consultant have told me that they r not considering our Bachelor degree (3 Years) course as their course so they may have consider my M.Sc (2 Years) with it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CIC will award you 21 points based on the WES evalutation. No - I don't think WES is going to change their report to give you more points.

mwrooney

Aug 31, 2014
WES will not change the result anyway. You will get 21 points.

You should see other areas such as IELTS and Adaptability points to reach 67 or above score for FSW.

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
what is the total points you have ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mrugank said:
I have 69 points if we calculate M.Sc and 67 if count as WES report.
You have 67 points (not 69). You would only have 69 points if WES had recognized your Masters as a Masters - which they didn't.

mrugank

Oct 27, 2014
9145 said:
If you ask them, for clarifications - They will provide you the reasoning for their decision/ or they will put your file under Review for positive changes.
WES recognizes Indian 3yr Bachelors degrees equivalent to US Degrees under certain set of conditions.
WES will change & provide you report, if you have a valid set of reasoning points.

For Eg.
Is the college you attended certified by NAAC for A Grade or above, then degrees earned from these colleges (Even if passing) is considered to be Equivalent.
Is the University your College is affiliated an well known and used to be the only one to provide education in & around your area. If deemed, is it a reputable one & recognized by WES. Have the UNI come in top 30 rankings between 10 years of your study. Private Universities aren't generally accepted by WES. Usually PG programs in overseas follow a thesis(advanced) and non-thesis program, In India we have a compulsory thesis program which is Project Report/Work for PG programs, So that to could be noted.

I don't know the time-frame for correction after putting your "file under review", but for usual process, they will inform they need 20 days, and does it in 15.

Your consultant, is giving you "guesswork" opinion, which is far from truth; Until you've a valid response from WES Team.

got your point....I have to contact WES for this...thanks

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
At any scenario,
WES should least show the decency to provide you with the equivalency statement of "Two or more Canadian post-secondary degrees or diplomas or equal (at least one must be for a program of at least three years)" which will fetch you 22 points, If the Institution Status is Recognized.

If it was 1yr(Usual length) PG Diploma program, it could be justified for adding it up with UG program, But a 2yr recognized program to a 1yr status, is deplorable & diminishing of Indian education system, even from the the common "kind & sensible" canadiana stereotype viewpoint; Except from the rob ford's, of course ;D :p

Do post their reply; If any sorts of negligence towards their customer in form of Beat around the bush or No replies, Do complaint, someone will help, there are reports that the office they "supposedly" say they have isn't virtually existent, they don't update the complete status of the documents sent as appropriate to their requirements, even if it is sent as asked to avoid legal procedures and show the ill befalls are due to customer's negligence and finally and the funniest one with images where, when the documents are sent, the delivery company shows received and the sign of the receiver seems to be of a child or such.

ritvik123

Sep 16, 2012
App. Filed.......
7th Dec
Doc's Request.
20 March
AOR Received.
6th Feb
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
Hi guys,

Even i am so confused with the points that they are going to award me...Kindly help!

I used the tool on WES website to just get an idea how would it be equivalent to Canadian studies. Below is the result!

I don't understand what does 1 year graduate study mean?

Your Provisional Degree Equivalency

Credential 1
Country of Education: India
Name of Degree: Bachelor of Business Administration
Name of Institution: University of Mumbai
Equivalency in Canada: Bachelor's degree (4 years)

Credential 2
Country of Education: India
Name of Degree: Master of Management Studies
Name of Institution: University of Mumbai
Equivalency in Canada: 1 year of graduate study